Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ALVARADO vs MARQUEZ
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
I'm taking Marquez via KO stoppage somewhere around 10. How do you see this ending??
AZWildCat
Same way Marquez late ko... Mike likes to brawl too much when he's actually a decent boxer. He could of beat ruslan if he just boxed... but like the 2nd Rios fight he couldn't resist the bait. Rus just had more pop.
wolterb
Marquez should put him away in the late rounds but I thought he showed his age in the Bradley fight. It also could be that Bradley just looked stellar against him, I don't know. I'm thinking Marquez by UD.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (wolterb @ Mar 24 2014, 11:13 AM) *
Marquez should put him away in the late rounds but I thought he showed his age in the Bradley fight. It also could be that Bradley just looked stellar against him, I don't know. I'm thinking Marquez by UD.

No Bradley is just that much more faster than JMM, if you go back and look at the Mayweather vs JMM fight you'll see that Floyd made him look even slower than Tim did.
wolterb
^that is fair but I think Marquez is more comfortable at welterweight now than he was in 2009. His timing just didn't look right to me in the Bradley fight or even the fourth pacquiao fight, ironically. But you are right. I'm not trying to take anything from Bradley. Bradley also shut down Marquez' offense like Mayweather did.
KSUN247
I'll take Alvarado with a bounce back win via SD. He'll box with Marquez and will resist getting in a brawl. He doesn't want to get KO'ed again. Marquez has had a HOF career, but I think it's time for him to hang it up. If he wants to continue after this loss, go have a farewell fight in front of his fans in Mexico.
Cshel86
...still scratching my head and wondering why this fight is even happening.

By the way, Marquez aint knocking nobody out...it will go to the cards. I believe this one is happening at 143 lbs as well.

They need to test Marquez...

"That mother***** is on the A-side meth, that's what the f*** he's on," "It's called the A-side meth. He on that or he on something else. The A-side meth is what they used to have 500 years ago. Remember when the Philippines were fighting the US soldiers? They were shooting them motherf****s with 45s. And 45s were bouncing off their motherf****ng a$$. They weren't even dying!"
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2014, 12:43 PM) *

By the way, Marquez aint knocking nobody out...it will go to the cards. I believe this one is happening at 143 lbs as well.

"That mother***** is on the A-side meth, that's what the f*** he's on," "It's called the A-side meth. He on that or he on something else. The A-side meth is what they used to have 500 years ago. Remember when the Philippines were fighting the US soldiers? They were shooting them motherf****s with 45s. And 45s were bouncing off their motherf****ng a$$. They weren't even dying!"

Tell that to Manny Pacquiao when you wake him up!! Alvarado makes the mistake of fighting too much and not boxing which will be his mistake, JMM can take Alvo's punches but I'm not sure he can take Marquez's.
ryustuh
if (and it's a big if) mike stays more disciplined in sticking to the game plan, he can pull off the W against juan. i think alvarado has enough pop in his punches and grit to give marquez a tough time, but then again, juan could just go out there and out-vet him by staying patient and pulling him into deep waters. right now, i give it to mike by decision...def dont see juan stopping this one early.
TheCritics
rooting for JMM here, need to clear the air of these fringe contenders (Alvarado, Rios, Provo) Caveman boxing 101
mgrover
dunno, Marquez by some sort of UD? But the thing is if he doesn't up his work rate he could be outworked. At the same time his new "knockout" power isn't exactly what people have been hyping up since the Pac fight.
Plah
JMM all day in this one
mrchitown
I say Marquez takes it, I'd side with Alvarado but he can't stay focused on a game plan for a full 12rds
Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 24 2014, 02:15 PM) *
Tell that to Manny Pacquiao when you wake him up!! Alvarado makes the mistake of fighting too much and not boxing which will be his mistake, JMM can take Alvo's punches but I'm not sure he can take Marquez's.

Lol! Manny ran into that punch, or was set up for it...maybe a little bit of both.

Alvarado gets hurt when he tries to "box", so I cant really even say that he's making a mistake by trying to fight too much. Well, you're probably right...it's like he can't contain himself long enough...he just HAS TO engage and exchange...I bet he secretly hates to box, lol.

I honestly think that one of those Alvarado uppercuts can floor JMM, maybe not stop him, but put him on the deck nonetheless. How big is the height difference in this one?
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2014, 08:06 PM) *
Lol! Manny ran into that punch, or was set up for it...maybe a little bit of both.

Alvarado gets hurt when he tries to "box", so I cant really even say that he's making a mistake by trying to fight too much. Well, you're probably right...it's like he can't contain himself long enough...he just HAS TO engage and exchange...I bet he secretly hates to box, lol.

