Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez vs. Alvarado: Preview and Poll
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
philly31
Is there anyone interested in this fight? I mean, it's fight week and I'm hearing little chatter about the fight. I almost forgot about it, honestly. I'm hoping Alvarado sends Marquez off to retirement convincingly tho.

Admin Note: Thanks for the post about this fight! We will make this post an official preview thread.

Jack

Administrator
mgrover
If Alvarado won, Pac has his next victim, otherwise, Marquez vs Pac 5
Jack 1000
Voted Alverado by close decision, if he fights smart. I think Marquez's best days are behind him. I think it's a 50/50 fight though.

Jack
AZWildCat
Also voted for mile high
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 12 2014, 04:51 PM) *
If Alvarado won, Pac has his next victim, otherwise, Marquez vs Pac 5

Who is going to pay to see Pac fight Mike? Honestly.
DigitalBoom
I'm pulling for Alvarado simply for the fact I do not want to see another Pacquaio vs Marquez fight..42 rounds were more than enough to get the bullshh out of their systems. If Mike is smart he uses his size and measures marquez all night with a jab, pounding him with hooks everytime he tries to come on the inside and into the pocket. Alvarado 8 rounds to 4 would be ideal.
Plah
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 12 2014, 11:09 PM) *
Who is going to pay to see Pac fight Mike? Honestly.

Thread lol
Plah
Voted for JMM, has declined a lil bit but still too skilled for Alvarado
Cshel86
Pac/Marquez V coming....

laugh.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 12 2014, 11:01 PM) *
Pac/Marquez V coming....

laugh.gif

Hahahaha!!!

Yea, I forget about HBO's pom-pom shaking for Pac-Marquez V. Alverado could get robbed. I will still vote for "Mile High." Arum can still do the fight, win or lose.

Jack
un01
QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ May 12 2014, 11:29 PM) *
I'm pulling for Alvarado simply for the fact I do not want to see another Pacquaio vs Marquez fight..42 rounds were more than enough to get the bullshh out of their systems.

If Marquez beats Alvarado, Pac vs Marquez 5

If Marquez loses to Alvarado, Pac vs Marquez 5
klonopinz
i just dont see marquez losing to mike alvarado, alvarado throws the same punches over and over, marquez will outsmart him. he doesnt have the athletic ability that bradley used to beat marquez, and he doesnt have anything that marguez hasnt seen. as long as marquez ain physicaly shot or unmotivated, should be easy. im seeing marquez-diaz and marquez-katsidis type of a fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 13 2014, 12:36 AM) *
Hahahaha!!!

Yea, I forget about HBO's pom-pom shaking for Pac-Marquez V. Alverado could get robbed. I will still vote for "Mile High." Arum can still do the fight, win or lose.

Jack

You're right, because Arum is used to matching loser vs loser anyway...there's no problem too big for good ol' Bob. I'll be out of town this weekend, so I'll have to DVR it and catch it Sunday. For some odd reason, I feel like Juan is going to show his age in this fight.
KSUN247
Who knows how Alvarado will bounce back in this fight, but I think he'll get the win. Marquez has to slow down some time and he's shown some decline in his last fight with Bradley. Think Alvarado squeaks by in a lackluster fight.
Dolimite
QUOTE (KSUN247 @ May 14 2014, 11:38 AM) *
Who knows how Alvarado will bounce back in this fight, but I think he'll get the win. Marquez has to slow down some time and he's shown some decline in his last fight with Bradley. Think Alvarado squeaks by in a lackluster fight.

