Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PACMAN VS CANELO
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
AZWildCat
what yall think of this?

bob in my opinion really trying to cash manny out before hes leaves and fights floyd ...i mean why not take some steam off before any ridiculous money is made that he wont touch....smart bob!

credit:fightnews.com

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/pacman-vs-...in-years-242791
karmine20
I wouldnt hold my breathe on Pacman vs Canelo. However, if this fight does indeed happen its only to prove to the critics that floyd was indeed ducking pac man (and i do not believe floyd ducked ANYONE as someone mentioned early ducking is such a harsh word but i feel it fits in this scenerio). its a tactc that will cause a lot of conversation around the world. a lot of what "ifs in my opinion. Secondly lets say this fight does happen i have canelo by KO. Too much power and if timothy bradley was able to hurt you then i can only imagine what heavy handed canelo would do.
TheCritics
not going to happen, just fodder to elevate Canelo's name... unless 155 is ok with Bob?
Cshel86
I smell a stroooong catchweight...somewhere around 147 lbs. Oh wait...
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 23 2014, 03:12 PM) *

I would say 150, but doubt this fight happens. Too much weight for Manny to gain. Right now it's just hitting rumor stages.

Jack
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 23 2014, 01:12 PM) *

Quote of the day!

Saul has to get passed Lara. He may come out limping after that fight.
mgrover
I see this as an easier fight for Pac than Bradley mainly because of how slow Canelo looked vs Mayweather. Maybe he shouldn't of bloated so far up but not to take anything from Mayweather thats why he could sit in the pocket with him. With Pacs in and out movements he could certaintly make it a competitive fight atleast. The X factors are if Pac can actually hurt Canelo enough to keep him at bay, and Pac not being tagged coming in to close the distance.

But this ain't ever gonna happen. I mean come on Bob?
mrchitown
This is buffonery, I thought Pacquiao wouldn't fight above the WW limit anymore?? Such bull. And if this fight does happen which I don't believe it will, Canelo by KO
AZWildCat
everything is rumor till we see some paperwork
is it likely not at all
if bob says manny jump........well you get the point
but if it does im like the rest i got willies son lol
like i said earlier bob might be doing this alone for the cash out ....hurting floyds pockets means more to him at this point hes not retarded to mannys moves
Dolimite
When did Oscar start making decisions for GB. Shouldn't he speak with his boss first? Im sureb Schaefer feels a little heated.
aTYpicalTYrant
That fight is too dangerous for Pac because of Canelo's weight. Top Ranks goal is to continue Pacquiao winning so that they can still have a potential fight with FMJ right? If Pac even caters to that shit he must be taking career advice from Cotto. Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 23 2014, 10:18 PM) *
When did Oscar start making decisions for GB. Shouldn't he speak with his boss first? Im sureb Schaefer feels a little heated.

Stop it house husband of LA lol

That is Oscar's company, true Schaefer makes it run but Oscar brought him in. And there are investors and big time investors at that. Oscar is the figure head and Schaefer is the business guy but AEG and the other guys run GB
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 23 2014, 08:18 PM) *

if it turns out to be legit (which its likely not ) its a good move for both GBP AN TR bad for pac only in a loss.
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 23 2014, 08:50 PM) *
That fight is too dangerous for Pac because of Canelo's weight.Top Ranks goal is to continue Pacquiao winning so that they can still have a potential fight with FMJ right? If Pac even caters to that shit he must be taking career advice from Cotto. Lol

i doubt they give a shit about pac and thats been shown numerous times....no signing of extention screams cash out ....manny aint walking away scott free!

regardless call bobs bluff and let the blind free!
Gambit808
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 23 2014, 09:34 PM) *
This is buffonery, I thought Pacquiao wouldn't fight above the WW limit anymore?? Such bull. And if this fight does happen which I don't believe it will, Canelo by KO

This.
Franchize
If this fight happens, which it won't, Mama Pacquiao is going to need an exorcism by the 3rd round

*caption* "Calling all cars, Calling all cars. Breaker Breaker 1 9"
mgrover
I'd love it for the fight to happen at 154lb and Pac to say at the press conference:

"You know I see Canelo as an undefeated fighter, since he was drained vs Mayweather"

Talk about a back hand laugh.gif
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 23 2014, 10:19 PM) *
If this fight happens, which it won't, Mama Pacquiao is going to need an exorcism by the 3rd round

lol was still the highlight of the night lol

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 24 2014, 06:15 AM) *
I'd love it for the fight to happen at 154lb and Pac to say at the press conference:

"You know I see Canelo as an undefeated fighter, since he was drained vs Mayweather"

that would be the ultimate comeback/subliminal/backhand!
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 24 2014, 08:15 AM) *

LMAO!
Dolimite
    QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 23 2014, 09:41 PM) *
    Stop it house husband of LA lol

That is Oscar's company, true Schaefer makes it run but Oscar brought him in. And there are investors and big time investors at that. Oscar is the figure head and Schaefer is the business guy but AEG and the other guys run GB

Damn Chi! Bottom line Schaefer is the brain behind GB. He runs that company and I doubt AEG is going to tak ques from an addict. If stock holders kicked the guy who invinted Twitter for being a head case, then who is Oscar. You kn how the game works
    BoxingStill#1
    This is just the type of fight to end the cold war...

I like both,.. not a huge fan of either so no sweat off my back on who wins

I'm assuming this thread is to play devil's advocate so here's my prediction..

Canelo by mid round TKO..

Unless he gets lost in the lights like he did with Floyed
    BoxingStill#1
    QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 24 2014, 01:19 AM) *

Now we know why he never brought his mom to his fights....

Cuz she is the only Filipino to graduate from Hogwarts..
    Dolimite
    QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Apr 24 2014, 12:45 PM) *

Thread!
    AZWildCat
    QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Apr 24 2014, 12:45 PM) *

LMAO

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/de-la-hoya...top-rank-243242

shots fired rich aint having it!!!!
    KOpower
    This would be great for boxing on many levels. It would be a HUGE fight. An EXCITING fight. It would be a GREAT test for Pac and a great test for Canelo. It would also show a thaw in this "cold war". If they can make Pac-Canelo, why not Pac-Broner? Or Bradley-Khan? I am just throwing names out here now but you get my point.

I seriously doubt this happens, but it would be great for boxing and boxing fans.
    mrchitown
    Oscar said today that they haven't fen spoken about fights yet and that he was just extending the olive branch. I'm interested to see where this goes
    philly31
    Only way this happens is if Schaefer leaves GBP to start a company with Haymon after May 3rd. Since Canelo isn't a Haymon guy, it'll be the fight Oscar pushes to keep AEG and his investors onboard, especially if they lose a significant chunk of their 80+ fighters to Schaefer and Haymon.
    Dolimite
    QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 24 2014, 08:29 PM) *
    Oscar said today that they haven't fen spoken about fights yet and that he was just extending the olive branch. I'm interested to see where this goes

Oscar is on that PR move.
    mrchitown
    QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 25 2014, 01:03 PM) *
    Oscar is on that PR move.

Or maybe he actually means it
    This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
    Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.