Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FBI says Ali and Liston was fixed
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
My dad saw that fight in the movie theatre and he said Ali hit him so fast and hard try that you had to see the punch in slow motion. I have yet to see a clear version of the fight. What are your thoughts about the FBI's findings? I think they are taking a royal shit on Ali.
Cshel86
Source or STFU

Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 08:00 AM) *
Source or STFU

http://www.boxingscene.com/fbi-suspected-a...on-fixed--75035

it is not like you are going to read it lol.
mrchitown
I'm a black man in America, I don't believe nothing these punks say...The FBI done said a lot that turned out to be not true...they need to tell us why they was tailing 2pac the night he was shot in Vegas and ain't do shit instead of bringing up this bullshit. Fuck the FBI!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 26 2014, 10:37 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/fbi-suspected-a...on-fixed--75035

it is not like you are going to read it lol.

"You know n*ggas don't read" - Kanye West

laugh.gif

I just saw the article on boxingscene (notice I said I "saw" it...didn't read it). Had you been a new member that opened this thread, I would've banned your arse. Lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2014, 10:49 AM) *
I'm a black man in America, I don't believe nothing these punks say...The FBI done said a lot that turned out to be not true...they need to tell us why they was tailing 2pac the night he was shot in Vegas and ain't do shit instead of bringing up this bullshit. Fuck the FBI!

laugh.gif

Uh oh, here we go with the 2Pac stuff! Where's Daprofessor when you need him? Dude hated 2Pac...or at least it appeared that way. Lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 08:21 AM) *
laugh.gif

Uh oh, here we go with the 2Pac stuff! Where's Daprofessor when you need him? Dude hated 2Pac...or at least it appeared that way. Lol

I am a BIG Pac fan, and Da Professor better keep his dislike of Pac to himself cause Cali peeps, rep Pac. The feds killed that man.
wolterb
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 26 2014, 09:30 AM) *
My dad saw that fight in the movie theatre and he said Ali hit him so fast and hard try that you had to see the punch in slow motion. I have yet to see a clear version of the fight. What are your thoughts about the FBI's findings? I think they are taking a royal shit on Ali.

Its a shit article anyway, but it isn't saying Ali was in on the fix. It just says that Liston may have been - which has been a popular thought since the fight happened. I don't think they're shitting on Ali. He beat Liston convincingly the first time anyway.
Jovi
I also SAW this on boxingscene. Also didn't read it.

If a Heavy-weight as fast as Ali punches you dead on the chin perfectly like that, there's a very high chance you're going down. Why they gotta try to shatter a Legend's Legacy.

In the forums, i kept reading about all the mob ties with boxing back then, and that Liston bet money on himself to lose and ended up cashing out.

We do live in a white man's world so it doesn't sound totally far-fetched but real talk Fuck the FBI (Federal Black Investigators).

Tupac was a Great man. Not just a rapper, actor, or activist. But a person who could have really helped had he had more positive people around him. Smart ass dude.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 26 2014, 10:58 AM) *
I also SAW this on boxingscene. Also didn't read it.

If a Heavy-weight as fast as Ali punches you dead on the chin perfectly like that, there's a very high chance you're going down. Why they gotta try to shatter a Legend's Legacy.

In the forums, i kept reading about all the mob ties with boxing back then, and that Liston bet money on himself to lose and ended up cashing out.

We do live in a white man's world so it doesn't sound totally far-fetched but real talk Fuck the FBI (Federal Black Investigators).

Tupac was a Great man. Not just a rapper, actor, or activist. But a person who could have really helped had he had more positive people around him. Smart ass dude.

That spitting some fucking truth Jovi!!! clapping.gif
bnoles4life
Here we go w/ this Tupac iiiiiiish. LOL
mrchitown
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 26 2014, 02:07 PM) *
Here we go w/ this Tupac iiiiiiish. LOL

You can walk out at anytime Bryant Gumbel lmao
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 10:21 AM) *
laugh.gif

If I would've got dissed the way Chino did, so would I lol
sduck
I heard the second fight was fixed. The mob had Liston take a dive.
mrchitown
It's a known fact that the mob had a hand in boxing at one time but to say Liston may have thrown a fight is a bit sketchy at best.

