Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Mayweather Vs. Maidana-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Jack 1000
Follow all the action and post-fight reactions to the Mayweather-Maidana fight here. All comments about the fight MUST be in this thread. NO NEW THREADS ABOUT THE FIGHT ARE TO BE CREATED. ANYONE WHO MAKES A NEW THREAD FOR THE FIGHT WILL FACE CONSEQUENCES SUCH AS BEING CONSIDERED A TROLL OR HAVING THEIR ACCOUNT SUSPENDED. THIS POLICY APPLIES EVEN IF MAIDANA SHOCKS THE WORLD AND WINS. EVERYTHING GOES INSIDE THIS THREAD!

ADDITIONALLY, NO PUBLIC STREAMS ARE PERMITTED ON THE FORUMS! YOU MAY ONLY SUBMIT STREAMS VIA EMAIL OR PM!

Jack

Administrator
mitukczuk
Should I stay awake until 5am (it's 10pm here in the Czech Republic) or set an alarm, go to sleep now and watch it? Sometimes, living outside the US sucks !!

Maidana will not shock the world, but he will have his moments I think. Floyd by UD..112-116 or something like that.
DigitalBoom
Over 10-1 odds and this whole thing about the gloves...I'll bite the bait..Maidana for the win. Five days ago I would've gone with Floyd but the last few days seeing the odds, remembering that funny scorecard in the canelo fight. I don't have a good feeling about this fight, mostly due to the now what 18-1 odds. I'll go against the grain on this one, you never know.
Dolimite
I can't believe some fans are defending Maidana's gloves. I have a weird feeling about this fight. I like May but shit is just weird.
jtiizzle
mayweather TKO 10
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 3 2014, 04:48 PM) *
I can't believe some fans are defending Maidana's gloves. I have a weird feeling about this fight. I like May but shit is just weird.

That feeling is there for me as well. I think that Golden Boy may be looking for some new blood, something dramatic, something to get people really excited about boxing. And who is more exciting to these young people than Marcos Maidana? Think about the perspectives if Mayweather wins, as expected, there are other opponents out there, but not without going through politics and bullshit to even get there. Or even within the stable. The winner of Khan-Molina? Yuck The only thing might be the winner between Thurman and Porter. Neither has that experiance to deal with Floyd. Besides, waiting a year between Floyd's opponents presents a challenge. Floyd is running out of big money makers to fight. Note that a superfight with Manny will never happen because of Arum.

Maidana will bitz, and I just don't know if Floyd's heart is into boxing as it once was. When you do your best for so many years and have achieved that status as one of the great fighters of your era, there comes a point in time where the intensity is no longer there. I would feel better about Maidana's chances if his brawls were not such a life and death struggle. Even if Marcos were to win, he still does not have the chin, the defense, or the natural boxing ability to be in this for the long haul. I'll stick to my convincing UD win for Floyd around 116-112. Maidana will charge like Castillo in the first fight and could present problems for Floyd early. He doesn't have the chin or defense of Castillo. Is there more to Marcos Maidana than a "Crude hard-punching brawler with balls?" After about the third round, Maidana's blitz opportunity is over.

Jack
DigitalBoom
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 3 2014, 05:55 PM) *
That feeling is there for me as well. I think that Golden Boy may be looking for some new blood, something dramatic, something to get people really excited about boxing. And who is more exciting to these young people than Marcos Maidana? Think about the perspectives if Mayweather wins, as expected, there are other opponents out there, but not without going through politics and bullshit to even get there. Or even within the stable. The winner of Khan-Molina? Yuck The only thing might be the winner between Thurman and Porter. Neither has that experiance to deal with Floyd. Besides, waiting a year between Floyd's opponents presents a challenge. Floyd is running out of big money makers to fight. Note that a superfight with Manny will never happen because of Arum.

Maidana will bitz, and I just don't know if Floyd's heart is into boxing as it once was. When you do your best for so many years and have achieved that status as one of the great fighters of your era, there comes a point in time where the intensity is no longer there. I would feel better about Maidana's chances if his brawls were not such a life and death struggle. Even if Marcos were to win, he still does not have the chin, the defense, or the natural boxing ability to be in this for the long haul. I'll stick to my convincing UD win for Floyd around 116-112. Maidana will charge like Castillo in the first fight and could present problems for Floyd early. He doesn't have the chin or defense of Castillo. Is there more to Marcos Maidana than a "Crude hard-punching brawler with balls?" After about the third round, Maidana's blitz opportunity is over.

