Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adrian Broner Suspended by WBC for Racist Comments (Credit-Bleacher Report)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Bleacher Report reports that Adrian Boner has faced suspension by the WBC for his remarks following the Molina fight:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2055274...sitive-comments

While I support free speech, racist remarks like the ones Mr. Broner made are not acceptable, and should face some consequences. I don't think any apology from Broner is going to mean shit. He is such a thug and a POS. You would think the loss to Maidana would have made him more mature, This guy is such an insensitive moronic clod!

Mayweather before his prison turn around and excellent behavior improvements. He was never as bad as Broner. I don't know where you draw the line with this guy? Is he an example of cold-conceited arrogence where he has to be a character, or just an idiot? He is sure making himself look like an idiot.

Jack
bnoles4life
While in extremely poor taste, he didn't say anything racist. He basically said, "I'll fight anyone and beat them", then went to list the different ethnicities...that is, of course, until Jim Gray had a Pete Rose flashback.....

Now, I'll cut some of you cowboys off at the pass....had he ONLY went at Mexicans and more importantly, called them a slur, I'd be all on board. Furthermore, if a white guy had said the same thing and went at his own culture/nationality, too, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's his schtick, no matter how juvenile it may have been, it wasn't racist. If anything, it was INCLUSIVE....as in "any and everyone can get that @$$ taxed."

This, IMO, is a preemptive suspension...meaning, they KNOW he's gonna say something uber Eff'd up in the VERY near future, they saw this as him testing the "boundaries". They can't outright suspended him from being a dickhead, so this was the best course of action.
mgrover
i couldnt see a massive issue with what he said, but then again in the UK we have an issue with a tv presenter called jeremy Clarkson to do with racism
MAHDI
The comments were similar to When Macho Camacho about 30 years ago after a fight said...he would fight so and so.. then he said, "All them niggers"... LMAO

Broner was not being racist
Dolimite
What he said was stupid, not racist
Cshel86
I can't necessarily deem his idiotic remarks, as racist remarks. Maybe his stupid face, annoying Kevin Hart voice, and his future intent to exhibit silly behaviors, is what drove them to suspend him.

As Bnoles mentioned, it seemed like Broner was testing to waters, just to see how much room he had to be ignorant. I can tell he was warming up, after the Desean Jackson and Michael Vick comments, which ended with, "Fuck the fight, we already had that won" (or something to that effect).

Slowly, but surely, that "humbleness" that he claimed, died a quick death. Let's not forget how much of a dick Jim Gray is though...he isn't completely off the hook, period. I mean, he's just about as much of a jerk as Merchant was. For f*ck's sake, he wouldn't even let Marcos advertise his Argentinian Moon Pie, or whatever tha hell that was.

Broner's just the prized prick of boxing, period...glad they're at least trying to get a handle on it. For a guy that royally got his ass kicked months ago, was made fun of across the net, and was put back in the ring with a bum...you'd think that he would at least act like somebody with two brain cells to rub together...at least for a little while.

Anyway, I can't expect anybody to act the way I want them to act...it's unrealistic and is usually a letdown. That's how he acts, that's how he draws attention, nothing I can do. However, to say that you "just beat tha F*CK out of a Mexican", was right up Broner's alley...tasteless, but not racist.

My thing is, if you're gonna be as quiet as a church mouse after you get your ass kicked, then don't be a raging chatterbox-of-a-cunt after you beat a no hoper.
mrchitown
That was in no sense of the word racist, it's funny that everybody is up and arms about this but where was the critics when he said it before. Everyone knows I'm a big fan of Broner and he's said that 4 or 5 times. Going all the way back to when he was on HBO. Now he's racist, FOH!

I'd venture to call the WBC as an organization racis but I won't, I'll just say their baised, let's not act like they want the n****'s with their green belts around their waist. The WBC will do anyhting to keep their champions of hispanic decent. Should I lobby for them to be suspended in some form or fashion? I find this hypocritical from an organization who has a history of doing such. What he did was use it in the wrong setting, in the proper setting what he said may have had a different effect but the venue and the pplatform Broner chose to use it on was off. When he said it before I nor anyone else had a problem with it, now it's a problem? If I was him or advising him, I'd tell him don't apologize for shit because you ain't say nothing wrong. It's plenty of other sanctioning bodies out there he can fight for, f*ck the WBC

BandCamp!!!
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 8 2014, 06:48 AM) *
I can't necessarily deem his idiotic remarks, as racist remarks. Maybe his stupid face, annoying Kevin Hart voice, and his future intent to exhibit silly behaviors, is what drove them to suspend him.

