Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preview and Poll: Canelo vs Angulo (PPV)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
Who takes it in what should be a good to great fight? Canello vs Angullo. Vote Now and Comment!

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
I voted for Canelo by KO/TKO, although both have questionable stamina, Canelo just has that "Pillsbury Dough Boy" look about about him. He's tough, slightly above average, but durable and determined, Angulo punches harder, but doesn't have a chin, so if Angulo does anything it will probably have to be within the first four rounds. I give Canelo a 60% chance to win and Angulo a 40% chance.

The first four rounds should be great and the fight may be short because of this. After that, its both huffing and puffing should this get into the late rounds. It's just that Canelo has the chin to carry him through. Canelo could fall early in a blitz, but the conventional wisdom is that, once Angulo gasses out after five, Canelo beats him down for a late stoppage. My pick is Canelo Alvarez TKO 10.

Jack
Plah
Common sense says Canelo by close UD, but something tells me Angulo might pull off the upset by TKO (his only way of winning this fight)
Gambit808
I'm going with Canelo via KO/TKO. I don't remember if Lara fractured or broke Angulo's orbital bone in his eye, but I'd say that is still a big question mark for him and may play a role in the result of this fight as much as people questioning Canelo's chin.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 4 2014, 07:02 AM) *
I'm going with Canelo via KO/TKO. I don't remember if Lara fractured or broke Angulo's orbital bone in his eye, but I'd say that is still a big question mark for him and may play a role in the result of this fight as much as people questioning Canelo's chin.

I question Angulo's chin more than Canelo's, and the fuel tanks on both of them.

Jack
Jack 1000
From Fightnights.com, here is the whole card

Alfredo Angulo vs. Saul Alvarez - light middleweight
co-feature Cristian Mijares vs. Leo Santa Cruz - super bantamweight
Omar Figueroa 22 W 0 L 1 D 17 KOs vs. Ricardo Alvarez 23 W 2 L 3 D 14 KOs - lightweight
Carlos Molina 22 W 5 L 2 D 6 KOs vs. Jermall Charlo 17 W 0 L 0 D 13 KOs - light middleweight
Jorge Linares 35 W 3 L 0 D 23 KOs vs. Nihito Arakawa 24 W 3 L 1 D 16 KOS - lightweight

http://fightnights.com/boxing-matches/Alvarez-vs-Angulo/1651
Cshel86
Aren't you all glad that we don't have to see Canelo's boring brother on the big stage? I like Figueroa, but I feel like that Alvarez fight would've been a snoozer. Instead, we get Linares/Arakawa, which could be interesting, even though both guys don't have much pop.

Anyway, my first instinct is telling me that Canelo batter Angulo and stops him in the more than 5 rounds...he's just way too available to be hit. However, I'll go against the grain and say that Angulo jumps on him early and gets him outta there in under 7 rounds. He doesn't have the best stamina in the world, so taking Canelo into the later rounds, would be self-destruction.

Canelo has stamina issues too, but he does a lot better in the later rounds than Angulo does. Reason why is because Angulo allows himself to be hit so much, to the point that his face and body is hardly any good, midway through the fight.

Angulo just doesn't have the stick-to-itiveness to pull shit off in the later rounds, like Maidana, who showed us that he can still shake the tree late in the fight. One thing's for sure, and I we all can agree on this...watching Angulo fight flat-footed the whole time, is gonna be just as nerve-racking as it is to wait for Ishe Smith to throw a punch.

Angulo by TKO in 6
klonopinz
angulo by knockout
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Mar 4 2014, 07:43 AM) *
Common sense says Canelo by close UD, but something tells me Angulo might pull off the upset by TKO (his only way of winning this fight)

So you're the mystery 3rd person that voted Angulo by TKO? Welcome to the winner's circle!

cool.gif
Plah
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 4 2014, 07:11 PM) *
So you're the mystery 3rd person that voted Angulo by TKO? Welcome to the winner's circle!

cool.gif

Actually I was the first one lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Mar 4 2014, 07:45 PM) *
Actually I was the first one lol

Lol!