Jack

Interesting way of putting it, I personally see the 18-1 as the most troubling part of this. I mean Floyd has been really good to vegas but 18-1 odds...the house would make serious serious serious money if he were to lose today. That sort of climate isn't codusive to instilling confidence on this going to the cards if he doesn't get dropped in the fight. I just don't know man, 18-1 odds is something beyond obscene. You could be right and it wouldn't take some crazy scorecard crap if his head is in it and from that last all access he seemed to be less in focus of what's ahead than I have ever seen from him. Not saying the ms jackson thing is what has him distracted, he's just never talked so much about the future with a fight coming up, it's unlike him to do so.
TheCritics
so if Floyd puts 100 Million on Maidana to win and loses, what's his rake? 1.8 Billion?
Gambit808
Sup y'all, it's been brought to my attention in another post about some confusion going on with how the prediction league has been handled as of late, ever since I took a shot in the dark and allowed predictions to count for basically any fight an individual was knowledgable about a couple weeks back, weather it be Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays. The original idea was to only count Saturday Night Fights/Sig Bets/PPV that would be showcased on either Showtime/HBO, there by making it fair to those who aren't as knowledgable of certain fighters or because it ain't so easy for those to tune in BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. So, so that we don't add to anymore confusion, I think the original idea to count only Saturday night televised events are the way to go.

If the original idea isn't enough to keep things fair enough for everyone else to compete, then by all means, next year you can set your own rules. Predictions list will be up in a minute FHC, thank you again for participating.
TheCritics
22-1-0 on saturday picks, no FNFs/debuts/weekdays over here
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 3 2014, 02:55 PM) *

Jack

I don't see Maidana being able to physically keep up with Floyd.

What sup with the glove situation and what is your take on it. They tried to cheat and got caught.
Jovi
The 18-1 odds and the whole glove situation is very fishy, but at this point i'm not surprised people want Mayweather to lose. When you're at the top, no one is satisfied and everyone wants to see you fall.

I still got Mayweather by TKO 7th or 8th round. Amazing Performance, highlight reel type fight. Maidana is no easy customer but Mayweather's performance is usually reflective of how good his opponent; which is why the Canelo fight was such a good performance.

And i have Collazo beating Khan.

Plah
Love UD, Collazo SD, Broner TKO, Floyd TKO
aTYpicalTYrant
My Picks
Mayweather win via TKO Round 10
Khan wins via Unanimous Decision
Broner wins via KO round 5
BigFightFan
Tonight's action

Collazo by UD
Broner TKO
Floyd UD
Love UD
BoxingEinstein

I'm going with oh what the hell this time. ..

Maidana TKO 12

Broner UD

Khan SD

Periban TKO
Gambit808
TEAM MAYWEATHER
Gambit808 (by TKO)
AZWildCat (by TKO)
TheCritics (by UD)
klonopinz (by UD)
mitukczuk (by UD)
jtiizzle (by TKO)
Jovi (by TKO)
Plah (by TKO)
aTYpicalTYrant (by TKO)
BigFightFan (by UD)
The Original MrFactor (by TKO)
KSUN247 (by UD)
mgrover
Dolimite (by TKO)
mrchitown (by UD)

VS.

TEAM MAIDANA
DigitalBoom
BoxingEinstein (by TKO)
Cshel86 (by TKO)

TEAM KHAN
Gambit808 (by TKO)
AZWildCat (by UD)
TheCritics (by UD)
klonopinz (by UD)
mrchitown (by UD)
aTYpicalTYrant (by UD)
BoxingEinstein (by SD)
mgrover
Cshel86

VS.

TEAM COLLAZO
Jovi
Plah (by SD)
BigFightFan (by UD)
The Original MrFactor (by TKO)
KSUN247 (by TKO)
Dolimite (by UD)

TEAM BRONER
Gambit808 (by UD)
AZWildCat (by TKO)
TheCritics (by UD)
klonopinz (by TKO)
mrchitown (by TKO)
Plah (by TKO)
aTYpicalTYrant (by KO)
BigFightFan (TKO)
BoxingEinstein (by UD)
The Original MrFactor
KSUN247 (by TKO)
mgrover
Dolimite (by KO)
Cshel86 (by TKO)

VS.

TEAM MOLINA

TEAM LOVE
Gambit808 (by SD)
AZWildCat (by SD)
TheCritics (by SD)
klonopinz (by SD)
mrchitown (by UD)
Plah (by UD)
BigFightFan (by UD)
The Original MrFactor
KSUN247 (by UD)
mgrover
Dolimite (by UD)

VS.

TEAM PERIBAN
BoxingEinstein (by TKO)
klonopinz
i wont be surprised if collazo whoops khan, but im going againts my gut feeling on this just because im hoping khan ill bounce back and give floyd an opponent for the fall.
The Original MrFactor
Mayweather TKO 9
Collazo TKO 11
Broner D12
Love D12
KSUN247
Posted my predictions in another thread, but can't find it. Slight change with Broker.

Mayweather by UD
Collazo by TKO
Broner by TKO
Love by UD
mgrover
khan
mayweather
broner
love
klonopinz
so im mayweather ud
broner tko
khan ud
love sd
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 3 2014, 07:02 PM) *
I don't see Maidana being able to physically keep up with Floyd.

What sup with the glove situation and what is your take on it. They tried to cheat and got caught.

The glove thing I think is little more than hype to drum up interest in the fight as Maidana is not a big draw to the general public, as say Delahoya, Cotto, or Canelo.

Jack
Dolimite
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ May 3 2014, 04:36 PM) *
TEAM MAYWEATHER
Gambit808 (by TKO)
AZWildCat (by TKO)
TheCritics (by UD)
klonopinz (by UD)
mitukczuk (by UD)
jtiizzle (by TKO)
Jovi (by TKO)
Plah (by TKO)
aTYpicalTYrant (by TKO)
BigFightFan (by UD)

VS.

