Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: joshua clottey
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ryustuh
saw some clips from the mundine fight. not to say that mundine is anything special, but clottey put on a whooping and i was impressed. always been a fan of clottey and am wondering if he can make some noise in the division again. what do you guys think?
AZWildCat
hes back in the mix ill say that....he has some good matchups coming his way.
ryustuh
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Apr 10 2014, 05:06 PM) *
hes back in the mix ill say that....he has some good matchups coming his way.

for sure. i think him and kirkland would put on a good show.
AZWildCat
thats actually a damn good fight but Kirkland need to be fighting for a belt at this point ...but i do like that fight alot
mgrover
beats a nobody, lost his previous big fight as completely dominated, or some people think he threw the fight, unsure which is worse really. Maybe Cotto rematch after Cotto loses to Sergio? Can't see Clottey making any real noise
Gambit808
Why not throw "Bevo Laddie" Clottey's name back in the the JMW mix. Not easy going into someone's back yard and put on a shut out performance as he did.
Cshel86
Wasn't this a title fight? I saw the highlights...Mundine looked outclassed in there.
TheCritics
is he back?... when was he ever there? I attended the Cotto fight and actually thought he won but never felt he was a top tier guy... Kirkland smokes him
BoxingStill#1
Clottey has a couple big name fights in his future...

But more than likely gonna fall into gate keeper status
Franchize
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 10 2014, 10:03 PM) *
Why not throw "Bevo Laddie" Clottey's name back in the the JMW mix. Not easy going into someone's back yard and put on a shut out performance as he did.

"Got more head than he got body" lmao
mrchitown
I was glad he whooped Mundine, that guy was getting more annoying then Robert Guerrero. I've always liked Clottey but he's never really performed well in the fights that would push him over the top and into bigger things. I did feel he best Cotto but he lost to him on the cards, lost to Manny, had a close fight IMO with Judah and lost to Margarito. He should be in the mix for some things but I don't expect much from him except beating mid tier opponents, I don't think he'll ever get over the hump in his career. He just is who he is
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.