Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Possible Al Haymon and Schaefer Promotion Company and the power of Al Haymon
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Dolimite
Al Haymon is the dude to sign to. Everyone and their mother is signing with Al Haymon. His boxers than UPS (that was funny). Boxers who have criticized Haymon ended up signing with him. What is the allure of Kaiser Souze aka Al Hayman, I have no idea, but whatever it is boxers are loving what he is selling. If Haymon started his own promotional company with the help of Richard Schaefer how will that change the landscape of boxing? He has so many top fighters that it would not be a problem making fights that fans actually want to see. I asked Ben Thompson what he thought about Haymon's influence and he alluded to Haymon and Schaefer might be trying to start their own promotional company together. If this happens, where does that leave GB? It is clear Oscar can not handle the responsibilities of GB on his own.

Haymon is a powerful man, how did he come to such esteem, I have no idea, and if anyone knows please share. Haymon is looking like the new era in boxing when it comes to promotions and they way a fighter is treated by management. What does Haymon offer his fighters that make fighters flock to him?
Cshel86
Source or STFU

Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 11 2014, 11:26 AM) *
Source or STFU

Dude you didn't read did you? I heard Louisiana public school bad but damn! I cited Ben Thompson when I asked him about a possible Haymon starting his own company. Plus I never said anything was factual, I am posing a question.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 11 2014, 02:36 PM) *
Dude you didn't read did you? I heard Louisiana public school bad but damn! I cited Ben Thompson when I asked him about a possible Haymon starting his own company. Plus I never said anything was factual, I am posing a question.

I read that Ben "alluded to it", but there was nothing concrete there. FYI, Louisiana public schools have GA beat by a country mile. I was doing long division and multiplication in the 3rd grade when I moved here, juuuust to see that these kids were still doing basic addition and subtraction. True story

The question that you posed was good...where does that leave GB? I have another question that may be water under the bring, or still existing...what's going with GBP's debt problems...is that still going on?
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 11 2014, 11:55 AM) *
I read that Ben "alluded to it", but there was nothing concrete there. FYI, Louisiana public schools have GA beat by a country mile. I was doing long division and multiplication in the 3rd grade when I moved here, juuuust to see that these kids were still doing basic addition and subtraction. True story

The question that you posed was good...where does that leave GB? I have another question that may be water under the bring, or still existing...what's going with GBP's debt problems...is that still going on?

You just like messing with me. I get it, I like you too.

GB is in debt? Do tell.....
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 11 2014, 01:55 PM) *

Debt problems?
mrchitown
Idk if Haymonn will start his own promotional company, it's almost like he already has that now since his stable is so deep. But I know whatever he touches turns to gold. People talk bad about him but they go work with him, fighters leave him and then they disappear. The man is good at what he does
TheCritics
I haven't read one bad sentence about him from a fighter... just novice fans spewing the usual envious rhetoric
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 11 2014, 11:34 AM) *
Al Haymon is the dude to sign to. Everyone and their mother is signing with Al Haymon. His boxers than UPS (that was funny). Boxers who have criticized Haymon ended up signing with him. What is the allure of Kaiser Souze aka Al Hayman, I have no idea, but whatever it is boxers are loving what he is selling. If Haymon started his own promotional company with the help of Richard Schaefer how will that change the landscape of boxing? He has so many top fighters that it would not be a problem making fights that fans actually want to see. I asked Ben Thompson what he thought about Haymon's influence and he alluded to Haymon and Schaefer might be trying to start their own promotional company together. If this happens, where does that leave GB? It is clear Oscar can not handle the responsibilities of GB on his own.

Haymon is a powerful man, how did he come to such esteem, I have no idea, and if anyone knows please share. Haymon is looking like the new era in boxing when it comes to promotions and they way a fighter is treated by management. What does Haymon offer his fighters that make fighters flock to him?

Oscar would simply find another top negotiator out there to handle his business for him, and let's not forget that maybe in a year or so that BHop will more than likely be fully retired and can occupy that same role that Schaefer had easily. Boxers will trust BHop because they know that he is a fighter and they know about his history with promoters who have stiffed him and how he ended up beating Don King at his own game. I don't think Schaefer is some type of magician, he can't even sit down and get Bob Arum to agree to the fight between Floyd and Manny.

I think Haymon is a better negotiator than Richard when it comes to getting fighters to sign a contract but Schaefer may be better at negotiating deals with the vendors and hotel owners as well as dealing with the big networks (Showtime/HBO). Oscar/GBP will be fine without RS but I think with all 3 of them (Haymon, Oscar and Schaefer) working together that they won't be beat by the likes of Arum/Top Rape.
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 12 2014, 06:59 AM) *
Oscar would simply find another top negotiator out there to handle his business for him, and let's not forget that maybe in a year or so that BHop will more than likely be fully retired and can occupy that same role that Schaefer had easily. Boxers will trust BHop because they know that he is a fighter and they know about his history with promoters who have stiffed him and how he ended up beating Don King at his own game. I don't think Schaefer is some type of magician, he can't even sit down and get Bob Arum to agree to the fight between Floyd and Manny.

