Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's it looking like for Mr. P4P #2?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Man I hope this ain't gonna be another 1 fight a year we're lookin at here with Andre Ward. Anybody know what's the update on an opponent or something? Is he really gonna sit on the sidelines until we have a result on the Froch-Groves 2 battle, or what? Or Maybe since Virgil Hunter's stable has broadened recently is seen as a reason I haven't seen any headlines of Mr. P4P #2. S.O.G.? We might need to Flashback to that "milk carton" segment FH use to have on here and put AW up there cause ya boy M.I.A. to me at the moment. What's the word?

AZWildCat
Nobody wants the job I guess...people throw themselves at money but not s.o.g. or chacal.

I hope goosen figures something out for him soon.
Col Reb
I don't understand why he's trying to get out of his contract with Goossen. Anybody have any scoop on this?
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Mar 21 2014, 10:55 PM) *
I don't understand why he's trying to get out of his contract with Goossen. Anybody have any scoop on this?

He feels they're not getting him the fights or money he should be getting for a fighter of his caliber.(to my minimal knowledge none of this started till his small war of words with Floyd)
Plah
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Mar 21 2014, 10:55 PM) *

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY? sorry If I used all caps but...that questions answers itself
mgrover
I think he wanted to be at the negotiations for his fights, but Goosen was like nahh
Marcus
As mentioned before, either no one wants the Job, his leagal issues with Goosen are interfering with his boxing career, or its a combination of both. Surprised Ward wasn't one of the fighters that signed with Haymon, he needs Haymon because right now it doesn't seem like he can get any fights. At least he could fight James Degeale. If he was wise he would fight a TMT fighter at 168 like Badou Jack or Love. Wouldnt do much for his resume but Floyd would at least give him some press through promotion. The cold war is a bitch...

He needs to do something to keep him self relevant like having webisodes or something.

TR and K2 totally shitted on him by trying to hype Golovkin Chavez.

At least if Jordan released a series of Andre Ward boxing shoes. That would help keep him relevant too.
KOpower
He needs to be active. He obviously isn't getting the big fights he wants, but if he stays active on HBO, something will come to him. There are plenty of options for him in the future but he just needs to stay busy. He needs to fight the best opponents he can on HBO and let Lampley and Max drool over him 3x a year. There are some really good fights at 175...Stevenson and Kov come to mind. JCCJR is at 168 now and GGG will be a full-time 168 pound fighter at some point. Just stay active in the short-term and something big will come.
MAHDI
WARD DOES NOTHING and it seems he gets a pass----AS FAR as I am concerned, THE SON OF GOD is as much a MYTH AS THE "JESUS" STORY that was concocted by the Romans... Ward is a mystery
AZWildCat
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Mar 22 2014, 12:04 PM) *
WARD DOES NOTHING and it seems he gets a pass----AS FAR as I am concerned, THE SON OF GOD is as much a MYTH AS THE "JESUS" STORY that was concocted by the Romans... Ward is a mystery

I wouldn't say a pass but more or less an understanding of the situation .....he's fought damn near everyone 68 has to offer and trying to get big money fights before he leaves the division(I.e.:Chavez jr-ggg winner & froch -groves winner)
AZWildCat
Regardless I doubt hes hesitate to fight any of the 75ers I mean honestly whose been screaming for him to move up besides a few critics and fans (& ggg fans laugh.gif) I don't recall anyone at 75 yelling out hey Ward bring your punk ass on up so I can whoop that azz!

If I'm mistaken please update and correct me!
mrchitown
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Mar 22 2014, 11:04 AM) *