I think Virgil's gonna make a difference in this fight, and besides Austin Trout...how many true 154 lbers has Canelo fought?
Dolimite
I voted for El Perro. I like Angulo, always have. Gambito put me down for Angulo
BigFightFan
Canelo by TKO/KO, Angulo walks straight in with no head movement and once he's fatigue is very easy to punch through his guard.
Plah
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 4 2014, 09:29 PM) *
Lol!

I think Virgil's gonna make a difference in this fight, and besides Austin Trout...how many true 154 lbers has Canelo fought?

None lol, and he didn't really won that fight. Even Josesito who was grossly overmatched (in terms of weight) in the fight had his moments. Floyd at some point started walking him down. I just don't see Canelo keeping Angulo off of him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 4 2014, 10:09 PM) *
I voted for El Perro. I like Angulo, always have. Gambito put me down for Angulo

laugh.gif

Surely this was a typo, but this nickname just might stick! Sorry Gambit, lol.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 4 2014, 10:09 PM) *

I got u down. Damn, is Canelo really going into this fight the FIGHTHYPE underdog?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Mar 5 2014, 09:38 AM) *
None lol, and he didn't really won that fight. Even Josesito who was grossly overmatched (in terms of weight) in the fight had his moments. Floyd at some point started walking him down. I just don't see Canelo keeping Angulo off of him.

Exactly, none. Both Canelo and Angulo are hittable (if that's even a word), but Angulo takes the most punishment...maybe because Canelo hasn't fought anybody that could hurt him. Most of the guys that he's fought were past it, or they were blown up welterweights.

I'm not trying to bring up old stuff about Canelo's past opponents, but it's the truth. However, performance-wise, he gained a fan in me for the Trout fight. Yes it was close and he gassed midway through the fight, but I believed he edged Trout. Not only did he edge him, he outworked and "out-styled"him.

Angulo can be hit and he invites punches, but that may be his undoing Saturday night. I still have him winning by TKO, because that's the only way he wins this one. Now that I think about it, I believe he can pull off a decision...everybody thought that Maidana's only way of beating Broner was by TKO, but he proved us wrong.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 5 2014, 09:43 AM) *
laugh.gif

Guess I gotta work on an Italian accent around here laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 5 2014, 07:43 AM) *
laugh.gif

You don't read articles and I fuck up people's names lol. A winning combination. I like Gambito, that's his new name.
ryustuh
i voted el perro, but my answer is biased since i'm not too fond of canelo. i've never seen saul visibly hurt or rocked by anyone, which is why it's hard for me to see a KO/TKO but i do think alfredo has the grit and the power to expose red. also like virgil hill as a trainer. i hope angulo's eye holds up...the broken orbitals are known to flare up easily.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 5 2014, 09:58 AM) *
Guess I gotta work on an Italian accent around here laugh.gif

All thanks to Dolimite!

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 5 2014, 11:47 AM) *
You don't read articles and I fuck up people's names lol. A winning combination. I like Gambito, that's his new name.

You're right, I don't read "articles"...I skim for the punchline, which is usually a twisted version of the headline...it all depends on who wrote it. Lol. And yes, you screw up names all the times...at one point, you had me thinking for a split second that Virgil Hill was actually Ward's trainer, lol. I also remember the Guerrero vs Mayweather "Fight Camp 360" thread of yours.

laugh.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 5 2014, 08:49 AM) *
Exactly, none. Both Canelo and Angulo are hittable (if that's even a word), but Angulo takes the most punishment...maybe because Canelo hasn't fought anybody that could hurt him. Most of the guys that he's fought were past it, or they were blown up welterweights.

I'm not trying to bring up old stuff about Canelo's past opponents, but it's the truth. However, performance-wise, he gained a fan in me for the Trout fight. Yes it was close and he gassed midway through the fight, but I believed he edged Trout. Not only did he edge him, he outworked and "out-styled"him.

Angulo can be hit and he invites punches, but that may be his undoing Saturday night. I still have him winning by TKO, because that's the only way he wins this one. Now that I think about it, I believe he can pull off a decision...everybody thought that Maidana's only way of beating Broner was by TKO, but he proved us wrong.

