Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fox Sports 1@ 9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Juarez vs. Alverado-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
Special boxing show tonight as veteran Rocky Juarez goes up in an elimination fight for the WBC Super-Featherweight Silver belt against Rene Alverado

Fight News has an interview with Rocky here:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/exclusive-...y-juarez-247111

Jack
mrchitown
Always loved Juarez, he is game but he always comes up short. He needs to retire ASAP though
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 26 2014, 12:02 PM) *
Always loved Juarez, he is game but he always comes up short. He needs to retire ASAP though

Agreed,

Can't see him winning tonight. I get the feeling that he is doing this for the money only. He's always been a class act.
Cshel86
Just tuned in...love to see the young guys fight with headgear on and all. Good look...
Cshel86
Is Jim Ross from Monday Night Raw, commentating? That voice sounds TOO familiar!
Cshel86
Wait...those were girls in that first amateur fight??? GTFOH! LOL
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 26 2014, 04:31 PM) *
Agreed,

Can't see him winning tonight. I get the feeling that he is doing this for the money only. He's always been a class act.

Early in his career he was game he just couldn't get voer the hump. Always loved him, he's a warrior in and outside the ring
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 26 2014, 08:17 PM) *
Wait...those were girls in that first amateur fight??? GTFOH! LOL

Tell me more laugh.gif
Jack 1000
Very good fight!

I had it a draw at 114-114. Could see 115-113 either way. Texas home-cooking with the crowd and the UD for Juarez too wide. 17-111 and 116-112 (twice.) They were really into it, the service guys, which was very cool!

Jack

Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 26 2014, 11:19 PM) *
Tell me more laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I tuned in late.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 27 2014, 11:01 AM) *
laugh.gif

I tuned in late.

Damn this quality time is messing me up laugh.gif
AZWildCat
Just caught it on dvr ...that was a draw but he got the home turf nod. But what else is new. He put some veteran moves on the boy that carried him threw and got the attention of Johnny Gonzalez for his next fight I mean arce or Juarez??? I'm Texas bred myself so ill cosign rocky over arce.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ May 27 2014, 03:45 PM) *
Just caught it on dvr ...that was a draw but he got the home turf nod. But what else is new. He put some veteran moves on the boy that carried him threw and got the attention of Johnny Gonzalez for his next fight I mean arce or Juarez??? I'm Texas bred myself so ill cosign rocky over arce.

What a thrill it was to see a non-local Texas ref in there, and one of the best Steve Smoger! If this was a WBC recommendation, what a great call! We still had the local judges, but for a change, we finally didn't see Lawrence Cole in there!

Jack
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 27 2014, 09:18 PM) *
What a thrill it was to see a non-local Texas ref in there, and one of the best Steve Smoger! If this was a WBC recommendation, what a great call! We still had the local judges, but for a change, we finally didn't see Lawrence Cole in there!

Jack

i just feel like they need to act like they want the big stage jobs and not the armature fights that can barley fill the gym sometimes. but the job has to get done right. same for the judges!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.