Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chavez Jr. vs Golovkin OFF...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
AZWildCat
http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...ight-now--75903 :credit boxing scene

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/327325-...yed-for-july-12 :credit. Ring TV

Chavez Jr vs Golovkin being worked out for July 12th at The Forum in L.A. (Inglewood) at '68.
I know not to many care about this fight but it does have heavy implications and will shed alot of light or dark on both fighters looming the outcome. Judging from his choice he wasn't ready for Ward and felt he could make 168 with no problem which I like cause that means he's dedicated to making the weight and not taking the lazy way out and running to 75!
mrchitown
Only light it'll shed is both are bitches. If the fight gets made it'll be at SMW, i give neither any credit, they both don't want it with SOG but bring his name up as if they'd be down for the fight. I would like to see Chavez Jr win because GGG is a hypocrite if he takes this fight because he and Abel talked all that G talk about being ducked and Ward this and Ward that and then backpedaled on 160 to save face now they want this fight.

Ward or die! Fuck these two
Gambit808
A tough one to call if it officially gets mad, but for right now I'm going with JCC.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 22 2014, 01:25 PM) *
Only light it'll shed is both are bitches. If the fight gets made it'll be at SMW, i give neither any credit, they both don't want it with SOG but bring his name up as if they'd be down for the fight. I would like to see Chavez Jr win because GGG is a hypocrite if he takes this fight because he and Abel talked all that G talk about being ducked and Ward this and Ward that and then backpedaled on 160 to save face now they want this fight.

Lmfao what did Shelly tell you about making sense lol

Honestly I think we'll see Chavez fight Ward before ggg or Martinez
Gambit808
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 22 2014, 02:58 PM) *

George Groves seems like he's willing and able if he is to get past Froch, but he could backpedal as well if other opportunities present there selves with the W. It's crazy cause the Froch-Groves 2 fight is not promised either if the winner of Chavez-GGG is on the table.
AZWildCat
Also I know I've been in favor of Robert Garcia training him but Ive leaned over to Pedro being the better fit. But that's just my opinion. I would love and favor him to knock gennady the fucc out but ill wait to see who's training him before I make my official pick.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 22 2014, 02:25 PM) *

Ward is on the shelf anyway, trying to get out of his promotional agreement. Maybe he can fight fight the winner once his situation clears.
TheCritics
before we destroy GGG maybe he faces Ward after JCCJr? but I do understand the hypocrite sentiments
Plah
I want to say GGG by stoppage but.... Jr is bigger than him. So GGG by UD
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 22 2014, 10:25 AM) *

Tell em bro tell em how you feel! I got JR by split decision.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 22 2014, 03:06 PM) *
George Groves seems like he's willing and able if he is to get past Froch, but he could backpedal as well if other opportunities present there selves with the W. It's crazy cause the Froch-Groves 2 fight is not promised either if the winner of Chavez-GGG is on the table.

Groves-ward was in play till froch jumped up and said he'd do the rematch ...either one could be next up.
Marcus
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 22 2014, 02:58 PM) *

Arum wouldnt allow it.

I can see Chavez beating GGG and Martinez as of now. I dont think GGG can outbox Chavez like Martinez did. GGG is definitely not outpunishing Chavez. I cant see Martinez coming up to 168 to fight Chavez and we all know chavez not making 160. So thats a no no. So Arum's going to cash out w/Chavez before putting him in there with Ward. Chavez-Golovkin makes so much sense. But i dont think its ppv worthy.

Golovkin's team are the biggest hypocrites as mentioned before. Call every one out from 154-175, then Ward accepts the challenge and they aren't ready to move up. But for Chavez they'd be comfortable at 168 w/no problem. GTFOH. I hope Chavez knocks his head off.
Gambit808
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 22 2014, 07:57 PM) *
Groves-ward was in play till froch jumped up and said he'd do the rematch ...either one could be next up.

Yeah but, let's not forget Froch seems like he's all for a PPV fight JCC rather than Ward if he does get past Groves again, and same could be said about Groves because Jr. is where the money at. Groves may decide after Froch, to headline with Jr. if he wants.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 23 2014, 11:45 AM) *
Arum wouldnt allow it.