I think Haymon is a better negotiator than Richard when it comes to getting fighters to sign a contract but Schaefer may be better at negotiating deals with the vendors and hotel owners as well as dealing with the big networks (Showtime/HBO). Oscar/GBP will be fine without RS but I think with all 3 of them (Haymon, Oscar and Schaefer) working together that they won't be beat by the likes of Arum/Top Rape.

They are already are,
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 11 2014, 06:36 PM) *
Idk if Haymonn will start his own promotional company, it's almost like he already has that now since his stable is so deep. But I know whatever he touches turns to gold. People talk bad about him but they go work with him, fighters leave him and then they disappear. The man is good at what he does

I was about to put an APB on you. I thought you and Da Professor ran away together. You going to Vegas?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 11 2014, 04:18 PM) *
You just like messing with me. I get it, I like you too.

GB is in debt? Do tell.....

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 11 2014, 09:32 PM) *
Debt problems?

Yeah, gotta dig up this old thread about it...it was somewhat swept under the rug though.
Dolimite
Haymon just signed both Peterson brothers and Amir Khan! This dude is getting it! Haymon is going to have his own promotional company pretty soon. Geez! I want to sign with Haymon.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 12 2014, 09:10 AM) *
They are already are,

Yes I knew it already but the topic is assuming they split from Oscar, so I was addressing them staying together and not being beaten by Arum/Top Rape. For the record I don't think GBP was ever in debt, Oscar is too business savvy to allow his promotional company to go down especially with Arum always on the prowl looking to exploit any failure on their (GBP) part.

If Richard Schaefer and Haymon was really smart they'd break away from Oscar and do their own thing, I'm sure they'd put more into their own accounts without DLH in their way.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 12 2014, 12:01 PM) *
Yeah, gotta dig up this old thread about it...it was somewhat swept under the rug though.

Wow, I never even knew. I thought they was banking
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 12 2014, 09:11 AM) *
I was about to put an APB on you. I thought you and Da Professor ran away together. You going to Vegas?

Professor is seriously mia...i'm probably going. my daughter's mom is giving me crap so I'm gon have to straighter here out first. My girl wants to go so it's highly likely that I do
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 14 2014, 10:10 AM) *
Professor is seriously mia...i'm probably going. my daughter's mom is giving me crap so I'm gon have to straighter here out first. My girl wants to go so it's highly likely that I do

Chi, how do you deal with two women? That takes skill and mad patience. I couldn't do it.
Hotsauce
haymon probably has a football team by now
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 14 2014, 12:45 PM) *
Chi, how do you deal with two women? That takes skill and mad patience. I couldn't do it.

Simple, when my ex wants drama I don't feed into it. If you don't give into the bs then they fall back. It's like a baby crying when you pick them up they gon keep doing it but if you let them cry sooner or later they stop. I had a custody hearing today and she just lied on me,just lie after lie and that system don't wanna hear the men. Long story short I lost, but instead of going at her, I'm just gon let karma deal with it

As far as my girl she might and day from my ex, next month will he 10yrs and I don't have the issues I had with my ex with her
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 14 2014, 05:15 PM) *

Probably more then that. Pretty soon dude gon have a huge percentage of the fighters with him
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 14 2014, 04:22 PM) *
Simple, when my ex wants drama I don't feed into it. If you don't give into the bs then they fall back. It's like a baby crying when you pick them up they gon keep doing it but if you let them cry sooner or later they stop. I had a custody hearing today and she just lied on me,just lie after lie and that system don't wanna hear the men. Long story short I lost, but instead of going at her, I'm just gon let karma deal with it

As far as my girl she might and day from my ex, next month will he 10yrs and I don't have the issues I had with my ex with her

Props to you for even trying. I would hurt my lady if she ever tried keeping my son from me. Women have way too much clout when it comes to the courts. Just cause they are mothers don't mean they are what is best for the child.

10 years! Congrats and put a ring on it lol.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 12 2014, 02:01 PM) *

Read that the coffers were low, to the point, Oscar was thinking of coming out of retirement. Apparently, Oscar was spending cheese.......However, that was awhile ago.
The Original MrFactor
Should Goldenboy even be called Goldenboy anymore. Haven seen or heard from chubby DLH in months and Haymon just pretty much has some kind of deal with all of those guys.
Dolimite
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 16 2014, 06:27 AM) *
Should Goldenboy even be called Goldenboy anymore. Haven seen or heard from chubby DLH in months and Haymon just pretty much has some kind of deal with all of those guys.

