Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much will 40 days of mourning affect GGG?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
I'm not familiar with the customs of Kazakhstan, but does anyone know how restricted GGG will be for 40 days? Does that mean no training at all or just no fights? Can a boxer at that level take off time like that with no practice and come back the same? I remember there were questions about how Floyd would handle his situation and he didn't miss a beat (of course Floyd is an ATG). I think GGG is doing the right thing by adhering to his customs, but I'm curious as to what impact this will have on his career and his hot streak.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Mar 2 2014, 03:09 PM) *
I'm not familiar with the customs of Kazakhstan, but does anyone know how restricted GGG will be for 40 days? Does that mean no training at all or just no fights? Can a boxer at that level take off time like that with no practice and come back the same? I remember there were questions about how Floyd would handle his situation and he didn't miss a beat (of course Floyd is an ATG). I think GGG is doing the right thing by adhering to his customs, but I'm curious as to what impact this will have on his career and his hot streak.

I think whatever time he's going to take off would be appropriate, none of us can say how long a person should or needs to take to recover from such a loss, I lost my dad years ago and it still affects me today when I think about it. I hope he comes back even better than when he left.
mrchitown
Shouldn't have any affect. I'd be more concerned if he actually fought in April. At the appropriate time he will come back and fight. This may actually help him, let's his body rest and take a mental break from boxing
Dolimite
His level of competition isn't blockbuster so taking this time off isn't going to kill him. My condolences to his family. I am glad his dad got to see some of his son's success.
AZWildCat
I doubt he's gonna sit on the couch for 30 days. He just had a fight not to long ago and now that the Lee fight is off expect his return fight to be against Julio in msg or staples center.
ryustuh
tough loss for gennady. i also hear he lost his brothers in the military. the time off could affect who his next opponent is, and it'll be interesting to see if he goes forward with someone like andy lee right off the bat, or if he wants a tune up.
klonopinz
i think hes gonna take chavez on june 12 right out the gate, he wants the big fights, chavez wants it, arum wants it, loeffler wants it, hbo wants it, the fans want it, ward wants the winnner, i want a million dollars, so its gona happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.