As Bnoles mentioned, it seemed like Broner was testing to waters, just to see how much room he had to be ignorant. I can tell he was warming up, after the Desean Jackson and Michael Vick comments, which ended with, "Fuck the fight, we already had that won" (or something to that effect).

Slowly, but surely, that "humbleness" that he claimed, died a quick death. Let's not forget how much of a dick Jim Gray is though...he isn't completely off the hook, period. I mean, he's just about as much of a jerk as Merchant was. For f*ck's sake, he wouldn't even let Marcos advertise his Argentinian Moon Pie, or whatever tha hell that was.

Broner's just the prized prick of boxing, period...glad they're at least trying to get a handle on it. For a guy that royally got his ass kicked months ago, was made fun of across the net, and was put back in the ring with a bum...you'd think that he would at least act like somebody with two brain cells to rub together...at least for a little while.

Anyway, I can't expect anybody to act the way I want them to act...it's unrealistic and is usually a letdown. That's how he acts, that's how he draws attention, nothing I can do. However, to say that you "just beat tha F*CK out of a Mexican", was right up Broner's alley...tasteless, but not racist.

My thing is, if you're gonna be as quiet as a church mouse after you get your ass kicked, then don't be a raging chatterbox-of-a-cunt after you beat a no hoper.

First off, lay off D Jax and Vick! My two favorite players. Jax got railroad because the Eagles didn't want to pay em. So all of a sudden after 6 years Jax is an active Insane Crip gangsta?

More bad news for Broner. The chic he did the sex tape with is suing him... Broner isn't a racist just dumb. He doesn't know when to calm down. It wasn't like his performance was that great. I don't think he was ever humbled. Jim Gray's expression was funny. "Come on has some class" lol.

At first I thought Broner was acting but I honestly think this is how he is.
AZWildCat
racist no out of line YES....the boy needed some disapline anyway
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 8 2014, 10:51 AM) *
That was in no sense of the word racist, it's funny that everybody is up and arms about this but where was the critics when he said it before. Everyone knows I'm a big fan of Broner and he's said that 4 or 5 times. Going all the way back to when he was on HBO. Now he's racist, FOH!

I'd venture to call the WBC as an organization racis but I won't, I'll just say their baised, let's not act like they want the n****'s with their green belts around their waist. The WBC will do anyhting to keep their champions of hispanic decent. Should I lobby for them to be suspended in some form or fashion? I find this hypocritical from an organization who has a history of doing such. What he did was use it in the wrong setting, in the proper setting what he said may have had a different effect but the venue and the pplatform Broner chose to use it on was off. When he said it before I nor anyone else had a problem with it, now it's a problem? If I was him or advising him, I'd tell him don't apologize for shit because you ain't say nothing wrong. It's plenty of other sanctioning bodies out there he can fight for, f*ck the WBC

BandCamp!!!

He has said that at least 4 times, but I think the stinger was the, "I just beat tha F*CK out of a Mexican". It just didn't look good...seemed real unsportsmanlike, but that's about it.

I just feel that the term "racist" has been thrown around waaaay too much, and used loosely. I believe it's one of those terms that people use, in place of admitting that "their feelings are hurt"...to avoid ridicule.

Just like the word "classic" has been used waaaay too loosely in the hip-hop community. At the end of the day, it's subjective (in most cases), and it's one of those things that not everybody is gonna be pleased with, regardless of the disciplinary outcome. Some people cry racism, when racist things aren't even said, it's usually a new policy or whatnot, that's being set in place. At that point, when some people feel that they can't advance (amidst of the new changes), they'll swear that it was designed to "hold them back", which also equates to "racism" in their eyes.

As most would agree, Broner is a jerk, but I can only commend him for not going as far as saying something about the gay/lesbian/TG community...nooooobody would wanna hear them pissing & moaning about the stuff they pick and choose to cry about.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 8 2014, 10:59 AM) *
First off, lay off D Jax and Vick! My two favorite players. Jax got railroad because the Eagles didn't want to pay em. So all of a sudden after 6 years Jax is an active Insane Crip gangsta?

More bad news for Broner. The chic he did the sex tape with is suing him... Broner isn't a racist just dumb. He doesn't know when to calm down. It wasn't like his performance was that great. I don't think he was ever humbled. Jim Gray's expression was funny. "Come on has some class" lol.

At first I thought Broner was acting but I honestly think this is how he is.