He was at the Canelo fight last week looking jumpy and uncomfortable. Interestingly enough, Schaefer and Oscar never sit together anymore. It is actually strange. But Oscar has his demons that he is dealing with so, hey. i guess Richard should just realize he is GB.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 14 2014, 10:57 AM) *
Haymon just signed both Peterson brothers and Amir Khan! This dude is getting it! Haymon is going to have his own promotional company pretty soon. Geez! I want to sign with Haymon.

I need to sign with him too...let me fight a couple of bums so I can pay off these student loans and line my savings account.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 14 2014, 02:09 PM) *
Wow, I never even knew. I thought they was banking

Nah man, they had some bumps and bruises...I'm pretty sure they've reached some type of surplus at this point.

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 14 2014, 07:15 PM) *

I'd rule out the football team and go with soccer...sounds like money to me.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 15 2014, 09:47 PM) *
Read that the coffers were low, to the point, Oscar was thinking of coming out of retirement. Apparently, Oscar was spending cheese.......However, that was awhile ago.

You'd have to question what took him so long to announce his retirement. He retired in April 2009, 4 months after the Pacquiao fight. Usually guys call it quits at least a week after a loss, if not on the night of.

I was also wondering how long Manny was still paying them after he went to TR, surely it didn't end as soon as he went to TR, like they want us to believe. Oscar paid out a few settlements, one of which Im still curious about...him paying off the 15 year-old girl.

As mentioned, Oscar's been involved in some lawsuits that called for lawyers, some court hearings & fees, outside settlements, along with his bad cocaine and weed habit, that Pac defamation case, and I've heard some stories of him being a big spender himself.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 16 2014, 10:06 AM) *
You'd have to question what took him so long to announce his retirement. He retired in April 2009, 4 months after the Pacquiao fight. Usually guys call it quits at least a week after a loss, if not on the night of.

I was also wondering how long Manny was still paying them after he went to TR, surely it didn't end as soon as he went to TR, like they want us to believe. Oscar paid out a few settlements, one of which Im still curious about...him paying off the 15 year-old girl.

As mentioned, Oscar's been involved in some lawsuits that called for lawyers, some court hearings & fees, outside settlements, along with his bad cocaine and weed habit, that Pac defamation case, and I've heard some stories of him being a big spender himself.

Please don't tell me that Oscar is the R Kelly of boxing! how sick.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 17 2014, 08:57 PM) *
Please don't tell me that Oscar is the R Kelly of boxing! how sick.

Maaaaan, Oscar has had numerous settlements outside of court...wouldn't you wanna settle a case involving a 15 year-old girl, outside of court and have it swept under the rug? Lol

Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 17 2014, 05:50 PM) *
Maaaaan, Oscar has had numerous settlements outside of court...wouldn't you wanna settle a case involving a 15 year-old girl, outside of court and have it swept under the rug? Lol

15? Yuck. What can a 15 year old chic do for me? That too young. Oscar is losing points man. Geez. Golden Boy huh? Golden Pedophile
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 17 2014, 11:10 PM) *
15? Yuck. What can a 15 year old chic do for me? That too young. Oscar is losing points man. Geez. Golden Boy huh? Golden Pedophile

Man I cant cal it, and truthfully, I wont judge Oscar...dude is really a bad dude inside, but a people-pleaser on the exterior. Anybody that has numerous AND embarrassing "settlements" outside of the courtroom, has much to hide, and cares waaay too much about being judged about his demons. Hope he really gets help though....
mgrover
Step one, sign everybody,
Step two, absorb Golden Boy,
Step three, with the biggest stars in your stable HBO and showtime will be begging you for fights since they don't really have a choice,
Step 4 ???
Step 5. PROFIT $$$$

So guys who wants to invest lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 21 2014, 03:28 AM) *
Step one, sign everybody,
Step two, absorb Golden Boy,
Step three, with the biggest stars in your stable HBO and showtime will be begging you for fights since they don't really have a choice,
Step 4 ???
Step 5. PROFIT $$$$

So guys who wants to invest lol

You sneaky Asian! You work for Al don't you! I knew it!
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 20 2014, 08:43 PM) *
Man I cant cal it, and truthfully, I wont judge Oscar...dude is really a bad dude inside, but a people-pleaser on the exterior. Anybody that has numerous AND embarrassing "settlements" outside of the courtroom, has much to hide, and cares waaay too much about being judged about his demons. Hope he really gets help though....

