Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Lomachenko-Saiido A Mismatch?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Is Olympic Gold Medalist Lomachenko, in only his second pro fight, ready for the experience and punching power of Salido? The Olympian goes for Salido's WBO Featherweight World Championship in his second fight. Too much too soon? Or not? Ring TV talks about the fight here:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/318751-orlando-salido-2

Jack
klonopinz
i dont think so, Lomachenko has some slick skills and seems like he has good power, hes a southpaw as well, which will add to his unorthodox style. He landed some vicious body shots in his last fight and by the look of his face he was surprised the guy went down, i dont think he thought it would be that easy. the guy he fought was a nobody, but he showed some good all around skills and judging by his atitude i dont think he was even challenged watsoever. I think salido is one dimensional, very good at that one dimensial, but nevertheles hes a one dimensional pressure fighter. Lomachenko seems to be more of a counterpucnher anyway, with blistering combos when he wants to unload. I can see flash knock downs, i dont think hell knock him out if mikey couldnt. The fight will probably go the same way as the mikey garcia fight without the TD. I see a UD. salido is tough as nails. well see if loma has a chin or not for sure. I have heard from HBO that bob wants to match him up with rigondeaux at some point, have his 2, 2-time gold medalists face off with eachother.
mrchitown
I don't think it's a mismatch but I still don't like the fight because he hasn't earned the right to fight any champion. But he does pose some threat to Salido because Lomanchenko has skills and his hands are fast, but I do agree with Salido that the longer the fight goes the more it plays into his hands
mrchitown
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 24 2014, 05:25 PM) *
i dont think so, Lomachenko has some slick skills and seems like he has good power, hes a southpaw as well, which will add to his unorthodox style. He landed some vicious body shots in his last fight and by the look of his face he was surprised the guy went down, i dont think he thought it would be that easy. the guy he fought was a nobody, but he showed some good all around skills and judging by his atitude i dont think he was even challenged watsoever. I think salido is one dimensional, very good at that one dimensial, but nevertheles hes a one dimensional pressure fighter. Lomachenko seems to be more of a counterpucnher anyway, with blistering combos when he wants to unload. I can see flash knock downs, i dont think hell knock him out if mikey couldnt. The fight will probably go the same way as the mikey garcia fight without the TD. I see a UD. salido is tough as nails. well see if loma has a chin or not for sure. I have heard from HBO that bob wants to match him up with rigondeaux at some point, have his 2, 2-time gold medalists face off with eachother.

Don't hold your breath for that....Rigondeauz isn't fighting until July 19th according to his manager and Lomanchenko's team has already backed down from that fight. Check boxingscene, there's numerous interviews with his team where they let it be known their not interested in a fight with Rigondeaux
Jovi
They are rushing the Shiz out of Lomachenko, but I ain't gonna deny his skills. I saw a list of the other day that included Lomachenko's Amateur record (amongst others) and dude is definitely the real deal. Only 1 loss ever in the amateurs! More wins and less losses than the ultimate Rigondeaux. Even in the amateurs, if you can fight almost 400 times and only lose 1, then i can't say shit, on top of that 2 gold medals?! Salido gon get that ass whooped!!!

Even when he does fight Rigondeaux, Im leaning towards Lomachenko. I know Pro is different than the amateurs so we'll see.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 24 2014, 04:23 PM) *
Is Olympic Gold Medalist Lomachenko, in only his second pro fight, ready for the experience and punching power of Salido? The Olympian goes for Salido's WBO Featherweight World Championship in his second fight. Too much too soon? Or not? Ring TV talks about the fight here:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/318751-orlando-salido-2

Jack

this kid (Lomanchenko) has the goods to compete with just about anyone, I'm wondering if a guy like Salido is ready for him. Orlando will bring the pressure but he will be getting picked apart whenever he rushes forward, either that or Lomanchenko will simply tie him up on the inside. I think it's a great test for the kid but one that he will pass using his superior boxing skills.
BoxingEinstein

Anything can happen in the ring during fight night. I've done endless research on Loma for years and the guy is primed ready as he'll ever be. He's 25 and nearly flawless in his boxing achievements.

On the other hand Salido had it hard from the very beginning. Thrown into the wolves early in his career while suffering losses he wouldn't lose currently.