Screw them! Jackson's an idiot for the stuff he's affiliated with, and truthfully, if things get tougher for him (outside of the field), he wont have enough money to get himself out of the things that he's involved in. He was crying about his contract in 2011, so he had to see that coming. Looks like the Eagles is about to be a white team...just peep the roster. Lol

As for Vick...he's still one of those talented QB's I've seen (in MY life), but he gets paid too much for his body to fail on him like this...dude's body is about as strong that the crumbs at the bottom of a Dorito bag...same with Amendola.

Oh yes, that cheap broad is trying to stick Broner for $30k...needless to say, she isn't the smartest flatbacker (read: woman who lays on her back and sticks a dude for his money), because anybody else would've at least gone for $250k.

I agree, his performance wasn't that great. I cant see why Gray was asking for some class from Broner, when he himself, is more of a jerk, than anything.
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ May 8 2014, 11:30 AM) *

Ay ay ay, watch out there now...I don't like the way you said, "boy"...sounds like racism to me.

drag.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ May 8 2014, 04:30 PM) *

I think if the Maidana beat down didn't do it, nothing will
Hotsauce
this is because of the Donald sterling situation, right?
thehype
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 8 2014, 03:02 AM) *
While I support free speech, racist remarks like the ones Mr. Broner made are not acceptable, and should face some consequences. I don't think any apology from Broner is going to mean shit. He is such a thug and a POS. You would think the loss to Maidana would have made him more mature, This guy is such an insensitive moronic clod!

"I just beat the fuck out of a Mexican!"

There was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING RACIST in this comment.

It seems like A LOT of people who genuinely don't like Adrien Broner are blowing things out of proportion. Had he pulled a Freddie Roach and said "I just beat a FUCKIN' MEXICAN", then MAYBE I'd understand the anger, but he didn't say that at all. Essentially, he just said, "I just beat a Mexican", which falls in line with his "Anybody CAN get it" shtick.

Ultimately, people appear to be up in arms with his words "the fuck out of", but last time I checked, that's not racist at all.

Personally, I'm FAR MORE upset about the fact that in today's society, people don't even really know what REAL racism is and they're condemning this kid based on personal hatred as opposed to factual information.

AZWildCat
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ May 8 2014, 08:30 AM) *

and i change that cause if chino said that had he beat floyd or froch had he beat ward people would have been complaining
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 8 2014, 10:59 AM) *
Ay ay ay, watch out there now...I don't like the way you said, "boy"...sounds like racism to me.

drag.gif

I'm in tears! Lmao
checkleft
QUOTE (MAHDI @ May 8 2014, 07:36 AM) *
The comments were similar to When Macho Camacho about 30 years ago after a fight said...he would fight so and so.. then he said, "All them niggers"... LMAO

Broner was not being racist

Camacho said "niggas", very different context...
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 8 2014, 09:27 AM) *
What he said was stupid, not racist

this, new wbc prez just trying save face with Latinos.
checkleft
Btw jim gray needs to stfu, if I pay 70+$$$ for a fight I wanna hear what a fighter has to say no matter how stupid, vulgar, or racist it may be. Let the fighter suffer the consequences after dont try to play the hall monitor.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 8 2014, 08:58 AM) *
Screw them! Jackson's an idiot for the stuff he's affiliated with, and truthfully, if things get tougher for him (outside of the field), he wont have enough money to get himself out of the things that he's involved in. He was crying about his contract in 2011, so he had to see that coming. Looks like the Eagles is about to be a white team...just peep the roster. Lol

As for Vick...he's still one of those talented QB's I've seen (in MY life), but he gets paid too much for his body to fail on him like this...dude's body is about as strong that the crumbs at the bottom of a Dorito bag...same with Amendola.

Oh yes, that cheap broad is trying to stick Broner for $30k...needless to say, she isn't the smartest flatbacker (read: woman who lays on her back and sticks a dude for his money), because anybody else would've at least gone for $250k.

I agree, his performance wasn't that great. I cant see why Gray was asking for some class from Broner, when he himself, is more of a jerk, than anything.

30k? She must want a new used car!

Vick is my guy. I draft him every year in my fantasy league. As my number 2 qb of course.
mgrover
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 8 2014, 09:29 PM) *
Btw jim gray needs to stfu, if I pay 70+$$$ for a fight I wanna hear what a fighter has to say no matter how stupid, vulgar, or racist it may be. Let the fighter suffer the consequences after dont try to play the hall monitor.

you just payed $70++ for a "sparring session". I don't know what business the Broner fight had being on that card tbh, or atleast vs Molina.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 8 2014, 10:51 AM) *
He has said that at least 4 times, but I think the stinger was the, "I just beat tha F*CK out of a Mexican". It just didn't look good...seemed real unsportsmanlike, but that's about it.