I can see Chavez beating GGG and Martinez as of now. I dont think GGG can outbox Chavez like Martinez did. GGG is definitely not outpunishing Chavez. I cant see Martinez coming up to 168 to fight Chavez and we all know chavez not making 160. So thats a no no. So Arum's going to cash out w/Chavez before putting him in there with Ward. Chavez-Golovkin makes so much sense. But i dont think its ppv worthy.

Golovkin's team are the biggest hypocrites as mentioned before. Call every one out from 154-175, then Ward accepts the challenge and they aren't ready to move up. But for Chavez they'd be comfortable at 168 w/no problem. GTFOH. I hope Chavez knocks his head off.

What I meant was he'll fight him before the other two do...and your right its a bigger fight on HBO than on ppv. They'll do some crazy ratings on that one. If ggg can't hurt Jr its going to be a long night or a short one depending on how he takes those wide looping hooks to the head & body. Nither one has any type of head movement. So its going to be a test of chins and gut.
klonopinz
i dont see chavez doing anything to win this fight. golovkin ill have a field day with him, hitting him at will and busting his face up orse than sergio or vera in half the time it took them. i see julio landing some bombs but i dont think it will affect ggg if it didnt affect vera that much. the good thing is that chavez will have 3 months to train which is very nice. i thik well see the best chavez yet.
Jovi
GGG by stoppage. There's a video of GGG and Chavez sparring from a few years back, I just saw it the other day and GGG spanked Chavez, beat him in everyway. Outboxed him, bullied him on the inside, cut off the ring on him, dodging most of his punches, just plain out put a beating on him. Chavez didnt look to happy by the end of it.

Chavez is more of a money fight, GGG is the world beater. GGG vs Ward is better fight to watch than Ward vs Chavez only because there's more of a mystery for the outcome. I think throwing Chavez to GGG to get his stock to rise alittle bit, then throw in him in there with Ward. Now HBO has 3 ppv fighters compared to 0.

If These 2 suckas fight eachother on PPV then the winner BETTER be vsing Ward on PPV or I have no hope for HBO and TR.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 23 2014, 11:34 AM) *
Yeah but, let's not forget Froch seems like he's all for a PPV fight JCC rather than Ward if he does get past Groves again, and same could be said about Groves because Jr. is where the money at. Groves may decide after Froch, to headline with Jr. if he wants.

True but hopefully if groves does win he takes that chance of being great ...but I can't knock him for chasing the paper. I know froch wont think twice about it!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 23 2014, 02:10 PM) *
GGG by stoppage. There's a video of GGG and Chavez sparring from a few years back, I just saw it the other day and GGG spanked Chavez, beat him in everyway. Outboxed him, bullied him on the inside, cut off the ring on him, dodging most of his punches, just plain out put a beating on him. Chavez didnt look to happy by the end of it.

Chavez is more of a money fight, GGG is the world beater. GGG vs Ward is better fight to watch than Ward vs Chavez only because there's more of a mystery for the outcome. I think throwing Chavez to GGG to get his stock to rise alittle bit, then throw in him in there with Ward. Now HBO has 3 ppv fighters compared to 0.

If These 2 suckas fight eachother on PPV then the winner BETTER be vsing Ward on PPV or I have no hope for HBO and TR.

"Sparring sessions" and "a few years back", don't really help to drive your point here. As I always make a point of, sparring with bigger gloves and the fact that both guys don't have a payday on the line, doesn't say much.

You'd have to ask yourself...since then, who has Julio fought, versus, who GGG has fought? A significant difference there...

