Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roach believes killer instinct is key
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
I think Roach may be over-calculating Manny's chances or underestimating Bradley's overall abilities or doubting his resolve because he believes that Manny needs to exhibit killer instinct and that this is the supposed key for him to beat Tim. Freddie even made a comment to the effect that "Manny took it easy on him so much so that he just laid back the last 6 rounds" or words to that effect.

I don't buy it, I think if MP comes in aggressive that he is going to play right into Bradley's hands, some things that Roach stated makes me believe that Manny may be on his "SPECIAL MILKSHAKES" again but we will find out.

What are your thoughts??
Gambit808
I'd say despite the result of the 1st fight, Manny's aggression worked well for him against Bradley. Perhaps Bradley's aggression could work against him this time and get him caught if he's not careful. I think anytime I see TB get hit good with a shot, or a fighters out pacing him, he has to respond back ten fold and with a guy like Pacquiao who can do both, and is a decent counter puncher himself, it could be more Dangerous for Bradley.

...But all in all, this is only that pre-fight hype talk/mind games that I'm use to with Roach, to sorta throw off the opponents thinking coming into the figh I'd say.
Dolimite
The biggest problem with Roach is he thinks Bradley is the same fighter that fought Manny two years ago. Bradley has sharpened his skill. Let's not forget that he can take punishment. he went toe to toe with Ruslan and survived. It only took him ONE time to beat Marquez. Bradley is a smart fighter, Roach needs to realize that being an aggressive fighter with killer instinct is not always the golden plan. How did that aggressiveness work with Marquez? Roach even said that Manny hit Bradley so hard that it broke his ankles. Interestingly enough, Manny could not lay out Rios who defends all punches with his face. I think Roach needs to shut up. He is going to get his fighters killed with all this tough talk. The reason why Freddie has Parkinson's is because he took way too many blows to the head. He might want to steer in the way of extreme caution.
Cshel86
...and how long have we been waiting to see Manny's killer instinct resurface???
mrchitown
Bradley's gotten better but he still can't punch a hole in a paper bag. If Manny fights aggressive he will win easy. When he stepped in the gas Tim had no answer, and he won't have one this time because he can't keep him off of him
AZWildCat
Bradley baiting em tone reckless ..... all in his favor ....Manny ain't ko'ing shhhiiidddd!
mgrover
If a lotta people think Manny won the first fight, when he just fought a minute of every round, whats it going to be when its every minute of every round. People can say what they want about Bradley improving and blah blah blah, people forget that even against a significantly slow Marquez albeit he won, he was still being tagged.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 21 2014, 03:09 PM) *
If a lotta people think Manny won the first fight, when he just fought a minute of every round, whats it going to be when its every minute of every round. People can say what they want about Bradley improving and blah blah blah, people forget that even against a significantly slow Marquez albeit he won, he was still being tagged.

Open himself up for counters while looking for a knock out
Dolimite
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 21 2014, 11:44 AM) *
Bradley baiting em tone reckless ..... all in his favor ....Manny ain't ko'ing shhhiiidddd!

Your boys better not sleep in this tournament, upset city, Duke went out.
ryustuh
i think pac's bad habits have caught up to him and he cant rely on his relentless speed or "killer instinct" to make up for them anymore. he's so deep in his career that trying to fix any of his technical mistakes is just about hopeless. i rewatched his sparring sess with karim mayfield, and he kept getting tagged with karim's counter right. what's interesting is that karim baited manny to the ropes just like marquez did when he got the monster KO.

the fact that bradley is studying manny's every move combined with joel diaz's solid gameplans doesnt bode well for pac imo.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 21 2014, 03:52 PM) *
Your boys better not sleep in this tournament, upset city, Duke went out.

I heard keeping track of the comp now ok St n gonzaga look ripe for the picking ...made a thread for this in general discussion too bad the moderator sleeps on the job lol.
mgrover
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 21 2014, 08:14 PM) *
Open himself up for counters while looking for a knock out

I think the knockout affected him in a good and bad way, he's clearly isn't looking for the KO, I hope he just lets it come, at the same time, looking for the KO is what MP did so we'll see.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 21 2014, 06:38 PM) *
I think the knockout affected him in a good and bad way, he's clearly isn't looking for the KO, I hope he just lets it come, at the same time, looking for the KO is what MP did so we'll see.

The way Roach and Manny talking they are gonna look for the ko and its gonna fucc them over he needs to just box and stick to that ...if he fights all 3 minutes of all 12 rounds aggressively ........he's gonna get caught ..Bradley might have pillows but those ain't no as seen on TV medicated cotton pillows ...them those keep you up all night pillows "uncomfortable " like. Knocked out few but wobbled and dropped many!
Plah
They think they're going to face the same Bradley with the broken ankle or the Bradley that fought Provo. Pac's getting outboxed in this one, sorry.
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 21 2014, 05:46 PM) *
I heard keeping track of the comp now ok St n gonzaga look ripe for the picking ...made a thread for this in general discussion too bad the moderator sleeps on the job lol.

