Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Richard Shaf to TMT
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingStill#1
With things going quickly south for Shaffer and his relationship with Oscar, and his and Mayweathers interest in joining Mayweather Promotions, could we be seeing another cold war in boxing.. Bhop backing seemingly.

If he makes that move to Mayweather Promotions, him and Al Haymon could corner the market. So Haymon already adding to his stable big name, after big name,.. if Shaffer moves, fighters are soon to follow imo.

Oscars move to make a mends with Bob could be starting an even bigger segregation.. yikes
KOpower
I could see Schaefer and Haymon starting their own business, but not joining Mayweather's team. I do agree that a new cold war could develop...and that is not good for boxing. I don't want to see 3 different promotion companies all making mostly in-house fights. That just won't be good. I think it is inevitable though.
mitukczuk
Do we have some detailed information about the Oscar x Richard relationship? To me, Rich's possible departure from GB is big news!
klonopinz
ell this is a good thing in a way, because golden boy ould be split in half, and wed finally be able to see matchups weve been dreamng about, on the other hand, haymons company would be the new top rank with all haymons fighters having to fight eachother, because they wont ork ith bob/oscar. this might get very ugly.
mrchitown
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 2 2014, 02:52 AM) *
Do we have some detailed information about the Oscar x Richard relationship? To me, Rich's possible departure from GB is big news!

If you mean how did this situation start then check these articles out

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-boxing-news/a-golden-rift

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/floyd-mayweat...-082722406.html

If you mean how they hooked up to be friends and partners and all that stuff. De La Hoya brought Scheafer in at some point, can't remember if it was after or before he left Arum but I think it was right around the time he was leaving. When he started GB, it was kinda the same sceneraio, Schafer was there to over see the finances and he ws managing the fighters, which almost reminds me of the Haymon situation and it could be a possible joint effort

Here's a detailed hsitory on Oscar and Schaefer

http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing-news/...lden-boy-empire
mitukczuk
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 2 2014, 12:40 PM) *
If you mean how did this situation start then check these articles out

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-boxing-news/a-golden-rift

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/floyd-mayweat...-082722406.html

If you mean how they hooked up to be friends and partners and all that stuff. De La Hoya brought Scheafer in at some point, can't remember if it was after or before he left Arum but I think it was right around the time he was leaving. When he started GB, it was kinda the same sceneraio, Schafer was there to over see the finances and he ws managing the fighters, which almost reminds me of the Haymon situation and it could be a possible joint effort

Here's a detailed hsitory on Oscar and Schaefer

http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing-news/...lden-boy-empire

Thanks chi. I am familiar with how Rich and ODH got together but I was unaware of the rift. Thanks for all those links, I'll look into it when I get home.

EDIT: Ok, basically.....nothing new. Everyone knows Oscar plays second fiddle. It's kinda sad but that's what you get for having so many fuck ups.
mgrover
I don't see shafs issue with Bob Arum now, as much as I hate Arum, other promoters wish they could do what he does. Put on terrible undercards, strong arm fighters, etc etc. Shaefers jealous he couldn't do that for shit. I mean Arum makes a shit ton of money from very little, especially since hes taking a ton of money from the figters.
Dolimite
According to boxingscene.com De La Hoya went Arum's house for a meeting. Oscar said he wants to bury the hatched. Oscar wants control of his company. I alsob thinks he wants to embarrass Floyd by making the Canelo and Pac match up. He knows that will make a shit tone of money at the same time proving Floyd was ducking Manny the whole time.
klonopinz
what weight would this fight be at? 152 again? i just dont see it happening. canelos like a middlweight now, he was huge in the angulo fight. hes just too big for pacquiao.
mrchitown
QUOTE (klonopinz @ May 2 2014, 07:48 PM) *
what weight would this fight be at? 152 again? i just dont see it happening. canelos like a middlweight now, he was huge in the angulo fight. hes just too big for pacquiao.

That would be slaughter, and Pacquiao's last fights. He'd get Hatton'd lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 2 2014, 01:06 PM) *
Thanks chi. I am familiar with how Rich and ODH got together but I was unaware of the rift. Thanks for all those links, I'll look into it when I get home.

EDIT: Ok, basically.....nothing new. Everyone knows Oscar plays second fiddle. It's kinda sad but that's what you get for having so many fuck ups.

No problem

This little back and forth at least IMO is bad for business. Hopkins has sided with Schaefer and Oscar is meeting with Arum. I hope a resolution can be reached between Oscar and Schaefer because they have history but somebody's going to have to give
mitukczuk
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 3 2014, 12:12 AM) *
No problem

This little back and forth at least IMO is bad for business. Hopkins has sided with Schaefer and Oscar is meeting with Arum. I hope a resolution can be reached between Oscar and Schaefer because they have history but somebody's going to have to give

I don't think they will settle it peacefuly. Given that Oscar is STILL butthurt over his loss to Mayweather, I think his head will not allow him to just...get over it and smile. I think we are on the edge of yet another cold war.
mrchitown
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 3 2014, 10:06 AM) *
I don't think they will settle it peacefuly. Given that Oscar is STILL butthurt over his loss to Mayweather, I think his head will not allow him to just...get over it and smile. I think we are on the edge of yet another cold war.

I hope not because there's too much mess going on right now. Part of the reasons boxing isn't where it should be is encaustic of this feud between GB and TR. One more will hurt the sport even more
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 3 2014, 05:18 PM) *
I hope not because there's too much mess going on right now. Part of the reasons boxing isn't where it should be is encaustic of this feud between GB and TR. One more will hurt the sport even more

Most of GB Are managed by Al Haymon. So if there is a split then what?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 3 2014, 08:26 PM) *
Most of GB Are managed by Al Haymon. So if there is a split then what?

We have to see how many are under contract, you not gon bully your way out of a contract just because you wanna go to greener pasture. Ask Guerrero and Ward how that worked out for them
klonopinz
from what oscar was saying in his interview with the media post fight, alot of the fighters we thought are signed to golden boy are actually signed to only al haymon, so if they did split up, i bet half of the fighters, and most fo the good fighters would be history from golden boy. i think theyres a much better chance of oscar and richard working things out then the company splitting up, but who knows hat the future holds.
mrchitown
QUOTE (klonopinz @ May 4 2014, 02:53 PM) *
from what oscar was saying in his interview with the media post fight, alot of the fighters we thought are signed to golden boy are actually signed to only al haymon, so if they did split up, i bet half of the fighters, and most fo the good fighters would be history from golden boy. i think theyres a much better chance of oscar and richard working things out then the company splitting up, but who knows hat the future holds.

Probably so but Haymon is just an adviser, he'd have to from a promotional company to do that...and ODLH is still FOS...he tweet enough and responded to enough interviews in yrs past to know that his company deals with a lot of a Haymon fighters. He knew, he just got his head stuck up Canelo's ass. I don't believe for one second he didn't know
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.