Save that religious hatred. It's not honorable at all and I can list bullshit about any and all religions. People believe what they want to believe, let em live...I remember me and you talked about that Malcolm book, people believe Elijah Muhammud was a prophet lol. Like I said I can call bullshit on many religious factions. However you come to God is your way, as long as you go to him
mrchitown
Easy, nobody wants to take that loss, Ward is the man and we will be the man when Mayweather retires. Sooner or later they're going to have face him. They're just delaying the inevitable. His name gets mentioned then he responds and they backpedal. And it's not just Gennady it's boxers from 160 and up. They'll mention his name and he'll respond and they act like they were misquoted lol. Promoter issues or not the fact is you can't make them fight. They know and sensible people know the truth, they don't want it with SOG
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 22 2014, 01:38 PM) *
Easy, nobody wants to take that loss, Ward is the man and we will be the man when Mayweather retires. Sooner or later they're going to have face him. They're just delaying the inevitable. His name gets mentioned then he responds and they backpedal. And it's not just Gennady it's boxers from 160 and up. They'll mention his name and he'll respond and they act like they were misquoted lol. Promoter issues or not the fact is you can't make them fight. They know and sensible people know the truth, they don't want it with SOG

Name association has gone rampant these days
TheCritics
I like Ward but derailing your career in order to sit in on HBO negotiations is quite moronic... stay busy at 168, continue calling out GGG and JCCr until you can offer your services to another promoter/network

easy fix
MAHDI
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 22 2014, 02:33 PM) *
Save that religious hatred. It's not honorable at all and I can list bullshit about any and all religions. People believe what they want to believe, let em live...I remember me and you talked about that Malcolm book, people believe Elijah Muhammud was a prophet lol. Like I said I can call bullshit on many religious factions. However you come to God is your way, as long as you go to him

fact is not hatred.. Pardon me If I offended you.. I was actually trying to be WITTY ABOUT THE SO CALLED SON OF GOD, BUT HEY ...
http://originalpeople.org/bible-scholars-p...ng-jesus-story/
Franchize
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Mar 22 2014, 10:40 PM) *
fact is not hatred.. Pardon me If I offended you.. I was actually trying to be WITTY ABOUT THE SO CALLED SON OF GOD, BUT HEY ...

But what is a "myth" about Andre Ward? He's taken on all challenges when he's presented with one. He mowed through that super 6 tournament. He took on Chad Dawson and abused him. Him and his resume' seem quite real to me.
MAHDI
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 22 2014, 01:32 PM) *
Regardless I doubt hes hesitate to fight any of the 75ers I mean honestly whose been screaming for him to move up besides a few critics and fans (& ggg fans laugh.gif) I don't recall anyone at 75 yelling out hey Ward bring your punk ass on up so I can whoop that azz!

If I'm mistaken please update and correct me!

Only because there is no money in fighting Ward who is relatively unknown. I am sure if he was putting in work regularly and was known the 175 guys would be calling him out and UP WARD is a great talent, HIS WIN OVER DAWSON was great but It would like to how that bout looks again at 175... I am not sold on his resume, or his son of GOD moniker... HE IS LIGHT YEARS AWAY FROM HEADLINING a PPV EVENT... It would be interesting if Dawson gets on track at 175 and the SON of God gets the guts to move up--- it would be great for his first fight at 175 to be a Dawson rematch... I am just thinking about how Ward is going to rise from mediocrity. I think a move to 175 trumps wasting time on guys like GGG or Chavez JR. I hear it said that Ward is a small 168 etc... please. Floyd is not a natural welter and he has gone up past 147. Now WARD who is said to be small going up to beat a bruiser like ADONIS Stevenson or Kovalev... that is some SON OF gOD work right there...
Dolimite
Andre not being active is hurting him to no doubt, however even if he were available no one will be willing to take him on. He does everything right. Unless Ward moves up to Light Heavyweight I don't see anyone wanting any of him at SMW. I think he has done everything he could do at 168. GGG wants none and Chavez Jr. wants none. So what is a man to do? he unlike a lot of fighters who have belts and accolades, cleared out his division. So we shall see what happens. he has to get out his contract with Goosen and he honestly needs to leave J PRINCE! I think if he signed with Haymon, it would force HBO to do business with Showtime and GB, no way do they want to lose Andre Ward.
Marcus
Lets just keep our fingers crossed that Grooves beats Froch because we alll know Froch isn't fighting Ward again as much as he likes to talk. With Grooves on the other hand, i think that fight will get easily made.