Sorry about that man, the general discussion forum is wide open, but guys don't visit it as much. I gotta bump some old threads over and liven it up...or I can leave that to you guys...I don't mind participating, but as you see, if nobody posts within a few days, the threads disappear...I gotta try to get that changed.

laugh.gif

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=30275

AZWildCat
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 22 2014, 09:13 AM) *
Sorry about that man, the general discussion forum is wide open, but guys don't visit it as much. I gotta bump some old threads over and liven it up...or I can leave that to you guys...I don't mind participating, but as you see, if nobody posts within a few days, the threads disappear...I gotta try to get that changed.

laugh.gif

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=30275

Bout the only one that needed bumping or re-vamping as the one night only thread friends.gif
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 21 2014, 02:09 PM) *

That has no bearing on this fight because the same can be said for Manny, he was getting tagged by Marquez all night in every fight they ever had despite JMM being older, slower and Manny supposedly being faster and definitely younger; plus that slow and even older JMM put Pacquiao to sleep in devastating fashion.

Tim has improved and Manny hasn't had a KO or stoppage since the Cotto bout, he hit Rios with everything but the kitchen sink and couldn't even knock him down, let alone, out.

Bradley has improved his game technically much more than people can see because they continue to reflecting back to the Provodnikov fight when they failed to realize that for about 85% or more of that fight when Tim wasn't mixing up/brawling with Ruslan and trying to prove his manhood that he was easily outboxing him, just as he easily outboxed the far craftier JMM then he will surely do the same to Manny especially now that he has better ankles.
Jovi
Ehhh i still got PAC with the win. After the Rios fight, Pacquiao looks like he's actually ready to box instead of just fight. If Bradley still got those pillow knuckles then I don't see it going to good this fight. If Pacquiao still has that "killer instinct" and looks for the KO by boxing then i think he has a better chance. You know bradley is just gonna stick and move so work on that counter hook and being able to throw the looping shots (like the first Marquez KD) around the guard and he should break em down. Bradley is more Athletic than skillful, though he does have the skills, he shines because he's in such great shape he can run around and stay up all fight.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 23 2014, 01:34 PM) *
Ehhh i still got PAC with the win. After the Rios fight, Pacquiao looks like he's actually ready to box instead of just fight. If Bradley still got those pillow knuckles then I don't see it going to good this fight. If Pacquiao still has that "killer instinct" and looks for the KO by boxing then i think he has a better chance. You know bradley is just gonna stick and move so work on that counter hook and being able to throw the looping shots (like the first Marquez KD) around the guard and he should break em down. Bradley is more Athletic than skillful, though he does have the skills, he shines because he's in such great shape he can run around and stay up all fight.

Pac had no choice but to move vs Rios, he doesn't have the KI people claims he has; he didn't go toe to toe with Margo or Rios because he knew he had little chance of knocking either of them out but I don't doubt that he'd try to go toe to toe with Bradley because he knows Tim isn't a big puncher-it's very smart of him to make Bradley fight going backwards.

As long as he keeps Tim going backwards it will look more like Manny is winning regardless of whether he is actually landing or not (which is what happened in the first fight).
AZWildCat
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 23 2014, 03:48 PM) *
Pac had no choice but to move vs Rios, he doesn't have the KI people claims he has; he didn't go toe to toe with Margo or Rios because he knew he had little chance of knocking either of them out but I don't doubt that he'd try to go toe to toe with Bradley because he knows Tim isn't a big puncher-it's very smart of him to make Bradley fight going backwards.

As long as he keeps Tim going backwards it will look more like Manny is winning regardless of whether he is actually landing or not (which is what happened in the first fight).

+1
Franchize
Maybe I'm blind but I just don't see the big difference in today' Manny and the old Manny. I just think people became hip to what he's doing AND he's fighting bigger fighters now.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 23 2014, 04:56 PM) *
Maybe I'm blind but I just don't see the big difference in today' Manny and the old Manny. I just think people became hip to what he's doing AND he's fighting bigger fighters now.

He used to brawl more ...went for the kill. Now he looks happy coasting the last Marquez fight I gotta give it to him he was on it but it cost him.. m just saying he should stay boxing for his own sake ..but do you manny
Jovi
Lol i hope people aren't displeased with what Pacquiao did to Margarito, granted Margarito should've been banned and shouldnt even had been in that ring but what Pac did to him still proved something, he's a badass.