And I say that because the people around him at the time said he was approached to throw numerous fights and refused. So now all of a sudden I'm supposed to believe he did because the Hoover boys have a report where they suspected it. Fuck them, they still pissed at Ali for taking on the government and winning. Liston died from a drug overdose yet it's a known fact he was afraid of needles and didn't mess with drugs

Wife is out of town and comes back home and finds him dead from a heroin in overdose. They probably know what really happened there but instead choose to push this bs. If that fight was fixed it was the worse fix in sports history, Ali was tattooing him with lighting fast shots, I don't believe it nor do I trust the FBI
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2014, 05:02 PM) *
You can walk out at anytime Bryant Gumbel lmao

LMBO!!!!!
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2014, 02:11 PM) *
It's a known fact that the mob had a hand in boxing at one time but to say Liston may have thrown a fight is a bit sketchy at best.

And I say that because the people around him at the time said he was approached to throw numerous fights and refused. So now all of a sudden I'm supposed to believe he did because the Hoover boys have a report where they suspected it. Fuck them, they still pissed at Ali for taking on the government and winning. Liston died from a drug overdose yet it's a known fact he was afraid of needles and didn't mess with drugs

Wife is out of town and comes back home and finds him dead from a heroin in overdose. They probably know what really happened there but instead choose to push this bs. If that fight was fixed it was the worse fix in sports history, Ali was tattooing him with lighting fast shots, I don't believe it nor do I trust the FBI

The mob killed that man.
Jack 1000
The article is even wrong!

It says Liston didn't come out for round eight. No, it was round seven. This basic information does not restore my confidence in the report's validity. No controversy with fight #1. Sonny was being out-boxed about 4-2 at the stoppage. Sonny may have only won won round clearly, the 5th when Ali was backing away claiming Sonny's liniment for his sore shoulder got in his eyes. Amazingly, the judges had it a draw at the stoppage!

The second fight "looked" more suspicious, but in slow motion you can see the controversial shot lands hard on Liston. The commission announced the time of the KO wrong at 1:00 of round one, when it was really 2:12 that the fight was stopped. (Source: Ring.) Sonny got up about the count of 22, "The ref Jersey Joe Walcott lost track of the count trying to get Ali to a neutral corner, a count that never should have started tll Ali went to the corner. The knockdown time keeper telling the ref the fight was over was a violation of the rules of boxing. When Sonny got up at 22 he began to throw punches, but seemingly displayed no anger that the fight was stopped. You had the incompetence of Walcott and Liston's reactions to the punch and non-reations to the stoppage, which I think are suspect. The punch was "not a phantom" punch, it was real, it was there.

Jack
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 10:00 AM) *
Source or STFU

Real tears are on the verge of coming out of my eyes
BrutUalBK
The first fight Ali just totally outclassed and totally frustrated Liston but the 2nd fight was the most terrible acting job I've ever seen on a supposed KO, I believe the fix was in but realistically it wouldn't have mattered because everyone knew from their first fight that Liston didn't stand a chance.

The garbage count, Liston flopping in the ring and refusing to get up-------I can tell you one thing for sure; Liston would've never earned an Oscar Award for his acting skills.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 26 2014, 04:48 PM) *
The mob killed that man.

I believe so too
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2014, 05:03 PM) *
If I would've got dissed the way Chino did, so would I lol

laugh.gif

Didn't Professor say that he rocked those Chino XL braids back in the day??? Dude couldn't have asked for a better reason to be the object of ridicule. Lol

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 26 2014, 07:18 PM) *
Real tears are on the verge of coming out of my eyes

Man! Dolimite pulled a rookie move by opening a thread with the words "FBI", "fixed", and "Ali" in the title, without posting a source...he had to have known better. I didn't even see who started the thread, i just opened it with that, "Oh hell, I wonder who this idiot is" attitude. Lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 06:34 PM) *
laugh.gif

Didn't Professor say that he rocked those Chino XL braids back in the day??? Dude couldn't have asked for a better reason to be the object of ridicule. Lol

Man! Dolimite pulled a rookie move by opening a thread with the words "FBI", "fixed", and "Ali" in the title, without posting a source...he had to have known better. I didn't even see who started the thread, i just opened it with that, "Oh hell, I wonder who this idiot is" attitude. Lol

YOU DON'T READ! LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.