TEAM MAIDANA
DigitalBoom
BoxingEinstein (by TKO)

TEAM KHAN
Gambit808 (by TKO)
AZWildCat (by UD)
TheCritics (by UD)
klonopinz (by UD)
mrchitown (by UD)
aTYpicalTYrant (by UD)
BoxingEinstein (by SD)

VS.

TEAM COLLAZO
Jovi
Plah (by SD)
BigFightFan (by UD)

TEAM BRONER
Gambit808 (by UD)
AZWildCat (by TKO)
TheCritics (by UD)
klonopinz (by TKO)
mrchitown (by TKO)
Plah (by TKO)
aTYpicalTYrant (by KO)
BigFightFan (TKO)
BoxingEinstein (by UD)

VS.

TEAM MOLINA

TEAM LOVE
Gambit808 (by SD)
AZWildCat (by SD)
TheCritics (by SD)
klonopinz (by SD)
mrchitown (by UD)
Plah (by UD)
BigFightFan (by UD)

VS.

TEAM PERIBAN
BoxingEinstein (by TKO)

Love Ud
BRONER KO
Collazo UD
Mayweather TKO
Cshel86
Broner by TKO
Khan by ugly decision
Madiana by TKO....yes, tonight is the night
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 3 2014, 05:19 PM) *
Broner by TKO
Khan by ugly decision
Madiana by TKO....yes, tonight is the night

Whoa! Explain that last pick. I'm feeling odd about this fight. But I'm never bet against Mayweather since Judah.
Cshel86
Periban aint no hoe!!! Straight kicking Love's ass in the 3rd

Are those pleated trunks that Periban has on...them bitches are wide leg trunks or somethin
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 3 2014, 05:25 PM) *
Periban aint no hoe!!! Straight kicking Love's ass in the 3rd

Are those pleated trunks that Periban has on...them bitches are wide leg trunks or somethin

I got it 2-1 Love
mrchitown
I'm going to go with Mayweather by UD
mrchitown
Damn, I ain't even sniffed the location I'm watching the fight at yet.smh, I got to drove all the ya into the heart of downtown Chicago so I'm about to miss another 30-40mins
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 3 2014, 05:30 PM) *
Damn, I ain't even sniffed the location I'm watching the fight at yet.smh, I got to drove all the ya into the heart of downtown Chicago so I'm about to miss another 30-40mins

You ain't missing shit. Love just got knocked down.
Cshel86
Love is hurt and down in the 5th...bout to go
KSUN247
Love got worked in the 5th.
Dolimite
Nice recovery by Love, Periban needs to press Love, he is letting him off!
Gambit808
I'm impressed that Love was able to stay in the fight and get himself back in the fight after difficulties. That's what champions do.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ May 3 2014, 06:38 PM) *
I'm impressed that Love was able to stay in the fight and get himself back in the fight after difficulties. That's what champions do.

You get my picks?
Cshel86
Damn, I'm 5-6-1 with my picks???

#SadderDay

drag.gif
Gambit808
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 3 2014, 09:39 PM) *
You get my picks?

Yup
mgrover
no idea this was going to happen. but am here, am relaxed. all liquered up laugh.gif
TheCritics
Love beats absolutely no top 168 guy, they should've kept him at 160 for Quillin and Jacobs
Dolimite
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ May 3 2014, 05:41 PM) *
Yup

Where you been! Wise guy!

Periban is fucking up. He has let Love reestablish himself.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 3 2014, 09:41 PM) *
Damn, I'm 5-6-1 with my picks???

#SadderDay

drag.gif

Still picking dangerously I see lol. Can't knock that though, it spices things up.
Cshel86
Why does Love feel the need to stretch out his boring ass fights??? He's either getting his ass kicked, or boring us to death.
mgrover
Can't see Love beat Groves or Froch, both would murder him IMO
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ May 3 2014, 09:44 PM) *
Still picking dangerously I see lol. Can't knock that though, it spices things up.

Bad to the bone...

*plays air guitar*
Dolimite
Is Oscar boycotting his own event? What a mess.

This is a pretty good fight.
Cshel86
This damn ring us HUGE...gotta be close to 24 ft
Gambit808
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 3 2014, 09:42 PM) *
Where you been! Wise guy!

Periban is fucking up. He has let Love reestablish himself.

Workin, school and getting the wheels rollin to own my own barbershop HOPEFULLY by the end of the summer. I know I've been M.I.A. but I still read off this site everyday if I don't comment.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ May 3 2014, 05:48 PM) *
Workin, school and getting the wheels rollin to own my own barbershop HOPEFULLY by the end of the summer. I know I've been M.I.A. but I still read off this site everyday if I don't comment.

Alright bruh! Business first. I dig. I might have to come in for a line up.
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 3 2014, 09:46 PM) *
Can't see Love beat Groves or Froch, both would murder him IMO

Two interesting names you bring up. I'd say he has a better chance against Groves at this point in his career.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.