I honestly think that one of those Alvarado uppercuts can floor JMM, maybe not stop him, but put him on the deck nonetheless. How big is the height difference in this one?

Sizewise it would be my guess that Alvo is obviously taller, longer reach but I think he drains himself severely to get to 147 and I think with his long body that he'll be tailormade for JMM's punches to the body and his power. Let's not forget that Rios who is slower than JMM was able to hit Alvarado at will (at least in the first fight) but it isn't exactly like Mike is some defensive wizard or something.

If MA attacks he plays right into JMM's hands, if he does nothing then he allows himself to be taken to the ropes and beat in the body the entire fight, either way he cannot outbox JMM in the center of the ring or on the ropes.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 24 2014, 02:40 PM) *
dunno, Marquez by some sort of UD? But the thing is if he doesn't up his work rate he could be outworked. At the same time his new "knockout" power isn't exactly what people have been hyping up since the Pac fight.

Manny wasn't his first knockout ....won't be his last and to be truthful ....he might not get the ko/too. But I guarantee a few kds on both sides ...depends if Marquez slows down some or Mike being shop worn.
Dolimite
This is going to sound cold, but I rather watch Pooty Tang than to watch this fight. Alvarado ain't going to outbox Juan. The winner of this fight is gets Rios or the winner of Pac and Bradley.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 24 2014, 09:13 PM) *
This is going to sound cold, but I rather watch Pooty Tang than to watch this fight. Alvarado ain't going to outbox Juan. The winner of this fight is gets Rios or the winner of Pac and Bradley.

Come on dawg, you a real boxing fan so I know you'll be watching no matter what you say here.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 24 2014, 10:13 PM) *

mgrover
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 25 2014, 01:53 AM) *
Manny wasn't his first knockout ....won't be his last and to be truthful ....he might not get the ko/too. But I guarantee a few kds on both sides ...depends if Marquez slows down some or Mike being shop worn.

I mean this high a weight
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 24 2014, 07:50 PM) *
Come on dawg, you a real boxing fan so I know you'll be watching no matter what you say here.

Of course I am going to watch it, if I watched Pac vs. Mosley this should be easy.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 25 2014, 11:38 AM) *
Of course I am going to watch it, if I watched Pac vs. Mosley this should be easy.

Lord knows that wasn't easy! Lol

The crazy thing is, I enjoyed Pac/Mosley more than Mosley/Mora. That Mosley/Mora fight almost ruined the whole year of 2010 for boxing. Lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 25 2014, 07:58 AM) *
Lord knows that wasn't easy! Lol

The crazy thing is, I enjoyed Pac/Mosley more than Mosley/Mora. That Mosley/Mora fight almost ruined the whole year of 2010 for boxing. Lol

There was a point in that fight I honestly thought the were about to kiss each other, I was like "what the hell am I watching?" Mosley Mora it took me a full week to get through that fight! Painful.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 25 2014, 11:24 AM) *
I mean this high a weight

True ...this will let us know

The more I watch that ruslan Mike fight I feel Mike can take this or have it blow up I. His face!...its Mike's fight to lose for me at this point. Marquez ain't Rios or rr but he don't press or hit like them either ...Mike will have room to breath
AZWildCat
Plus mikes a big boy for 47 compared to Marquez ...who rocked Rios and rd a few times in those fights
TheCritics
knocking Rios around isn't the point, Abril did that... my thing is one of them must be on the offensive and I'm thinking it will be Alvarado, and with that I'm taking JMM
klonopinz
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2014, 01:43 PM) *

that was the 38, not the 45. that war is the reason they came out with the 1911 45 acp
Jack 1000
I say 60% close, but UD for Marquez 40% Alverado IF Marquez is completely shot. I could make this closer to 50/50 if Mike takes a page from the Bradley/Floyd book and boxes. IF Mike was 100% he could win by boxing, but he won't box smart, Marquez takes it around 116-112 on all three cards.

If Marquez loses to Alverado on that 40%, Juan is done, and Arum and the Pom-Pom Cheerleader commentary at HBO, can kiss Marquez-Pacquiao V, goodbye. Judges may favor Marquez in close rounds for this reason.

Jack
AZWildCat
QUOTE (TheCritics @ Mar 25 2014, 01:19 PM) *
knocking Rios around isn't the point, Abril did that... my thing is one of them must be on the offensive and I'm thinking it will be Alvarado, and with that I'm taking JMM

That wasn't my point my point was that he had the power to hurt Marquez
AZWildCat

Russian rocky not a TR fighter? (Jump to gbp stupid!)