You'd also have to ask...how far away from a fight was Julio or GGG when the sparring session took place? Was Chavez closer to am upcoming fight, than GGG was? I'm asking that, because guys run to the rescue of Floyd, when that Spadafora sparring session is brought up. Floyd was nearly 3 months PAST a fight that he had, and Paul was about 2-3 weeks away from an upcoming fight, so maybe Floyd wasn't in that great of shape around that time. '

Oh oh oh wait..."Floyd's always in the gym, and he's always in shape". The same has been said about Floyd not drinking...but he has. Not trying to ream you here, but guys pick and choose when they want a sparring session to matter, not fair. You'd think that fighters who have sparred in the past (and bested their opponent), would go into a real fight with them and pick up where they left off...but that isn't always the case.
Marcus
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 23 2014, 02:39 PM) *
"Sparring sessions" and "a few years back", don't really help to drive your point here. As I always make a point of, sparring with bigger gloves and the fact that both guys don't have a payday on the line, doesn't say much.

You'd have to ask yourself...since then, who has Julio fought, versus, who GGG has fought? A significant difference there...

You'd also have to ask...how far away from a fight was Julio or GGG when the sparring session took place? Was Chavez closer to am upcoming fight, than GGG was? I'm asking that, because guys run to the rescue of Floyd, when that Spadafora sparring session is brought up. Floyd was nearly 3 months PAST a fight that he had, and Paul was about 2-3 weeks away from an upcoming fight, so maybe Floyd wasn't in that great of shape around that time. '

Oh oh oh wait..."Floyd's always in the gym, and he's always in shape". The same has been said about Floyd not drinking...but he has. Not trying to ream you here, but guys pick and choose when they want a sparring session to matter, not fair. You'd think that fighters who have sparred in the past (and bested their opponent), would go into a real fight with them and pick up where they left off...but that isn't always the case.

To add to that we all know fight night, Chavez is coming in as a crusier weight and GGG is moving up in weight to fight Chavez, which i dont think is a good idea. No one is learning from Broner-Maidana.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 23 2014, 02:57 PM) *
To add to that we all know fight night, Chavez is coming in as a crusier weight and GGG is moving up in weight to fight Chavez, which i dont think is a good idea. No one is learning from Broner-Maidana.

Yeah that fight night weight makes a difference man...just as long as Chavez doesn't struggle with weight again. We didn't hear much about it in the Vera rematch, but he looked like crap in the first Vera weigh in, and it was up to him as to what the weight was going to be, lol.

If JCC has trouble making weight (whether it's publicized or not), will give GGG leeway to land huge body shots and soften Julio up for the kill. I think Julio should fight in spurts, as far as his new patient style of fighting, but that "stalker" mentality still needs to be there.
Marcus
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 23 2014, 12:41 PM) *
What I meant was he'll fight him before the other two do...and your right its a bigger fight on HBO than on ppv. They'll do some crazy ratings on that one. If ggg can't hurt Jr its going to be a long night or a short one depending on how he takes those wide looping hooks to the head & body. Nither one has any type of head movement. So its going to be a test of chins and gut.

Chavez's chin has been tested, Chavez character has been tested. We all know what he's capable of when he's focused. GGG on the other hand hasn't been truly tested in the pros, and I dont think moving up in weight to face Chavez is the appropriate manner to show your character as a fighter. Chavez will merk GGG at 168!

K2 promotions are making somewhat of a mistake! Let GGG keep fighting bums at 160. But on the other hand GGG will still have titles and him losing to Chavez would make other fighters at 160 more open to fighting him. Its a gift and a curse. We'll just have to wait and see.

AZWildCat
QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 23 2014, 02:09 PM) *
Chavez's chin has been tested, Chavez character has been tested. We all know what he's capable of when he's focused. GGG on the other hand hasn't been truly tested in the pros, and I dont think moving up in weight to face Chavez is the appropriate manner to show your character as a fighter. Chavez will merk GGG at 168!

K2 promotions are making somewhat of a mistake! Let GGG keep fighting bums at 160. But on the other hand GGG will still have titles and him losing to Chavez would make other fighters at 160 more open to fighting him. Its a gift and a curse. We'll just have to wait and see.

I feel you on that ggg's people feel good about it because of the sparring session but sparring is just that. Gennady not close to Martinez speed and Jr is actually faster.
mrchitown
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 22 2014, 03:37 PM) *
Ward is on the shelf anyway, trying to get out of his promotional agreement. Maybe he can fight fight the winner once his situation clears.