Is Oscar still married? I don't see him with his wife that often or their son. Oscar is the Darren Sharper of boxing. Sad... Speaking of Darren Sharper, this dude will never see the light of day. Ever.
mrchitown
The rumors about Oscar and Scahefer and GB are endless right now. I wanna hear what De La Hoya has to say about all this
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 21 2014, 11:18 AM) *
The rumors about Oscar and Scahefer and GB are endless right now. I wanna hear what De La Hoya has to say about all this

Oscar De La Hoya, telling the truth. HA! "Hey guys, everything is great, thanks." that is what you will get.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 21 2014, 02:53 PM) *
Oscar De La Hoya, telling the truth. HA! "Hey guys, everything is great, thanks." that is what you will get.

Idk, he's had his moments where he is open and honest and since he's been out of rehab that's when the trouble started.

Rumor is he wants more control of GB and he wants to start working with TR and HBO again. But Schaefer doesn't agree and Cshel alluded to the money problems they had but now the investors are upset about not seeing a return on their money and I think that may be why we see the investigation going on. Somebody in Angulo's team said they didn't even speak in the locker room and didn't even look at each other
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 21 2014, 03:23 PM) *
Idk, he's had his moments where he is open and honest and since he's been out of rehab that's when the trouble started.

Rumor is he wants more control of GB and he wants to start working with TR and HBO again. But Schaefer doesn't agree and Cshel alluded to the money problems they had but now the investors are upset about not seeing a return on their money and I think that may be why we see the investigation going on. Somebody in Angulo's team said they didn't even speak in the locker room and didn't even look at each other

Inside information! I like. At the Canelo fight they didn't sit together and they usually do. Investigation? for what? It is not a bad idea to work with TR and HBO. But investors aren't about to hand over GB to a clucker.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 21 2014, 04:51 PM) *
You sneaky Asian! You work for Al don't you! I knew it!

easy werkk
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 21 2014, 12:52 PM) *
Is Oscar still married? I don't see him with his wife that often or their son. Oscar is the Darren Sharper of boxing. Sad... Speaking of Darren Sharper, this dude will never see the light of day. Ever.

I believe he is, but I haven't heard much about his marriage either...not that really need to be worried about it. That Sharper creep has my pity, as far as his pending prison sentence.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 21 2014, 07:23 PM) *

Where there's smoke, there's fire my friend...where there's smoke, there's fire. Those money issues were kept under the wraps, but again, where there's smoke, there's fire. I'm wondering how in the world they were able to pay the like of Erik Morales $1M for the first Garcia fight, though he was champ, that was a stretch of a payday.

On top of that, those PPVs that weren't selling that much, those Haymon fighters who were getting paid crazy money, and HBO's complaints probably had a lot to do with it...because I'm sure somebody's pockets were coming up short. "Giving the fans the fights they wanna see" and "making sure the fighters get paid", sometimes leads to somebody getting shorted. I kinda see why Bob pinches pennies when he pays his fighters.

Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2014, 05:09 PM) *
I believe he is, but I haven't heard much about his marriage either...not that really need to be worried about it. That Sharper creep has my pity, as far as his pending prison sentence.

Where there's smoke, there's fire my friend...where there's smoke, there's fire. Those money issues were kept under the wraps, but again, where there's smoke, there's fire. I'm wondering how in the world they were able to pay the like of Erik Morales $1M for the first Garcia fight, though he was champ, that was a stretch of a payday.

On top of that, those PPVs that weren't selling that much, those Haymon fighters who were getting paid crazy money, and HBO's complaints probably had a lot to do with it...because I'm sure somebody's pockets were coming up short. "Giving the fans the fights they wanna see" and "making sure the fighters get paid", sometimes leads to somebody getting shorted. I kinda see why Bob pinches pennies when he pays his fighters.

Sharper is going to be in protective custody if not he will be anally raped. Dude is too well kept if you know what I mean.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2014, 08:09 PM) *

It's a whole lot of fire and when the truth comes out it might start blazing....I've always wondered the same thing. since they've been over at Showtime the matchups have gotten better and I think they put on the best fights but someone's taking a loss. Be it GB or Showtime or the investors who are said to be pissed because they're not seeing a return on their money

We're seeing stacked cards that wow us in amazement but we haven't seen the purses of those fights, with the exception of the main events. I'd put my money on the investors being short changed.

mrchitown
http://www.maxboxing.com/news/sub-lead/a-golden-rift

Here's a story I found on GB and their rumored troubles

This vid was also very telling when he said you'll have t ask the CEO of GB....

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz-032214-Oscar.htm
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 23 2014, 07:46 PM) *
http://www.maxboxing.com/news/sub-lead/a-golden-rift

Here's a story I found on GB and their rumored troubles

This vid was also very telling when he said you'll have t ask the CEO of GB....

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz-032214-Oscar.htm

So Floyd got rid of Ms. Jackson? Oh well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.