I like this fight and I admit I do like Salido in this if he can check Loma"s chin. If Loma can stay composed and box near flawless he can win. The question I have the most is Loma's chin.

checkleft
This kid was getting tagged a lot in his first fight against... Not salido. I won't hate but I do have my doubts. Let's not act like Hbo was banking on salido to beat the first professional gay boxer/champion (aka a fucking gold mine)
Cshel86
Maybe Lomanchenko's team sees something that they can expose...but, Arum would have to have his hands in this, for it to even be happening in the first place. I see plenty of up and coming fighters and their teams calling out champions, but rarely does it happen, let alone this fast.

Remember how Haymon signed all of those Olympians back in 2012? Hmm....me thinks that Arum's trying to one-up Haymon and show that his new fighters are championship worthy. Zhou Shiming made $500k in his fight before the one that he fought last weekend. Arum's been parading him around and making money off of the Asian market.

Arum appears to be doing the same with Lomanchenko...at least that's how it appears.
ryustuh
is gary russel still fighting the winner of this one?
mrchitown
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 26 2014, 12:35 AM) *
is gary russel still fighting the winner of this one?

Though I'd like to see it, I doubt the reality of it happening. Russell Jr is the mandatory for a few belts I believe
Jovi
If Gary Russell Runs into Lomachenko then his career will basically be over before it started. Exactly what i fear, he was gonna face nobodies and then the first person who he fights that is known he will have been to comfortable beating nobodies and gets caught off guard, Lomachenko isn't the first step up fight you want to take. Ironic I'm saying this about Lomachenko but he already has a lot to show for with his boxing career.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 26 2014, 10:16 PM) *
If Gary Russell Runs into Lomachenko then his career will basically be over before it started. Exactly what i fear, he was gonna face nobodies and then the first person who he fights that is known he will have been to comfortable beating nobodies and gets caught off guard, Lomachenko isn't the first step up fight you want to take. Ironic I'm saying this about Lomachenko but he already has a lot to show for with his boxing career.

Huh???

I'm not disagreeing with you by any means, but you guys make me wanna switch the DVR on and watch Lomanchenko's fight on the Bradley/JMM undercard. Now that I think about it, Loman had about 5 or 6 pro fights, that aren't truly recognized as pro fights. Weird...
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 26 2014, 09:16 PM) *

I disagree with this 1,000%. Vasyl fights in the WSB who I might add are technically nobodies and looks avg at best. I'm not sold on Lomanchenko beating Gary and he damn sure can't beat Rigo. He's good but as usual, being overhyped

He might beat Salido but fights with Russell Jr and Rigo I don't see him winning at all
klonopinz
you dont kno who he can beat until he gets in there with them guys, do not underestimate this dude, seriously. just because hes a white russian doesnt mean he needs to be labeled as another golovkin, he is not that, he is a very smart technical fighter, as all great amateurs are, and hes a counter puncher as well. i ouldnt make the mistake of throwing him in the ggg/pacquiao bin if i was you, he belongs in the same bin as rigondeaux and russel jr. This guy hasnt even shpwed what he can do yet, not to mention rigondeaux had 11 fights when he fought donaire and everybody overlooked him, as soon as he won that shit now hes p4p on everybody list. people are undersetimating lomachenko like they did rigondeaux.
mrchitown
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 27 2014, 06:38 AM) *
you dont kno who he can beat until he gets in there with them guys, do not underestimate this dude, seriously. just because hes a white russian doesnt mean he needs to be labeled as another golovkin, he is not that, he is a very smart technical fighter, as all great amateurs are, and hes a counter puncher as well. i ouldnt make the mistake of throwing him in the ggg/pacquiao bin if i was you, he belongs in the same bin as rigondeaux and russel jr. This guy hasnt even shpwed what he can do yet, not to mention rigondeaux had 11 fights when he fought donaire and everybody overlooked him, as soon as he won that shit now hes p4p on everybody list. people are undersetimating lomachenko like they did rigondeaux.