As far as moving up to 175 is concerned, i think Wards first fight should be against Pascal or Shumenov. Definitely not soft touches or heavy hitters, but they are two noteworthy fighters.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Mar 23 2014, 09:55 AM) *
Only because there is no money in fighting Ward who is relatively unknown. I am sure if he was putting in work regularly and was known the 175 guys would be calling him out and UP WARD is a great talent, HIS WIN OVER DAWSON was great but It would like to how that bout looks again at 175... I am not sold on his resume, or his son of GOD moniker... HE IS LIGHT YEARS AWAY FROM HEADLINING a PPV EVENT... It would be interesting if Dawson gets on track at 175 and the SON of God gets the guts to move up--- it would be great for his first fight at 175 to be a Dawson rematch... I am just thinking about how Ward is going to rise from mediocrity. I think a move to 175 trumps wasting time on guys like GGG or Chavez JR. I hear it said that Ward is a small 168 etc... please. Floyd is not a natural welter and he has gone up past 147. Now WARD who is said to be small going up to beat a bruiser like ADONIS Stevenson or Kovalev... that is some SON OF gOD work right there...

No money yeah ill agree wit that but relatively unknown???? TOO WHO!!!! he might not be the most popular fighter but "they know his name" p4p #2 #1 ranked @ 68! No active fighter in the game don't know his name! Casual fans have nothing to hate on so they don't sing his name he don't make music videos he's not flashy married hell every thing about Ward is " BLACK EXCELLENCE " and he's been left in the dark because of it. If he started acting a sambo maybe he'd get more exposure but ehh ehh not gone happen too much class too much "BLACK EXCELLENCE ". As far as Dawson is concerned lets go on twitter and ask him if he wants a Ward rematch at 175 but I bet you don't get a straight answer! (Has anyone seen Chad since losing to Adonis?) Adonis and Sergey are in the near future believe that! His accomplishments in his career thus far trump anyone elsewhere PERIOD he don't even have 30 fights under his belt and record is faaarrrrrrrrr from padded. I could care less if he was son of Judah ....Enoch.... Allah.....Jah..... Zeus.... Odin...... Quetzalcoatl.... Osiris or Lucifer! When the boys in the ring he fights and he wins without question regardless of his chosen moniker!

"Black Excellence" :credit : Mr.Chitown (before I get caught stealing)
Gambit808
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 23 2014, 12:28 PM) *
No money yeah ill agree wit that but relatively unknown???? TOO WHO!!!! he might not be the most popular fighter but "they know his name" p4p #2 #1 ranked @ 68! No active fighter in the game don't know his name! Casual fans have nothing to hate on so they don't sing his name he don't make music videos he's not flashy married hell every thing about Ward is " BLACK EXCELLENCE " and he's been left in the dark because of it. If he started acting a sambo maybe he'd get more exposure but ehh ehh not gone happen too much class too much "BLACK EXCELLENCE ". As far as Dawson is concerned lets go on twitter and ask him if he wants a Ward rematch at 175 but I bet you don't get a straight answer! (Has anyone seen Chad since losing to Adonis?) Adonis and Sergey are in the near future believe that! His accomplishments in his career thus far trump anyone elsewhere PERIOD he don't even have 30 fights under his belt and record is faaarrrrrrrrr from padded. I could care less if he was son of Judah ....Enoch.... Allah.....Jah..... Zeus.... Odin...... Quetzalcoatl.... Osiris or Lucifer! When the boys in the ring he fights and he wins without question regardless of his chosen moniker!

Honestly, why backtrack and go after Dawson when there's really nothing from the first fight (not even the weight) to even warrant a rematch? Dawson need to worry about putting himself back on the winning side.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 23 2014, 12:40 PM) *
Honestly, why backtrack and go after Dawson when there's really nothing from the first fight (not even the weight) to even warrant a rematch? Dawson need to worry about putting himself back on the winning side.

