Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canelo vs Lara
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
karmine20
So here is my question to you all. If and when Lara accepts the terms for the canelo fight, what would be the outcome? and do you respect Canelo more now than ever before? He doesnt want to fight for laras title because he believes floyd is the real champion. He just wants the fans to know he is scared of no one!
Cshel86
QUOTE (karmine20 @ Apr 8 2014, 11:29 AM) *
So here is my question to you all. If and when Lara accepts the terms for the canelo fight, what would be the outcome? and do you respect Canelo more now than ever before? He doesnt want to fight for laras title because he believes floyd is the real champion. He just wants the fans to know he is scared of no one!

I'm gonna post the link to the thread that I posted after the Angulo fight, concerning a Canelo/Lara clash...

Get your stones ready to throw...but as I said before (and will hold true to)....Canelo beats Lara. Anytime guys wanted him to step up to fight (real competition)...like Trout for instance, he stepped up to the plate. Canelo stops Lara...
ryustuh
granted angulo did look like he was off from the start in his fight against canelo, but i was still impressed by what i saw from saul's end. i think canelo would take it to lara. lara's gonna be on his wheels, but i think there will be short bursts of action with saul getting the better of the exchanges. also gotta consider that canelo is ever improving and imo still has not peaked yet.
Cshel86
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Apr 8 2014, 11:58 AM) *
granted angulo did look like he was off from the start in his fight against canelo, but i was still impressed by what i saw from saul's end. i think canelo would take it to lara. lara's gonna be on his wheels, but i think there will be short bursts of action with saul getting the better of the exchanges. also gotta consider that canelo is ever improving and imo still has not peaked yet.

My question is, just what in the hell was Angulo doing during camp for the Canelo fight? We all know that he's slow as all getout, but he seemed starched and could barely raise his arms to throw punches, except rounds 2 and 8. Canelo had some decent movement in that fight, which Im sure was mentioned during the telecast, so Angulo may not have had enough time to sit down on anything...hence why his punches didn't seem to have any confidence behind them.
ryustuh
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 8 2014, 11:03 AM) *
My question is, just what in the hell was Angulo doing during camp for the Canelo fight? We all know that he's slow as all getout, but he seemed starched and could barely raise his arms to throw punches, except rounds 2 and 8. Canelo had some decent movement in that fight, which Im sure was mentioned during the telecast, so Angulo may not have had enough time to sit down on anything...hence why his punches didn't seem to have any confidence behind them.

i was wondering the same thing myself. i only saw the fight once, but remember seeing saul land a monster hook right after the opening bell so my guess is angulo just got shocked, weak in the knees, and never found his power or had his head straight from the get-go. but still, gotta give credit to saul cuz he looked like a beast that night, and if he keeps getting better that's gonna be scary for lara.
AZWildCat
my moneys on blake ...fml its sadly true i dont think lara will have anything for him unless he puts on a stellar boxing performance. i saw blake had stole alot of mays tricks in that last fight. i expect more of the same in the next outing.

a redheaded skywalker ...the kid is learning
klonopinz
i got canelo by tko. lara got rocked cold against angulo and his eyes went back into his head. I thin k canelo walks through his shots like nothing, he can run but he cant hide, eventually canelo would pressure him and bash his body and head with fast combos. lara cant win a fight with a favorite son of boxing especially by pot shotting all night long and moving constantly. hell have to do ay more work than trout did to get the decisoon. i just think canelo is goiong to blow him out.
TheCritics
I'm glad this fight is going happen, undercard will be flooded as well... Hopefully more fighters follow suit and don't pay the fees for those useless trinkets

Lara wins 7-5
Dolimite
First off Saul's team is brilliant. They know Lara has a fight next month already to go. If Lara turns it down they can say Lara never wanted the fight. If Lara accepts the fight he has to train for another fighter and his mentality has to switch to BEAST mode. Physically Lara might be mentally spent by the time the fight is here. I like Lara's boxing skill, he did beat Paul Williams. I think he forces Canelo to think in the ring snd and be active. Lara will not stand their to be hit. He sets nice traps and he has will. He showed that against Angulo. I like Lara in this fight. Now it is time for a nap. Y'all enjoy the rest of your work day! Lol
TheCritics
Lara can easily pull out the Ishe fight and probably will
xxxxxx
Canelo wins close decision or possibly even late stoppage. I like the fight though...
Gambit808
Lara ain't no punk (that's for sure), but still, I don't think he know what he's up against facing Canelo. I know the brotha don't fear nobody in that division, but like I told my boy, if this fight gets made, I wouldn't count out Canelo stopping Lara via TKO. I said it won't be easy for Canelo, because he's still flourishing a bit by taking on all these different kinds of styles in the division, and being that Lara is a pretty solid counter puncher who can box your ears off if u let him, I'm sure Lara can find a few ways to re-exploit the flaws Mayweather did against him, but Lara's chin to me, against heavy hitters is still a bit questionable and Saul went 12 rounds with the best in the world. You got a sluggish heavy-hitter like Angulo touching u up with power shots that I believe Canelo would be able to do 10 fold.
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Apr 8 2014, 12:27 PM) *
my moneys on blake ...fml its sadly true i dont think lara will have anything for him unless he puts on a stellar boxing performance. i saw blake had stole alot of mays tricks in that last fight. i expect more of the same in the next outing.