That's kinda true and kinda not. The same thing happened last year but he fought Edwin. The same issues Andre talking about now is the same issues then. Andre will fight and has no problem doing so and he proved that when he fought Edwin amidst the promotional issues.

I ain't going to lie and say I won't watch the fight, it's very appealing but I still maintain their both full of it, especially Gennady. These two wanna play rock em sock em robot with each other instead of get that ass beat by Andre. And as far as promotional issues, I go back to the Edwin fight, when money on the table, everybody friends. Golovkin and Chavez Jr don't want it. Point blank period and I guess I can fault the for that
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 22 2014, 06:11 PM) *
Tell em bro tell em how you feel! I got JR by split decision.

I'm slightly leaning towards JCC Jr myself. Only because he's faced better competition and he's also been hit with shots from better fighters IMO. I know some will point to the sparring session but sparring is not a indicator in most cases of what will happen in a fight. We saw that when Devon dough Shawn Porter, those two had some sessions and fought against each other in the ams and Devon won but it's a different game now we see since Porter manhandled him last yr. I've seen frustration on GGG's face when he can't take out his opponent early. He does cut the ring off well and neither will be hard to find as defense isn't their calling card. It should be a good one
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 22 2014, 01:25 PM) *

I agree with everything you just said but I still liked this fight.

Chavez/Golovkin is an action packed fight.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 23 2014, 06:10 PM) *
I agree with everything you just said but I still liked this fight.

Chavez/Golovkin is an action packed fight.

I like it too. I'm gon watch it but I'm disappointed one or the other wouldn't fight Ward first. I'm more shocked at GGG and his team then JCC Jr. Chavez Jr at least was trying to make a Froch fight, Golovkin and his team said all these big statements and have tried to discredit Ward but yet they'd like to stay@160 but their willing to go up for Julio. I don't believe in calling fighters suckers or cowards but they're hypocrites in this situation
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 23 2014, 06:14 PM) *
I like it too. I'm gon watch it but I'm disappointed one or the other wouldn't fight Ward first. I'm more shocked at GGG and his team then JCC Jr. Chavez Jr at least was trying to make a Froch fight, Golovkin and his team said all these big statements and have tried to discredit Ward but yet they'd like to stay@160 but their willing to go up for Julio. I don't believe in calling fighters suckers or cowards but they're hypocrites in this situation

It seems to me that ggg is fighting for the money...........hmmmmmm

I thought only floyd did that rolleyes_anim.gif
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 23 2014, 06:14 PM) *

+1

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 23 2014, 06:26 PM) *

They would love for us to believe that
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 23 2014, 06:26 PM) *

That is what they say isn't it lol. When h does it it's for the money and mining else but when ores do it, it's because they want to take on the best....yeah right
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 23 2014, 11:00 PM) *
That is what they say isn't it lol. When h does it it's for the money and mining else but when ores do it, it's because they want to take on the best....yeah right

Its that loop oh s*** man that loophole s***
Gambit808
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 23 2014, 07:14 PM) *

...But nowadays, dudes in GGG situation see a guy like Ward as a high risk low reWard fight (lol), and look to build up there own brand taking (in there mind) a lesser risk higher reward before taking a fight of that caliber. So when it comes time to sit at the negotiating table, he'll have some credentials of his own to show so that he'll be able to work some demands in for his favor, because I think at this point, he pretty much don't have nothing but a undefeated record up against guys of far less caliber than what Ward has gone through. So in his case, maybe he's going at Chavez Jr. because he's sort of a "hot ticket" with some credentials on his record as well, yet is a lesser risk than Ward, so now, if he's able to take him out and quite possibly move on to Froch-Groves (winner) or Cotto-Martinez (winner) and is successful there, well then maybe he has more than just HBO commentators and certain media outlets on his sac, to bring to the table. The fight at that point, would probably peak with boxing/casual fans a-like and put some green-backs in his pocket along with taking the risk, because right now, anything Ward and his team says, goes and GGG and his squad would more than likely have to sit there and be Yes men through that whole process.

