Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN@6PM(PT)/8PM(ET) Stiverne-Arreola II-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
Note that this is NOT ESPN 2 or ESPN 3, but plan old regular ESPN. It is good to see boxing back on REGULAR ESPN. Boxing needs some competition from the smaller networks and this is a good start.

Only critique I have is that while Arreola-Stievrne I was a good fight, I don't think it was two-sided enough for a rematch, let alone a world championship. In a terribly weak division, this fight realistically puts the winner into contendership, but not a world champion.

Credit-Fightnews: http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/espn-buys-...-rematch-238891

Jack
ryustuh
great to see a potentially exciting rematch getting solid publicity. i think this fight could draw in some casual fans, but nothing that will leave a lasting impression.
DigitalBoom
Boxing should have made it's return to regular tv long ago..you've got Lightweights fighting for a hundred grand on showtime/HBO...can't tell me a network can't come up with 600k per event regularly considering they paid vince mcmahon hundreds of millions for wrestling. There are tons of boxers who don't make much but put on great fights.
mrchitown
That's pretty cool. Nice little shakeup to the industry a bit. Maybe we will see more stuff like this in the future
AZWildCat
Their division needs all the exposure they can get
Dolimite
Tits get another shot, it will be the same outcome.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 13 2014, 12:48 PM) *
Tits get another shot, it will be the same outcome.

I think so too. "Nipples" usually makes for exciting fights, but he's just too limited to get above that C grade level against top guys. It shows. Do you think "Nipples" is going to get in shape for this? Or will it be "Tacos and Burritos time" for his training regiment?

I will be pulling for "Nipples" to win, but I think the result will be the same as last time, or close to that.

Jack
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 13 2014, 11:52 AM) *
I think so too. "Nipples" usually makes for exciting fights, but he's just too limited to get above that C grade level against top guys. It shows. Do you think "Nipples" is going to get in shape for this? Or will it be "Tacos and Burritos time" for his training regiment?

I will be pulling for "Nipples" to win, but I think the result will be the same as last time, or close to that.

Jack

Tits does not do well under bright lights or the big stages. Little venues he does great but when the heat is full on he tends to look great for the first three rounds and he then he folds. he is the Zab of the heavyweight division.
Gambit808
Wouldn't Arreola be the first Mexican-American World Champion if he wins, or has that already been done before? If not, then that's added motivation for him right there to come in tip top shape and I don't mean coming in "round" lol.
Cshel86
Stiverne gave him that work in the first fight...that body work made for an ugly situation...not to mention Chris's busted nose. Kinda glad that ESPN got this rematch, but as Jack mentioned, it's not like the first fight was a close one, but I'll enjoy watching Arreola get handled again. Poor Ramirez...his fighters just take beatings after beatings. no2.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 18 2014, 09:01 AM) *
Stiverne gave him that work in the first fight...that body work made for an ugly situation...not to mention Chris's busted nose. Kinda glad that ESPN got this rematch, but as Jack mentioned, it's not like the first fight was a close one, but I'll enjoy watching Arreola get handled again. Poor Ramirez...his fighters just take beatings after beatings. no2.gif

Cshel is not a "Nipples" fan! hahahaha! I am because if he wins, it would be kind of like a Rocky story. Kind of cool. He won't hold the title very long to work at unification, or even a first WBC defense I'm afraid.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 18 2014, 02:05 PM) *
Cshel is not a "Nipples" fan! hahahaha! I am because if he wins, it would be kind of like a Rocky story. Kind of cool. He won't hold the title very long to work at unification, or even a first WBC defense I'm afraid.

Jack

Don't get me wrong Jack, I like Arreola, but his misadventures with staying in shape and stepping up when he's on the big stage, just gives many fans a reason (or two), to not take him seriously.

I just enjoyed watching him get handled by Stiverne, because they clearly looked past him. I'm not even sure if he truly wants another shots at Klitschko bros, but at least try to be the #3 beast in HW division, being that he's been on the big stage and has the talent to make some exciting fights.

Is this fight actually for the WBO belt, or is it some form of the title? The article says that it's for the vacant title, but I thought the Klitz bros had all of the full titles? Did one of them have to relinquish it?
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 18 2014, 01:43 PM) *
Don't get me wrong Jack, I like Arreola, but his misadventures with staying in shape and stepping up when he's on the big stage, just gives many fans a reason (or two), to not take him seriously.

I just enjoyed watching him get handled by Stiverne, because they clearly looked past him. I'm not even sure if he truly wants another shots at Klitschko bros, but at least try to be the #3 beast in HW division, being that he's been on the big stage and has the talent to make some exciting fights.

Is this fight actually for the WBO belt, or is it some form of the title? The article says that it's for the vacant title, but I thought the Klitz bros had all of the full titles? Did one of them have to relinquish it?

It's the WBC belt vacated by Vitali. Wald has the WBA/IBF/WBO (I think that's right.)