a redheaded skywalker ...the kid is learning

Now SURELY you didn't this was gonna go unnoticed...please explain.

cool.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (TheCritics @ Apr 8 2014, 03:33 PM) *
Lara can easily pull out the Ishe fight and probably will

Hmm...interesting...

Being that the fight is about 3 weeks away, I'd have to wonder how much training he's done. He could pull out, but running the risk of going through 1 1/2 training camps, is a bit of stretch. Again, I wonder how deep he is into camp at this moment.
Cshel86
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Apr 8 2014, 12:13 PM) *
i was wondering the same thing myself. i only saw the fight once, but remember seeing saul land a monster hook right after the opening bell so my guess is angulo just got shocked, weak in the knees, and never found his power or had his head straight from the get-go. but still, gotta give credit to saul cuz he looked like a beast that night, and if he keeps getting better that's gonna be scary for lara.

Actually it was a leaping left hook...and that shit got ME in check...might add...almost spit my beer out when it landed. Angulo was just hurt, period...had to be the biggest mindfuck of his career. Well, nah...maybe after the dropped Kirkland and thought he had him outta there...oh yeah, that worked out well. laugh.gif
DigitalBoom
Too much man for Lara, I really think Canelo is now taking his career very seriously and that could be a huge huge problem for other people not named Floyd at 154. Canelo stops Lara imo.
mrchitown
If this fight comes off it's going to be a good one, and I say that because Canelo has heavy hands but he don't have one punch power to get Lara outta there so Lara is going to be around for a while and with his boxing skills that may make this a close fight. I can't pick a winner at this moment but I'd definitely tune in for this one because it's so many different scenarios as to how it will play out
Plah
I've said it in another thread, Canelo by high-way robbery.

But seriously, Lara takes it 8-4
Jovi
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 8 2014, 09:03 PM) *
If this fight comes off it's going to be a good one, and I say that because Canelo has heavy hands but he don't have one punch power to get Lara outta there so Lara is going to be around for a while and with his boxing skills that may make this a close fight. I can't pick a winner at this moment but I'd definitely tune in for this one because it's so many different scenarios as to how it will play out

I'm feeling the same way, I just know this is going to be a good fight to watch, and I'm excited. They BOTH have a really solid chance of winning this.

Lara's movement will be key in this fight; he can keep up with Alvarez and maybe even walk him into some counters if he cuts off the ring, or he can even have Canelo trying to chase him down and walk him into counters then too. Since Canelo has a pretty tight guard the best time for Lara to get Canelo out of there would be a good counter as or after he punches.

The biggest thing for Canelo is that he's already fought Mayweather, so he's already aware of traps that may be set ahead of time. Canelo went a good 12 with Mayweather, unless Lara a better Lara than usual, this could a good 12 but i see them exchanging knockdowns. Lara's performance usually reflects the level of his opposition.

This is probably my favorite fight of the year. Lara finally gets on All Access!..............................Now these fuu's (Showtime) need to get Rigondeaux and put them on the same card.

Ill make my choice on who i think will win AFTER the Ishe fight....IMO i think Lara will probably be overtrained if fights in May and July. but 2 nice paychecks
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 9 2014, 08:18 AM) *
I'm feeling the same way, I just know this is going to be a good fight to watch, and I'm excited. They BOTH have a really solid chance of winning this.

Lara's movement will be key in this fight; he can keep up with Alvarez and maybe even walk him into some counters if he cuts off the ring, or he can even have Canelo trying to chase him down and walk him into counters then too. Since Canelo has a pretty tight guard the best time for Lara to get Canelo out of there would be a good counter as or after he punches.

The biggest thing for Canelo is that he's already fought Mayweather, so he's already aware of traps that may be set ahead of time. Canelo went a good 12 with Mayweather, unless Lara a better Lara than usual, this could a good 12 but i see them exchanging knockdowns. Lara's performance usually reflects the level of his opposition.

This is probably my favorite fight of the year. Lara finally gets on All Access!..............................Now these fuu's (Showtime) need to get Rigondeaux and put them on the same card.

Ill make my choice on who i think will win AFTER the Ishe fight....IMO i think Lara will probably be overtrained if fights in May and July. but 2 nice paychecks

Agreed having training camps like they back to back and then it's going to be a real intensive training camp if the Canelo fight gets made, idk how good that is for Lara.