I could be reaching on that notion, but not a lot of fighters fight each other nowadays when it's at it's "ripe moment" and it usually gets acknowledged as "business" conflict or some what.
Jovi
GGG knows he could beat Chavez too, thats why he doesn't mind fighting him. I wouldn't believe it but i already seen it for myself, the sparring session wasn't about who was stronger or faster, it was just GGG outboxing and dominating Chavez, if they didn't have the headgear Chavez would've maybe been stopped had it been a real fight... a new fight would always have a chance for a different outcome but for now as i know its 1-0.

Mayweather/Corrales comes to mind when i think of this fight. I think it would make GGG that dude, he'll make Chavez look silly because he already knows how to beat him.
BoxingEinstein

This will be a fight nicknamed, "War of Titans", "War of World's" or "Iron Giants"

Anyways, this a helluva fight and a boxing fans wet dream.

One end of the corner you have a huge guy who likes to straight up fight, ability to throw everything but the kitchen sink at your body, and one of the best chins in boxing for the last couple of years.

In the other corner a boyish looking guy with an angry man's bad intentions style, real ko power, can also box/pick spots, and with a tendency to want to get into a fight.

I can't surely choose but I'm goin with GGG late TKO. I think Chavez will be there all night and making it tough for GGG but I think "The Monster at Middleweight" has the tools in his tool box to cut the ring and jab effectively plus get off first. He can't allow Jr. to get inside unless GGG does heavy damage early then it might not be a problem.
wolterb
Chavez Jr is going to take a serious beating in this fight.
AZWildCat
$500,000 for every pound over!
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 28 2014, 11:26 AM) *
$500,000 for every pound over!

Makes you wonder just how much Julio's purse is gonna be. If he was guaranteed $4M for the Martinez fight, then I'm wondering how much he'll be guaranteed for this one...since GGG isn't as popular as Sergio is.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2014, 08:45 AM) *
Makes you wonder just how much Julio's purse is gonna be. If he was guaranteed $4M for the Martinez fight, then I'm wondering how much he'll be guaranteed for this one...since GGG isn't as popular as Sergio is.

Good question I'm sure they'll both be chipped off for this.
mgrover
can't wait for GGG to fuck up Chavez's face, only to lose via UD
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 28 2014, 02:17 PM) *
Good question I'm sure they'll both be chipped off for this.

More so Julio, than Gennady. I'm wondering if TR and Team Chavez are going to get the lion's share of the purse, or are they going to do some 60/40 split.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 28 2014, 07:38 PM) *
can't wait for GGG to fuck up Chavez's face, only to lose via UD

laugh.gif

Funny, but I have Chavez winning this one. The punches wont be coming as fast as they did in the Martinez fight, and he wont have to deal with all of that movement. He'll be able to sit down on some of his shots, and hell, who knows, Chavez may be the one using his legs the most in this one.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2014, 08:45 AM) *

want to hear a cold fact? he is going to get more money than Bradley and this fight will be on regular HBO! lol
jtiizzle
How can any boxing fan complain about this fight ? Truly dangerous for both
I read through a lot of the comments
1. Sparring sessions do matter especially taking a beating like Chavez took that wasn't scripted and it was at wild card (where Chavez was training for HIS fight)
2. Why would you move up to 168 and face the top guy and #2 pound for pound fighter in your first fight? That would be just stupid. The right move is this one financially and career wise because if he stops Chavez in devastating fashion trust me no middleweight will want to fight him for sure forcing him to move up.
3. The ward fight will happen ward sitting at home right now hating begging for a payday imagine ward Chavez that's a horrible fight ward wins via UD the fight we are going to see can be fight of the yr. ward needs to get off his super 6 high horse he ain't the top draw between any of these fighters.

GGG tko 10 accumulation of punishment
AZWildCat
Man this has really divided some people lol .....this should be nothing less than a sign bet scrap!
MAHDI
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2014, 08:06 PM) *
More so Julio, than Gennady. I'm wondering if TR and Team Chavez are going to get the lion's share of the purse, or are they going to do some 60/40 split.

laugh.gif

Funny, but I have Chavez winning this one. The punches wont be coming as fast as they did in the Martinez fight, and he wont have to deal with all of that movement. He'll be able to sit down on some of his shots, and hell, who knows, Chavez may be the one using his legs the most in this one.