Exactly!!!
klonopinz
considering ward just got passed over by chavez jr, its not looking too good for him. his legal troubles, and the fact that he is so good, but is not a draw makes for a three pronged duck excuse. all a fighter has to do to duck ward is say one of the three and there you go, they have an out. just like floyd did with manny although that was a little different because floyd earned that right to say fuck you if he wants to. ward is gonna be begging for one of these guys because i dont see anybody going after him. froch has better fights on the table with chavez jr and groves, maybe some guys at 175 too. golden boy seems to be wrangling in 3 of the 4 champions in bhop, shumenov, and now adonis. i think adonis contract ith hbo may be up soon and hes thinking ahead at superfights over at golden boy. chavez has ggg and the sergio rematch. it really sucks for ward tho. i think if he doesnt go to 175, he may not have a fight. the only thing he might be able to do is to get a wbo title vs abraham in germany, but i could see bob arum getting jesse hart that fight instead.
Cshel86
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Mar 23 2014, 01:51 PM) *
considering ward just got passed over by chavez jr, its not looking too good for him. his legal troubles, and the fact that he is so good, but is not a draw makes for a three pronged duck excuse. all a fighter has to do to duck ward is say one of the three and there you go, they have an out. just like floyd did with manny although that was a little different because floyd earned that right to say fuck you if he wants to. ward is gonna be begging for one of these guys because i dont see anybody going after him. froch has better fights on the table with chavez jr and groves, maybe some guys at 175 too. golden boy seems to be wrangling in 3 of the 4 champions in bhop, shumenov, and now adonis. i think adonis contract ith hbo may be up soon and hes thinking ahead at superfights over at golden boy. chavez has ggg and the sergio rematch. it really sucks for ward tho. i think if he doesnt go to 175, he may not have a fight. the only thing he might be able to do is to get a wbo title vs abraham in germany, but i could see bob arum getting jesse hart that fight instead.

Please show me a source where it says that Adonis is under contract with HBO...and I'll be glad to show that he's not...nor is Kovalev. And I agree...Ward is just in a bad spot overall...not the worst spot, but a bad one nonetheless.
mrchitown
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Mar 22 2014, 09:40 PM) *

Facts my ass lol...your a good poster and I enjoy your opinions but ain't nothing myth about Ward. Nothing. And how your not sold on his resume is laughable. Not too many in and around his weight class that's got the names and has been in tough dint after tough fight like he has. It's funny how people praise everyone but Andre and those boxers ain't fought nobody. Whose Gennady fought, only real fight Julio fought was Sergio and he got dusted, let's say he moves to 175, what they resume look like? It's bullshit
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 23 2014, 11:28 AM) *

"Black Excellence" :credit : Mr.Chitown (before I get caught stealing)

Not too many from 160 and up have his resume. I'll say Froch has a great resume and Hopkins but who else outside of them? And what do Bernard, Carl, and Andre have in common? Their willing to take on any and all comers. Can't say the same for a few others though
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2014, 01:19 PM) *
Please show me a source where it says that Adonis is under contract with HBO...and I'll be glad to show that he's not...nor is Kovalev. And I agree...Ward is just in a bad spot overall...not the worst spot, but a bad one nonetheless.

Right, HBO stopped doing exclusive contracts when they let GB walk
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 23 2014, 06:28 PM) *
Not too many from 160 and up have his resume. I'll say Froch has a great resume and Hopkins but who else outside of them? And what do Bernard, Carl, and Andre have in common? Their willing to take on any and all comers. Can't say the same for a few others though

That's what I'm saying very few have solid pedigrees ..even Tim's shit is under rated he ready for em all
Hotsauce
His prime is being wasted
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 23 2014, 06:52 PM) *
That's what I'm saying very few have solid pedigrees ..even Tim's shit is under rated he ready for em all

Very true, we as fans demand that the best fight tough fights and the best competition out there but we have boxers who do those things and we berate them in favor of guys who don't have the resume of a Ward or a Hopkins and of a Tim Bradley
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 23 2014, 10:58 PM) *
Very true, we as fans demand that the best fight tough fights and the best competition out there but we have boxers who do those things and we berate them in favor of guys who don't have the resume of a Ward or a Hopkins and of a Tim Bradley

Its sickening.... but comes along with the game I guess
Hotsauce
Right now, ward is a high risk, low reward fight.

That's why these dudes ain't fighting him
MAHDI
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 23 2014, 09:58 PM) *
His prime is being wasted

BIG TIME!!! when will he headline a PPV event of his own???
karmine20
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Mar 22 2014, 12:04 PM) *

Now that is just to disrespectful. Ward is the man.
AZWildCat

Credit:
fighthubtv
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.