Jack
AZWildCat
Titties...nipples. ..tortas ... what ever his current name may be for the moment looked to be in fairly decent shape on #FNF last night.
Jack 1000
Don't forget it is this Saturday on ESPN. GO NIPPLES!!!!! (I really want Chris to win!)

Jack
checkleft
Good pickup by ESPN. Good action for a cable network
BoxingEinstein

Good fight and I hope Chris gets stopped. I would like to see someone with a new face to get a shot and I think B Ware will be the guy. I don't see Arreola doing much different unless his conditioning improved ten folds. Anything can happen on any given Saturday fight night.

Stiverne TKO by a limb here.
Cshel86

Maaaan!!! When I say Stiverne WENT IN! Dude gave it to Chris!

laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
Wow, I'm actually looking forward to a HW fight.
Jack 1000
The Weigh in: (Credit Fightnews)

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/stiverne-2...eola-239-245327

Credit: Fightnews Fight gets nuclear!:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/stiverne-a...-nuclear-245314

A FREE World Heavyweight Championship fight on REGULAR ESPN! This is excellent for boxing!

Jack

Jack 1000
This some more coveragae (Credit: ESPN)

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases...aturday-may-10/

Jack
Dolimite
Gambito, I got Stiverne in a UD. This is a pick him fight.
klonopinz
im taking stiverne as well.

edit: make it stiverne by tko cuts
Cshel86
Stiverne seemed real pissed off and emotional in the final presser, though it was entertaining as hell. Lol

However, if he allows that to control him, then fatso will capitalize off of that aggression. Anyway, I think Stiverne beats him badly, in route to a wide decision. I wouldn't doubt if Chris comes out there guns blazing.

Stiverne by wide decision. The only thing I dont like about this being on ESPN, is the commercial breaks. I'm sure it's not much that the network can do about it, other than try their best to limit them.
KSUN247
Stiverne by TKO.
Jack 1000
Pre-fight stats: (Credit:Fightnews)

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/stiverne-a...ht-notes-245462

My pick is Stiverne by convincing UD 117-11 (twice) and 116-112, similar to the fist fight. I don't know what Arreola can change to make things different. I still will be pulling for 'Nipples" to win! Hahaha, "Pulling for Nipples to win!"

COME ON NIPPLES!!!!!

Jack
The Original MrFactor
I got Arreaola by stoppage.
Cshel86
They have Amir Imam in here with a Cuban with a crazy amateur background...let's see how this goes.

Round 1 is on
Cshel86
Imam wont the 1st round, but got caught in the closing seconds a right hand that wobbled him...this should be interesting...
Cshel86
This high guard and jab from Ugas is giving Imam a run for his money....making him think to much.

2nd round still in progress...
Cshel86
Imam is still controlling the fight, but the movement from Ugas is making him uncertain of whether or not to commit to his shots.

2nd round to Imam
Cshel86
Ugas landed a few big hooks at the end of the 3rd, but he's letting Imam outwork him...a somewhat confused Imam.
Cshel86
Imam is 4 rounds up
Cshel86
Haven't found a round to give Ugas. 8th and final round in play...
Cshel86
79-73 (two judges)
78-74

Imam by decision
BigFightFan
Let's see if Chris can live up to his potential finally.
AZWildCat
Made it on time........ titties looks focused!
mrchitown
Arreola got the Man of steel cut
Dolimite
Does anyone else not like the Watson twins?
AZWildCat
Nightmare round 1
mrchitown
Damn that got ugly for Arreola real quick
KSUN247
Stiverne landed some good shots to close round 1. Nice so far.
Cshel86
Stiverne owned Arreola's ass in the 1st...gotta give Chris credit for trying to mount an offense, but he worked against himself.

LMAO at Stiverne pointing to Chris to go to his corner with 3 seconds left on the clock!

laugh.gif
AZWildCat
Dolimite stop hating lol
AZWildCat
Some good action early

Nightmare round 2
Cshel86
Nice shots by Arreola at the beginning of the 2nd, but Stiverne is giving it back!

The 2nd could go either way, but Arreola could've taken it...coul've being the operative word here...
KSUN247
Arreola came back in round 2. I got it even 1-1.
klonopinz
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 10 2014, 09:21 PM) *
Does anyone else not like the Watson twins?

they are the luckiest little punks in the world. they got access to all our fav fighters, see all the fights up close, and make millions doing it just becuz they were lucky enough to be born into it. its not that idislike them, becuiz i dont even know them personally, but i just envy their lives, its not like they earned it you know? they just were born into it and i dont respect that. they aint nothing but lil daddys boyz. without daddy they wud be even more useless than they already are. im just glad they arent in the media giving interviews and making us have to deal with them as far as PR and shit.
Dolimite
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ May 10 2014, 05:23 PM) *
Dolimite stop hating lol

I should be at this fight. What is with the Watson twins? They rep world star hip hop website.

Stiverne better watch out for that uppercut and stop talking so much!
klonopinz
arreola aint hurting stiverne at allllll. hes just taking it like nothing. hes gonna let arreola punch himself out, then he gonna go to the body and break arreola down and knock him out or UD him
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.