I see where you are coming from and am inclined to see it your way. Chavez has some good well rounded skills... he can box... use his jab and his legs, but TO BEAT GGG he will have to SHIFT GEARS mentally and physically. He would have to come in the best shape of his career and be more mentally focused than he ever has been... If does not HE COULD GET BEATEN DOWN BECAUSE GGG BRINGS HIGH INTENSITY in his quest to inflict punishment---GGG is a driven fighter... mentally strong, determined and focused. His conditioning is far better than Chavez jr's yet there are some questions. Can GGG take repeated shots from a heavy handed fighter with an Iron Chin?
mrchitown
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Mar 29 2014, 02:10 AM) *
1. Sparring sessions do matter especially taking a beating like Chavez took that wasn't scripted and it was at wild card (where Chavez was training for HIS fight)
2. Why would you move up to 168 and face the top guy and #2 pound for pound fighter in your first fight? That would be just stupid. The right move is this one financially and career wise because if he stops Chavez in devastating fashion trust me no middleweight will want to fight him for sure forcing him to move up.
3. The ward fight will happen ward sitting at home right now hating begging for a payday imagine ward Chavez that's a horrible fight ward wins via UD the fight we are going to see can be fight of the yr. ward needs to get off his super 6 high horse he ain't the top draw between any of these fighters.

Well let's see maybe there's a big contingent of boxing fans who feel like both are full of shit for mentioning Ward's name and then backtracking to fight each other when one of the fighters said his focus was solely on MW...but i guess those aren't real boxing fans.

And no sparing doesn't count it's not an indication of how a fight will play out, you ask anybody reputable and anyone whose sparred and they'll tell you the same. I'm not even going to explain the factors that could've been at play in the sparring session. That's just like saying Lamont Peterson who is said to have worked Mayweather in sparring and that's like saying Spadafora's sparring session with Mayweather matters. It doesn't

And show me anything that Ward has said about this fight to indicate he's having unless your making assumptions
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 29 2014, 08:05 AM) *
Well let's see maybe there's a big contingent of boxing fans who feel like both are full of shit for mentioning Ward's name and then backtracking to fight each other when one of the fighters said his focus was solely on MW...but i guess those aren't real boxing fans.

And no sparing doesn't count it's not an indication of how a fight will play out, you ask anybody reputable and anyone whose sparred and they'll tell you the same. I'm not even going to explain the factors that could've been at play in the sparring session. That's just like saying Lamont Peterson who is said to have worked Mayweather in sparring and that's like saying Spadafora's sparring session with Mayweather matters. It doesn't

And show me anything that Ward has said about this fight to indicate he's having unless your making assumptions

I guess with the sparring logic, Spadafora could beat the breaks off of Mayweather.
Neither guy wants Ward, GGG doesn't want to be exposed for the fraud that he is (that is a bit harsh but who has he fought that warrants all the "he is a bone crusher" type of talk?) and Chavez doesn't want his feelings hurt and possibly a fight he could never recover from mentally. But, I like Jr, so I would pull for her to win.
Franchize
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Mar 29 2014, 03:10 AM) *

A. Because a lot of people are exhausted with JCC Jr and his blatant apathy and disrespect to his craft.

B. Because JCC Jr just had 2 competitive fights with Brian Vera

C. Because both herbs called out Ward only to turn bitch made

D. Because it would be nice to see someone as hungry and skilled in the ring with GGG to justify his overwhelming hype.

E. Because both guys' hype greatly exceed their resume'
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 28 2014, 09:41 PM) *
want to hear a cold fact? he is going to get more money than Bradley and this fight will be on regular HBO! lol

This is a PPV fight, and it's no secret that he'll probably have bigger paydays than Bradley. He has a fan base and a huge base of people who can't stand him...he's easily winning off of people hating. Lol

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Mar 29 2014, 10:44 AM) *
I see where you are coming from and am inclined to see it your way. Chavez has some good well rounded skills... he can box... use his jab and his legs, but TO BEAT GGG he will have to SHIFT GEARS mentally and physically. He would have to come in the best shape of his career and be more mentally focused than he ever has been... If does not HE COULD GET BEATEN DOWN BECAUSE GGG BRINGS HIGH INTENSITY in his quest to inflict punishment---GGG is a driven fighter... mentally strong, determined and focused. His conditioning is far better than Chavez jr's yet there are some questions. Can GGG take repeated shots from a heavy handed fighter with an Iron Chin?