I talked to a boxing historian that had Canelo-Trout wide, like judge Stanley Christodoulou had. Naturally I, like many, disagreed with that lopsided score. He saw Trout" missing with everything he threw." It was like he was "swatting a fly that he couldn't catch." I thought the fight was very, very close, and a draw to a two point edge for either fighter would have been fair. I can't remember, but I think Trout might have gotten it on my card. That was no more than a 7-5 fight on either side.

Jack
AZWildCat
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Mar 5 2014, 12:01 PM) *
i voted el perro, but my answer is biased since i'm not too fond of canelo. i've never seen saul visibly hurt or rocked by anyone, which is why it's hard for me to see a KO/TKO but i do think alfredo has the grit and the power to expose red. also like virgil hill as a trainer. i hope angulo's eye holds up...the broken orbitals are known to flare up easily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vanP8itF8rQ...be_gdata_player

Shizzam!
bnoles4life
ND mascot by TKO/KO...Angulo punches harder, but has a chin that'll make Khan poke fun at him. He can't get out of the way of a punch and that beard of his has TOO many miles on it.
ryustuh
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 5 2014, 04:39 PM) *

lmao whats weird is i remember watching this fight, but dont remember this happening
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 5 2014, 11:58 AM) *
All thanks to Dolimite!

You're right, I don't read "articles"...I skim for the punchline, which is usually a twisted version of the headline...it all depends on who wrote it. Lol. And yes, you screw up names all the times...at one point, you had me thinking for a split second that Virgil Hill was actually Ward's trainer, lol. I also remember the Guerrero vs Mayweather "Fight Camp 360" thread of yours.

laugh.gif

I don't even know who Virgil Hill is! lol. You knew I meant Hunter.
Remember I called Leo Santa Cruz, Leon Santa Cruz? Sad day
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 6 2014, 11:45 AM) *

Blasphemy!!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 6 2014, 11:45 AM) *

Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 6 2014, 11:00 AM) *

The boxer Virgil Hill (yes) the trainer no!
Jack 1000
As days go by, I am leaning more toward Canelo, because Angulo has a chin, like a poster said above, that makes Khan's look good! He could hurt Canelo especially early and get blitzed himself. If Angulo had a better chin, this would be a 50/50 fight in my eyes, not a 60/40 Canelo favor. 60/40 is not bad at all, but Angulo could get tagged, even on a blitz. What's interesting is that Canelo is not a hard puncher, but it doesn't take that hard a puncher to hurt Angulo.

Jack
The Original MrFactor
I think it gets stopped by cuts or somethin like that. I think Canelo get rocked once or twice, but composes himself to return the favor until this classic gets stopped because El Perro gets lumped up.... Many will cry premature stoppage at the end of the day.
AZWildCat
He's had a few before ...just like Molina been robbed a few times .....by the way who is the ref for this angulo fight?
Gambit808
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 7 2014, 10:08 AM) *
He's had a few before ...just like Molina been robbed a few times .....by the way who is the ref for this angulo fight?

Tony Weeks
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 7 2014, 01:22 PM) *
Tony Weeks

Kenny Bayless and he are Nevada's best refs.

Jack
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 7 2014, 03:22 PM) *
Tony Weeks

We should get a fair one then

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 7 2014, 03:35 PM) *
Kenny Bayless and he are Nevada's best refs.

Jack

Yes they are.
Gambit808
http://www.fighthype.com/news/article16312.html

Maaannnn, I'm going out to a theatre to go and see this, fuck it. After reading this article, I'm gonna see what it's like to watch boxing from a movie theatre lol, but if you ask me, they'd probably be better off making this here a non-PPV event at this point. It's just to many last minute changes for my liking to go and spend 60+.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 7 2014, 03:52 PM) *
http://www.fighthype.com/news/article16312.html

Maaannnn, I'm going out to a theatre to go and see this, fuck it. After reading this article, I'm gonna see what it's like to watch boxing from a movie theatre lol, but if you ask me, they'd probably be better off making this here a non-PPV event at this point. It's just to many last minute changes for my liking to go and spend 60+.

+1!