I get the feeling that this will be a back and forth, tug of war type of fight. Lara has a good ring IQ but Canelo does too, the question is whose ring intelligence is better? I don't think Canelo can outbox Lara, I'd be shocked if they happened. But he can mix in some elements of boxing and land those thudding shots on Lara, particularly to the body and then go up top.

As for Lara, he needs to land the left, and I think he can land it early and often if he shows no ill effects of having to go through two training camps. Wonder what the undercard gon look like, main event is definitely going to provide some action.

mrchitown
Looks like if it goes down it won't be for the WBA belt that Lara has, Canelo says he doesn't want to pay the sanctioning fees
TheCritics
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 9 2014, 11:27 AM) *
Looks like if it goes down it won't be for the WBA belt that Lara has, Canelo says he doesn't want to pay the sanctioning fees

and thats a good thing... EF that trinket
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 9 2014, 08:26 AM) *
Agreed having training camps like they back to back and then it's going to be a real intensive training camp if the Canelo fight gets made, idk how good that is for Lara.

I get the feeling that this will be a back and forth, tug of war type of fight. Lara has a good ring IQ but Canelo does too, the question is whose ring intelligence is better? I don't think Canelo can outbox Lara, I'd be shocked if they happened. But he can mix in some elements of boxing and land those thudding shots on Lara, particularly to the body and then go up top.

As for Lara, he needs to land the left, and I think he can land it early and often if he shows no ill effects of having to go through two training camps. Wonder what the undercard gon look like, main event is definitely going to provide some action.

Lara's movement will allow him to dictate the pace of the fight. Lara won't be in front of Canelo to tee off of. Movement bothers saul. The match can be fight of the year.
mrchitown
QUOTE (TheCritics @ Apr 9 2014, 11:59 AM) *
and thats a good thing... EF that trinket

I'm not complaining either. These sanctioning bodies have done a huge disservice to the sport of boxing
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 9 2014, 12:04 PM) *
Lara's movement will allow him to dictate the pace of the fight. Lara won't be in front of Canelo to tee off of. Movement bothers saul. The match can be fight of the year.

I think it has FOTY potential too due to their contrasting styles
Franchize
This is going to be a barn burner. Can't wait. People often complained about Canelo and "who he's fought" despite him only being 23. Can't say that any more. I've always been impressed with this kid. Both him and Lara are the clear cut best 2 Light middleweights in the world (not including Floyd) IMO.
KOpower
Love it. I am glad to see Lara get this opportunity and I am impressed that Canelo more or less demanded Lara like he demanded Trout. Canelo has some stones...that's for sure.
Dolimite
QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 9 2014, 04:09 PM) *
Love it. I am glad to see Lara get this opportunity and I am impressed that Canelo more or less demanded Lara like he demanded Trout. Canelo has some stones...that's for sure.

Balls? He knows Lara has a fight coming If anything he is getting an advantage by calling out Lara. Lara os going to be over trained and he lost to Trout
Jovi
If any of you were Lara, what would you do? lets be realistic. The fight being in July, Canelo put Lara in a messed up position, he's using the power he has very well already.
TheCritics
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 10 2014, 10:54 AM) *
If any of you were Lara, what would you do? lets be realistic. The fight being in July, Canelo put Lara in a messed up position, he's using the power he has very well already.

very easily remove myself from the Ishe fight... begin training for Canelo mid May
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 8 2014, 06:15 PM) *
Now SURELY you didn't this was gonna go unnoticed...please explain.

cool.gif

defensively i saw movement and angles that he wasnt using before while watching that all access epilogue a few days ago and couldnt help but say damn didnt floyd just do this shit to him when they fought??????

there was more i saw but im not typing all this shit out lol

i just might start doing pre and post fight analyst on youtube for fun.
BoxingStill#1
I actually like this scrap. I enjoy when a guy has absolutely no respect for a hype job.

Though Canelo wins, we will see much more competitive fight than Angelo. Quit comparing folks

Apples and oranges.
AZWildCat
Breaking news lara-smith off!!!!!!!

LARA vs CANELO ON!!!!!!

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/lara-vs-sm...lo-is-on-241579
credit: fightnews.com
Jovi
Its official Lara is off the Ishe fight and is going straight after Canelo.

We might actually get a Mayweather/Lara fight eventually if Lara takes this. No easy task by any means but gonna be a very interesting rest of the year.

Since Lara isn't vsing Ishe smith, i say switch Lara with a Charlo twin. Then we in buisness
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 13 2014, 03:14 PM) *
Its official Lara is off the Ishe fight and is going straight after Canelo.

We might actually get a Mayweather/Lara fight eventually if Lara takes this. No easy task by any means but gonna be a very interesting rest of the year.