I can understand trying to stay in the 47 mix for the belt
mgrover
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 25 2014, 05:09 PM) *
True ...this will let us know

The more I watch that ruslan Mike fight I feel Mike can take this or have it blow up I. His face!...its Mike's fight to lose for me at this point. Marquez ain't Rios or rr but he don't press or hit like them either ...Mike will have room to breath

Tbh in the Bradley fight, Marquez's punches were sounding heavy.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 27 2014, 02:51 PM) *

Maybe he is on steroids lol! Bradley has improved, it is hard to bet against him. Watching the faceoff, Pac just looked dumbfounded. Bradley has no fear. My question, if he wins where does he go from there? A rematch with Marquez? Rios? Mikey Garcia? What happens? I wonder if he can get Bob to let him fight other fighters from other promotional companies.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 27 2014, 06:40 PM) *
Maybe he is on steroids lol! Bradley has improved, it is hard to bet against him. Watching the faceoff, Pac just looked dumbfounded. Bradley has no fear. My question, if he wins where does he go from there? A rematch with Marquez? Rios? Mikey Garcia? What happens? I wonder if he can get Bob to let him fight other fighters from other promotional companies.

Come on Bruh, you know his best comp is with GBP or over on Showtime but add that to the most important factor (his best comp is not with Top Rape) and you know Arum isn't allowing any of his slaves to escape without him getting paid on both sides of the table.

Bradley never feared Manny, the biggest enemy Tim will be battling in the rematch will be the crowd as I'm certain that they will be booing him from beginning to end and anything Manny does that remotely looks like he landed will be met with cheers and screams which will influence the judges (they know they got a bad rep from that first fight) and make them score for MP even though most of his punches will be missing..............again!
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 27 2014, 05:51 PM) *

slow and slightly weighted well they were doing some work when they would land but nothing that kept bradley at bay

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 27 2014, 06:40 PM) *

Alvarado Marquez winner
mayfeild/dulorme vs providnikov winner
or my hopeful bob wonder match-up Bradley cotto (cottos farewell bout)<-----(yea i had the balls to say it! fuck.gif )

he got a few decent options left
mgrover
well lets just wait for good ol Marquez loses and claim he was robbed and have Nacho back him up lawl
Col Reb
I think Marquez outclasses Alvarado and gets a late round KO, but it could be sombrero time again if I'm wrong and Alvarado eeks out a decision!
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 27 2014, 05:41 PM) *
Come on Bruh, you know his best comp is with GBP or over on Showtime but add that to the most important factor (his best comp is not with Top Rape) and you know Arum isn't allowing any of his slaves to escape without him getting paid on both sides of the table.

Bradley never feared Manny, the biggest enemy Tim will be battling in the rematch will be the crowd as I'm certain that they will be booing him from beginning to end and anything Manny does that remotely looks like he landed will be met with cheers and screams which will influence the judges (they know they got a bad rep from that first fight) and make them score for MP even though most of his punches will be missing..............again!

Bradley is going to beat the breaks off of Pac. Bob doesn't like Bradley so having him pay a flat fee to rent his slave out to another plantation isn't going to kill him. GB has a lot of interesting matches for Bradley. I would love to see how a Garcia and Tim match up would go. Mayweather vs. Tim is on my boxing wish list. Bradley will be fighting the ref, judges, commentators, crowds and everyone else. I think he has the grit to pull it out. I am sorry he resigned with Rob Arum but hell, money in the bank is money in the bank.

Alvarado and Marquez is a stupid fight. Marquez has too much game for Mike. I hope this is JMM's last fight. I have Juan in a wide UD. Alvarado ain't got the skill set to deal with JMM.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 30 2014, 05:22 AM) *
Bradley is going to beat the breaks off of Pac. Bob doesn't like Bradley so having him pay a flat fee to rent his slave out to another plantation isn't going to kill him. GB has a lot of interesting matches for Bradley. I would love to see how a Garcia and Tim match up would go. Mayweather vs. Tim is on my boxing wish list. Bradley will be fighting the ref, judges, commentators, crowds and everyone else. I think he has the grit to pull it out. I am sorry he resigned with Rob Arum but hell, money in the bank is money in the bank.

Alvarado and Marquez is a stupid fight. Marquez has too much game for Mike. I hope this is JMM's last fight. I have won in a wide UD. Alvarado ain't got the skill set to deal with JMM.

the bottom part is very true, i can remember how prescott outboxed him. but something tells me Marquez wants to trade
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.