Jack
Jack 1000
Agreed,

Should not be a PPV! Here is movie theater ticket information. At least this way, you could see it for $15-$20. However, this should be on Regular Showtime:

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/canelo-vs-angulo-live

Jack
Gambit808
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 7 2014, 05:08 PM) *
Agreed,

Should not be a PPV! Here is movie theater ticket information. At least this way, you could see it for $15-$20. However, this should be on Regular Showtime:

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/canelo-vs-angulo-live

Jack

Much appreciated
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 7 2014, 06:05 PM) *
+1!

Jack

+ one more
Dolimite
Molina is a sex offender? I guess Adonis Stevenson lied to Molina about the age of the hooker he paid for. damn. I am no longer getting this fight. I was paying to see Charlo fight, oh well
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 5 2014, 09:49 AM) *

cotto hurt him pretty bad, and I believe Floyd stunned him ay least a bit or why else would he have been fighting so cautious.

but I think red pulls this out somehow
Plah
Maaan, I wanted to see the Molina-Charlo fight
Gambit808
TEAM CANELO
Gambit808 (by KO/TKO)
TheCritics (by SD)
Jack 1000 (KO/TKO)
BigFightFan (KO/TKO)
bnoles4life (KO/TKO)
The Original MrFactor (TKO)
mrchitown

TEAM ANGULO
Dolimite
AZWildCat
Cshel86 (by TKO)
klonopinz (by KO)
Plah (by TKO)
ryustuh (by KO/TKO)
mgrover

TEAM SANTA CRUZ
Dolimite
TheCritics (by SD)
AZWildCat
Gambit808 (by UD)
mrchitown

TEAM MIJARES

TEAM ALVEREZ
Gambit808

TEAM THOMPSON

TEAM ARAKAWA
AZWildCat
Gambit808

TEAM LINARES
mrchitown
Since the Molina-Charlo fight is off, I don't see this as worthy of a PPV. They aint gon change it no way but this is a regular Showtime card at this point. Now I have to watch Canelo's brother fight on the card which is terrible

I only hope the main even provides some interesting moments to make me forget about how bad and quickly this card fell apart. I know I'm not paying for it. Probably hit a bar and watch it
Gambit808
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 8 2014, 12:14 PM) *
Since the Molina-Charlo fight is off, I don't see this as worthy of a PPV. They aint gon change it no way but this is a regular Showtime card at this point. Now I have to watch Canelo's brother fight on the card which is terrible

I only hope the main even provides some interesting moments to make me forget about how bad and quickly this card fell apart. I know I'm not paying for it. Probably hit a bar and watch it

To be honest, I didn't even see this as a PPV card to begin with, even with a Canelo on it. The last minute changes pretty much put the icing on it and now I'ma be sitting my ass up in the movie theatre for the 1st time watching a boxing event because that 60+ ain't worth the risk. They might as well throw out KO bonuses like the did for one of there events in the past.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 8 2014, 11:19 AM) *
To be honest, I didn't even see this as a PPV card to begin with, even with a Canelo on it. The last minute changes pretty much put the icing on it and now I'ma be sitting my ass up in the movie theatre for the 1st time watching a boxing event because that 60+ ain't worth the risk. They might as well throw out KO bonuses like the did for one of there events in the past.

Gambito I like Angulo by 11th KO and Leo Santa Cruz by majority decision

I like Alvarez's older brother to win in a UD. that is all
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 8 2014, 05:24 AM) *
TEAM CANELO
Gambit808 (by KO/TKO)
TheCritics (by SD)
Jack 1000 (KO/TKO)
BigFightFan (KO/TKO)
bnoles4life (KO/TKO)
The Original MrFactor (TKO)
mrchitown

TEAM ANGULO
Dolimite
AZWildCat
Cshel86 (by TKO)
klonopinz (by KO)
Plah (by TKO)
ryustuh (by KO/TKO)
mgrover

TEAM SANTA CRUZ
Dolimite
TheCritics (by SD)
AZWildCat
Gambit808 (by UD)
mrchitown

TEAM MIJARES

TEAM ALVEREZ
Gambit808

TEAM THOMPSON

TEAM ARAKAWA
AZWildCat
Gambit808

TEAM LINARES

This is so cool! Thanks Gambit!!! I am putting up the round-by-round thread now!

Jack

Administrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.