This is the same Margarito that destroyed Sergio Martinez, stood Toe to toe with Paul williams, and Made cotto his bitch, all before that shane mosely match.

We're talking about little ass Pacquiao vsing the big bad Margarito, reminds me of bully tryna pick on the quiet kid in class without knowing he's a black belt.

NOT fighting Toe to Toe with Margarito is always a good idea lol, that dude got a chin
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 27 2014, 01:30 PM) *
Lol i hope people aren't displeased with what Pacquiao did to Margarito, granted Margarito should've been banned and shouldnt even had been in that ring but what Pac did to him still proved something, he's a badass.

This is the same Margarito that destroyed Sergio Martinez, stood Toe to toe with Paul williams, and Made cotto his bitch, all before that shane mosely match.

We're talking about little ass Pacquiao vsing the big bad Margarito, reminds me of bully tryna pick on the quiet kid in class without knowing he's a black belt.

NOT fighting Toe to Toe with Margarito is always a good idea lol, that dude got a chin

.......superior cardio and a come forward pressure style with cast on your hands will do alot of good fighters in...just saying.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 27 2014, 01:30 PM) *

It's easy to beat a guy to death, when he has to suck down an extra 4 lbs. He was 3 lbs north of a weight that he couldn't make anymore (147), and 4 lbs south of what weight he was actually supposed to fight at (154). I wont say that Manny's speed didn't have anything to do with it either.
ryustuh
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 23 2014, 05:56 PM) *

from a technical standpoint, i think he's the same exact fighter he was in the past. but to me, he's taken a step back in terms of his speed and relentlessness, which he relied on in his early career to compensate for his mistakes. reflexes also...since they're one of the first things to go in an aging fighter.
Dolimite
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Mar 27 2014, 01:37 PM) *
from a technical standpoint, i think he's the same exact fighter he was in the past. but to me, he's taken a step back in terms of his speed and relentlessness, which he relied on in his early career to compensate for his mistakes. reflexes also...since they're one of the first things to go in an aging fighter.

He is shop warn, all those wars caught up with him. Maybe he was on the juice and his intensity declined, I have no idea. I know against Rios he was gun shy and I could tell he didn't have his sea legs and confidence back. I wish his trainer would STFU about knocking people out and Bradley being so easy blah blah blah. That type of talk will get your fighter hurt. I honestly this Bradley is going to be too much for him.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 27 2014, 12:50 PM) *
.......superior cardio and a come forward pressure style with cast on your hands will do alot of good fighters in...just saying.

Exactly!!! And let's not act as if Margarito wasn't one of the easiest boxers to hit cleanly and often as someone as fast at MP was it wasn't a surprise that he'd nearly double the amount of shots anyone has landed.

I think people are ASS-uming that MP actually boxes because of his performance vs Rios, the reason Manny fought that way was based on the fact that he knew he could not stand toe to toe with Brandon and he basically had a smaller version of Margarito in front of him with a guy that is just as easy to hit, slow and uses his face for his defense.

As far as punching power, then let's just say that Pacquiao has always been vastly overrated on his. Sure he stopped a shopworn Hatton who was basically running into his shots face forward but since then he hasn't done anything special and has never shown the true one hitter quitter power that a fighter with real punching power possesses against someone who has a great beard.

It's safe to say that I'm rooting for Bradley because contrary to nearly everyone else I thought Tim did win that fight and as long as he doesn't get into the exchanges with MP and keeps the crowd of it then he can win it comfortably.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 27 2014, 07:33 PM) *
Exactly!!! And let's not act as if Margarito wasn't one of the easiest boxers to hit cleanly and often as someone as fast at MP was it wasn't a surprise that he'd nearly double the amount of shots anyone has landed.

I think people are ASS-uming that MP actually boxes because of his performance vs Rios, the reason Manny fought that way was based on the fact that he knew he could not stand toe to toe with Brandon and he basically had a smaller version of Margarito in front of him with a guy that is just as easy to hit, slow and uses his face for his defense.

As far as punching power, then let's just say that Pacquiao has always been vastly overrated on his. Sure he stopped a shopworn Hatton who was basically running into his shots face forward but since then he hasn't done anything special and has never shown the true one hitter quitter power that a fighter with real punching power possesses against someone who has a great beard.

It's safe to say that I'm rooting for Bradley because contrary to nearly everyone else I thought Tim did win that fight and as long as he doesn't get into the exchanges with MP and keeps the crowd of it then he can win it comfortably.

ill give pacman his props for power he put away some bad asses on his way up but power aint the end all to a solid boxer....his speed has been the bigger factor to me punches in bunches at angles
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.