According to Rob Arum, winner gets Pacquaio, so maybe the fix is in. I still don't think Juan takes the Pac fight.
mrchitown
JMM on points
littlemac
Arum better pay these judges well because a JMM loss makes another Pac JMM fight look extra shitty and honestly.....who else can Pac fight on ppv? The only viable option I can even think of is Ruslan and the numbers for that fight would likely be shit. Fight with Bradley is pointless and would be hated, fight with JMM of a loss pointless and would be hated, and Alvardo would be just as bad as Rios. Can you all think of any other options?
KSUN247
If the winner gets Manny, he's wins easily by TKO over Alvarado. Manny will probably win by UD against Marquez, but Arum is going to have to PAY him. Marquez has no motivation to fight Manny unless the $$$ is too much to ignore. Top Rank has no top talent at 147 lbs for Manny. They really need the Golden Boy/Top Rank Cold War to end. If that happens, Schaefer who basically runs GB, still won't do business with TR. And since he won't based on his previous talks, how long before De La Hoya fires him? With Al Haymon managing the majority of top talent at GB, the Cold War will basically still be on. And there still won't be anyone for Manny to fight, unless TR does business with some of the other promoters. But I doubt if any of those welterweights will be a PPV worthy fight. Maybe Manny Pacquiao won't re-up with TR when his contract expires, but I doubt that too.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (KSUN247 @ May 14 2014, 09:52 PM) *
If the winner gets Manny, he's wins easily by TKO over Alvarado. Manny will probably win by UD against Marquez, but Arum is going to have to PAY him. Marquez has no motivation to fight Manny unless the $$ is too much to ignore. Top Rank has no top talent at 147 lbs for Manny. They really need the Golden Boy/Top Rank Cold War to end. If that happens, Schaefer who basically runs GB, still won't do business with TR. And since he won't based on his previous talks, how long before De La Hoya fires him? With Al Haymon managing the majority of top talent at GB, the Cold War will basically still be on. And there still won't be anyone for Manny to fight, unless TR does business with some of the other promoters. But I doubt if any of those welterweights will be a PPV worthy fight. Maybe Manny Pacquiao won't re-up with TR when his contract expires, but I doubt that too.

Solid points,

What happens to Top Rank when Pacquiao retires from boxing? They really need the Cold War to end. However, it won't.

Jack
KSUN247
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 14 2014, 05:35 PM) *
Solid points,

What happens to Top Rank when Pacquiao retires from boxing? They really need the Cold War to end. However, it won't.

Jack

Top Rank will be hurting for a long time. That is until they sign another fan friendly guy and he becomes a star. I could see Mikey Garcia being that guy, but now he has issues with Top Rank. I think he will jump ship soon if his money isn't right.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 14 2014, 07:35 PM) *
Solid points,

Jack

Pac ain't retiring soon but the fact is if he starts losing, he mine as well retire. His star is diminishing slightly, plus, who does he have left to fight?

Is there an undercard for this fight? I got Juan Manuel in an UD. Mike don't have the skills Juan Manuel has. I doubt Juan takes a 5th Pac fight. He will retire after this fight forcing a Pac vs. Bradley 3 or Alvarado fight.
KOpower
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Pac and Canelo fight at the end of the year if Marquez loses. Oscar is going to need a big event to keep GBP humming once Shaeffer leaves and takes all of Haymon's fighters with him. Arum will be desperate for a big name for Pac. Pac and Canelo would do well over 1 million buys as well. That would be a great fight.
AZWildCat
Didn't know this was at a 43 catchweight... Mike looks significantly larger standing next to Juan ...I'm talking height and reach. I hope he uses it to his advantage.

Also the postal aydin fight is supposed to be for a mandatory spot vs swift.

Jack 1000
Interesting preview from Yahoo Sports,

Is Alverado giving Marquez too much respect?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-marquez-a...600-boxing.html

(Credit-Yahoo)

Jack
Dolimite
QUOTE (KOpower @ May 15 2014, 04:44 PM) *
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Pac and Canelo fight at the end of the year if Marquez loses. Oscar is going to need a big event to keep GBP humming once Shaeffer leaves and takes all of Haymon's fighters with him. Arum will be desperate for a big name for Pac. Pac and Canelo would do well over 1 million buys as well. That would be a great fight.

At what weight? Saul can't get down to 152 and Manny ain't making it two 150. Even Saul's team said that they weren't interested in fighting Pacquiao. Pacquiao is out of opponents. He has Juan, Ruslan and Alvarado to choose from. Those fights will not pay off the tax man.
klonopinz
juan will fight pac for a fifth time simply becuz he ants a welterweight title for his legacy to be the first taco eater to win five belts five divisions. since he knows pac so well and he koed him, hell take the fight cuz he knows he can win. id take pac in the fight. the new pac who dont take chances and just boxes will be able to beat marquez because he wont be able to use pacmans agression against him to set him up. pac will in a decision like the 3rd fight.
BigFightFan
Tough fight to call tonight. Marquez just doesn't rise to the occasion when he's in against any opponent other than Pacquiao, but the counter puncher should have success against Alvarado who comes forward to attack. JMM by close decision tonight.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 16 2014, 10:59 PM) *
Interesting preview from Yahoo Sports,

Is Alverado giving Marquez too much respect?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-marquez-a...600-boxing.html

(Credit-Yahoo)

Jack

nice article ...i dont think its too much respect more or less not enough animosity. mike has stated he wants to retire a legend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.