Wtf are you talking about? Who's underestimating him because he's white? Where do you come up with this shit you be saying half the time?
AZWildCat
We'll find out Saturday night!
TheCritics
rooting hard for Salido to turn back the clock and do a JuanMa in PR version to Loma... just because the folks at Top Rematchnk think they can have champs in 1-3 pro fights

Zou Shitling is being written up as the next big thing by the ESPN scribes for whatever reason, he doesn't pass the eye test... so hopefully the Japanese fighter they choose for him later this year KOs him as well
Cshel86
So Salido didn't make weight, huh? 2.5 lbs over, huh? No longer the featherweight champ, huh? He better go out there and put on a show, because that not making weight crap, is disturbing, to say the least.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2014, 11:58 PM) *
So Salido didn't make weight, huh? 2.5 lbs over, huh? No longer the featherweight champ, huh? He better go out there and put on a show, because that not making weight crap, is disturbing, to say the least.

I expect after he loses he's going to lightweight and blah blah blah excuses and shit
AZWildCat
How come people ain't go this hard on Mikey lol....suri might of did the shit on purpose ...I'm mean the kid is fighting for a belt in his second fight
AZWildCat
Still taking salido tomorrow night
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 28 2014, 07:20 PM) *
I expect after he loses he's going to lightweight and blah blah blah excuses and shit

Yep, same old BS.
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 28 2014, 08:14 PM) *
How come people ain't go this hard on Mikey lol....suri might of did the shit on purpose ...I'm mean the kid is fighting for a belt in his second fight

Maybe because not many people really cared about the Garcia/Lopez fight. No excuse, but it was honestly a stay busy fight for Mikey, whom failed to make weight. The only surprise there, was that Lopez didn't struggle to make weight. Lol
AZWildCat
All eyes on lomo ...I guess
mgrover
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 1 2014, 01:14 AM) *

Am not cause Mikeys still growing, its kinda just bad timing when you can't make a weight anymore, while Salido has been there a while
BrutUalBK
It appears as though I was wrong about Salido getting a boxing lesson, he (Orlando) had a great gameplan in the worst refereed fight I've ever seen in the history of the sport. Cole is a pitiful Referee; he didn't call any of the low blows on Salido and he had the audacity to warn Lomachenko for holding after he was being blasted way below the belt.

I'd love to see a rematch despite the decision earned by Orlando because Lomachenko was coming on near the end and could've gotten a KO had he started soon with his offense but Salido had a great gameplan which appeared to be to allow the great counterpuncher in Lomachenko to come to him but once he saw that L was reluctant to do so then he was able to impose his "low blow" plan into proper effect.

All in favor of Referee Laurence Cole being banned from officiating another fight please say "I"???
AZWildCat
I
AZWildCat
So many people wrote salido off after the Mikey fight like a few knock downs was the end of his. Career ...Mike just had him that night I'm sure he still want the rematch
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 2 2014, 12:45 PM) *
So many people wrote salido off after the Mikey fight like a few knock downs was the end of his. Career ...Mike just had him that night I'm sure he still want the rematch

I just that no matter what; he won't be able to overcome Mikey's superior boxing skills and overall punching power. You have to admit that the Ref didn't do Loma any favors in that fight though.
AZWildCat
Man both refs last were horrible! But I take nothing away from Mikey his boxing skills are solid and hes got some dangerous hands
pjs
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 3 2014, 03:01 AM) *
It appears as though I was wrong about Salido getting a boxing lesson, he (Orlando) had a great gameplan in the worst refereed fight I've ever seen in the history of the sport. Cole is a pitiful Referee; he didn't call any of the low blows on Salido and he had the audacity to warn Lomachenko for holding after he was being blasted way below the belt.

I'd love to see a rematch despite the decision earned by Orlando because Lomachenko was coming on near the end and could've gotten a KO had he started soon with his offense but Salido had a great gameplan which appeared to be to allow the great counterpuncher in Lomachenko to come to him but once he saw that L was reluctant to do so then he was able to impose his "low blow" plan into proper effect.

All in favor of Referee Laurence Cole being banned from officiating another fight please say "I"???

Bigger story than the low blows was Salido's leading with his head: http://proboxinganalysis.blogspot.com.au/2...y-in-texas.html
checkleft
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 2 2014, 02:45 PM) *

hmm idk about this at all. A LOT of people thought he would beat this kid. He Just kod can't Cruz something nasty. And why are people complaining about low blows and leading with his head he didn't do anything cotto or Danny Garcia hasn't done and we don't hear shit about them, and Hopkins leads with his head all the time..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.