I just feel that the term "racist" has been thrown around waaaay too much, and used loosely. I believe it's one of those terms that people use, in place of admitting that "their feelings are hurt"...to avoid ridicule.

Just like the word "classic" has been used waaaay too loosely in the hip-hop community. At the end of the day, it's subjective (in most cases), and it's one of those things that not everybody is gonna be pleased with, regardless of the disciplinary outcome. Some people cry racism, when racist things aren't even said, it's usually a new policy or whatnot, that's being set in place. At that point, when some people feel that they can't advance (amidst of the new changes), they'll swear that it was designed to "hold them back", which also equates to "racism" in their eyes.

As most would agree, Broner is a jerk, but I can only commend him for not going as far as saying something about the gay/lesbian/TG community...nooooobody would wanna hear them pissing & moaning about the stuff they pick and choose to cry about.

That's my issue with it, why wasn't it racist before but now it's racist? He was playing on the Can aspect, like Afri-Can, Mexi-Can and so forth. I don't think it's suspension worthy but liek I said the WBC should take a look in the mirror before they call anyone racist. We all know who they want their belts to go to.

But on the other hand, Broner just doesn't know when to let up, he's going to end up in deeper troubles in and outside the ring if he doesn't get it together
TheCritics
bottom line, his schtick is wack and needed a slap... while I didn't find it to be racist, I did find it uncalled for on a Mexican holiday in front of the exact same fans you will be looking for support from in the future

"I just beat the EF outta a Molina" --- Broner re-mix (even though his performance was meh)
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 8 2014, 07:44 PM) *
you just payed $70++ for a "sparring session". I don't know what business the Broner fight had being on that card tbh, or atleast vs Molina.

either way, boxers are entertainers. Jim seems to be trying to overshadow them, let the motherfuckers speak for god sake. I dont dont give a fuck what jim wants to hear or not hear. Dude is turning into Larry merchant
mgrover
QUOTE (checkleft @ May 9 2014, 04:27 AM) *
either way, boxers are entertainers. Jim seems to be trying to overshadow them, let the motherfuckers speak for god sake. I dont dont give a fuck what jim wants to hear or not hear. Dude is turning into Larry merchant

I suppose Jim Gray is trying to keep his network respectable.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 11 2014, 10:07 AM) *

I can agree to an extent, and guys like Broner need to be censored to a degree. However, this is premium TV...something that we pay extra money, monthly. Boxing comes on when? Over here, it starts between 9 and 10 pm...nobody but adults need to be up watching tv...put the kiddos to sleep.

On top of that, if we're paying $75 for a PPV, I wanna hear what everybody has to say, regardless of what Gray wants to hear, or the fact that he's trying to keep the network respectable. At one point, Showtime was VERY respectable...with low ratings. Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 11 2014, 09:07 AM) *

What? You must not be familiar with Jim Gray lol. This is the guy who tried to embarrass Pete Rose, this is the guy who sucks off Kobe and defended him when he was bitching and moaning about Shaq instead of admitting he couldn't get the p*ssy wet so he caught a rape charge. This is the guy who got remove from golf coverage because of a confrontation, like he's a fucking 2yr old...Gray isn't protecting his network cuz he don't have one lol, and he wasn't protecting Showtime either, he was just being a journalist which is usually along the lines of being a prick. There's no differed between him and Broner. Look into his past and it's obvious
mgrover
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 13 2014, 06:45 AM) *
What? You must not be familiar with Jim Gray lol. This is the guy who tried to embarrass Pete Rose, this is the guy who sucks off Kobe and defended him when he was bitching and moaning about Shaq instead of admitting he couldn't get the p*ssy wet so he caught a rape charge. This is the guy who got remove from golf coverage because of a confrontation, like he's a fucking 2yr old...Gray isn't protecting his network cuz he don't have one lol, and he wasn't protecting Showtime either, he was just being a journalist which is usually along the lines of being a prick. There's no differed between him and Broner. Look into his past and it's obvious

We don't really have showtime here so laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 13 2014, 08:42 AM) *
We don't really have showtime here so laugh.gif

Damn laugh.gif
daprofessor
what he said was not racist...but i blame hbo. they created the monster. they lead him to believe his bullshit is marketable. it's not. i didn't watch his fight. i have no interest in seeing him fight unless he rematches maidana.

i have more problem with him letting his mom live in the hood while he's flushing money down the toilet than what he said. eating stripper coochie was kind of foul...but i didn't watch that shit. lol. he's a clown. i'm waiting to see him do something impressive in the ring. until then...wgara.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.