We can meet in the middle with this, because I also agree on your point about Chavez having to shift gears mentally and physically. Chavez doesn't have much power, his stoppages come from accumulation. GGG does have power, not as much as people are giving him overwhelming credit for, but the thing is, he places his punches waaay better than Julio.

Chavez has to be first in this fight...get in and get out. Not speaking from a movement standpoint, but from a "punch, then defend" standpoint. His defense isn't all that great, but he doesn't use his face to block punches as much as he did in the past. GGG on the other hand, hasn't been hit much, because guys are so busy trying to stay away from his shots.

Hopefully, this fight brings Chavez to his senses and motivates him to get in shape and take it seriously. If not, then I agree, he'll find himself and his senses separated. For some silly reason, I see this fight going the distance. Call me crazy...
MAHDI
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 29 2014, 04:20 PM) *
This is a PPV fight, and it's no secret that he'll probably have bigger paydays than Bradley. He has a fan base and a huge base of people who can't stand him...he's easily winning off of people hating. Lol

We can meet in the middle with this, because I also agree on your point about Chavez having to shift gears mentally and physically. Chavez doesn't have much power, his stoppages come from accumulation. GGG does have power, not as much as people are giving him overwhelming credit for, but the thing is, he places his punches waaay better than Julio.

Chavez has to be first in this fight...get in and get out. Not speaking from a movement standpoint, but from a "punch, then defend" standpoint. His defense isn't all that great, but he doesn't use his face to block punches as much as he did in the past. GGG on the other hand, hasn't been hit much, because guys are so busy trying to stay away from his shots.

Hopefully, this fight brings Chavez to his senses and motivates him to get in shape and take it seriously. If not, then I agree, he'll find himself and his senses separated. For some silly reason, I see this fight going the distance. Call me crazy...

Good analysis...when I watch JR he impresses me with some of things he does.. especially when he uses his jab.... but then it he begins to fight as if he smoked a fat Blunt.. he better get his ass in supreme condition....
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 29 2014, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 29 2014, 02:07 PM) *
I guess with the sparring logic, Spadafora could beat the breaks off of Mayweather.
Neither guy wants Ward, GGG doesn't want to be exposed for the fraud that he is (that is a bit harsh but who has he fought that warrants all the "he is a bone crusher" type of talk?) and Chavez doesn't want his feelings hurt and possibly a fight he could never recover from mentally. But, I like Jr, so I would pull for her to win.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 29 2014, 02:52 PM) *
A. Because a lot of people are exhausted with JCC Jr and his blatant apathy and disrespect to his craft.

B. Because JCC Jr just had 2 competitive fights with Brian Vera

C. Because both herbs called out Ward only to turn bitch made

D. Because it would be nice to see someone as hungry and skilled in the ring with GGG to justify his overwhelming hype.

E. Because both guys' hype greatly exceed their resume'

well damn
KOpower
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 29 2014, 03:07 PM) *

I don't know...this is like the people saying Stevenson is "running" from Kovalev. Stevenson isn't going to make the fight that fans want to see, but at least he is taking on a good challenge in Hopkins. GGG isn't going to face the best at 168, but at least he is taking on a good challenge in JCCJR. For the record, I don't have any problem with what Stevenson did. I think he did what was best for him and he is still going to make a good/important fight if he ends up facing Hopkins. I say the same thing for GGG here. I think Ward is obviously the best at 168, but if GGG is going to "avoid" him by moving up, at least he will be taking on a good challenge in JCCJR for bigger money.

Eventually I think we WILL see Ward-GGG at 168 and it could be a really good fight. Ward is a fantastic fighter but he has to get going with his career.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.