Since Lara isn't vsing Ishe smith, i say switch Lara with a Charlo twin. Then we in buisness

Man it's about to go down...Lara been jawing at Canelo for quite sometime now. Time to show and prove

I'd also like to see Ishe fight one of the Charlotte bros, as they've been going back and forth too
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 13 2014, 01:36 PM) *
Man it's about to go down...Lara been jawing at Canelo for quite sometime now. Time to show and prove

I'd also like to see Ishe fight one of the Charlotte bros, as they've been going back and forth too

I am taking Lara. This is a career changer. I think Charlo destroyes Ishe.
Gambit808
I might be getting ahead of myself here, but this year may very well belong to Saul Alverez if his intentions (given his success against Lara) is to fight Cotto to end off the year. Guess those complaining his choice of opposition have nothing more to say now.
Gambit808
I'm going with Canelo btw.
Hotsauce
good fight
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 13 2014, 01:46 PM) *
I might be getting ahead of myself here, but this year may very well belong to Saul Alverez if his intentions (given his success against Lara) is to fight Cotto to end off the year. Guess those complaining his choice of opposition have nothing more to say now.

nada thumbsup_anim.gif

and if that ishe charlo fight happen id take charlo!

already said id fuck wit red!
klonopinz
canelo ud
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Apr 13 2014, 03:09 PM) *
Breaking news lara-smith off!!!!!!!

LARA vs CANELO ON!!!!!!

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/lara-vs-sm...lo-is-on-241579
credit: fightnews.com

So damn glad this fight is happening...... People kill me with their triangle theories about Fighters. As of today, My money is on Foghorn Leghorn. He's seems to be on a mission to earn his respect. He wins this and maybe he shuts down all the folks (including myself) that considered him hyped. He's officially fighting folks in his own weight class so I can't complain too much now....
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 13 2014, 03:40 PM) *
I am taking Lara. This is a career changer. I think Charlo destroyes Ishe.

You said he same thing about the fight last night lol. Ain't nobody ever destroyed Ishe so I don't see that happening.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 13 2014, 07:20 PM) *
You said he same thing about the fight last night lol. Ain't nobody ever destroyed Ishe so I don't see that happening.

Did I? Oh well, I will be a broken record, lol. Ishe has never been destroyed, well yeah, but anything can happen. I just think Charlo has too much game for Ishe, my boy J Williams just called Ishe out. It is funny that Ishe gets so much hate thrown his way because of his affiliations. Charlos have thrown shade his way along with other fighters, I think Lara said some disparaging comments about Ishe. The man can't help who he works for.
Jovi
I'm going to wait for the All Access to make my choice. This is Lara's biggest fight, I want to know how prepared he is and how motivated he will be. He showed heart against Angulo, Canelo showed excellence.

The big variable is: how will Canelo deal with someone who can actually move instead of someone slowly plodding towards him. If there's one advantage i'd give to Lara it's his movement. Could be catching Canelo reaching, or just counter and get shots off first. There's so many ways this fight can happen.

BTW Canelo isn't a JMW anymore lol, he can't even reach 154 anymore, and schaefer said this is fight is "154, give or take one pound" so i'm doubting Canelo can make 154. But he is staying in shape and still training so I may be wrong. But can't take anything away from either guy, whoever wins is the champ at 154 (other than Mayweather)

Lara has more to gain from winning. Canelo win or lose can still fight Cotto or Martinez. More fights i want to see can be gained by Lara winning. Could even be a trilogy.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 14 2014, 08:07 AM) *
I'm going to wait for the All Access to make my choice. This is Lara's biggest fight, I want to know how prepared he is and how motivated he will be. He showed heart against Angulo, Canelo showed excellence.

The big variable is: how will Canelo deal with someone who can actually move instead of someone slowly plodding towards him. If there's one advantage i'd give to Lara it's his movement. Could be catching Canelo reaching, or just counter and get shots off first. There's so many ways this fight can happen.

BTW Canelo isn't a JMW anymore lol, he can't even reach 154 anymore, and schaefer said this is fight is "154, give or take one pound" so i'm doubting Canelo can make 154. But he is staying in shape and still training so I may be wrong. But can't take anything away from either guy, whoever wins is the champ at 154 (other than Mayweather)

Lara has more to gain from winning. Canelo win or lose can still fight Cotto or Martinez. More fights i want to see can be gained by Lara winning. Could even be a trilogy.

With Lara's movement, will Canelo gas?
mrchitown
Lara shooting internet jabs lol

http://www.boxingscene.com/photo-lara-warn...g-coming--76715
Plah
That pic is hilarious
flazi
for some reason i got lara winning by ud but they won't give it to him unless he ko's canelo so its canelo sd.
Jovi
I forgot that Lara is actually southpaw too, so Alvarez may be in for some surprises.

I cant pick one, its between Lara's Left hand and Alvarez's body shots. This is going to be a violent fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.