Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would Floyd turn down 200 million to fight Pac in Dubai?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
pacco_diablo
I'm not saying he'd get paid that much but what if he did get an offer for something close to that, could he look past his hatred of Arum then? For someone who would rather be known as The Best Ever moneymaker, I'd have a hard time seeing how he could turn it down.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/06/10/14...her-fight-dubai

Pacquiao-Mayweather fight in Dubai?

By Danny Buenafe, ABS-CBN News Middle East Bureau
Posted at 06/10/2014 3:06 PM | Updated as of 06/10/2014 3:06 PM
DUBAI The highly anticipated dream bout between boxing superstars Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. may still push through and it may happen neither in Las Vegas nor in Macau, but probably in Dubai.

The President and Royal Family of the United Arab Emirates have given the green light to hold talks for a possible staging of the mega-fight long demanded by boxing fans in Dubai.

Prince Amir Shafipour expressed confidence that they have the formula to bring to the negotiating table the handlers for both Pacquiao and Mayweather.

Representing Golden Cage Events and Promotions, Prince Amir was given the go-signal to coordinate with a major boxing promoter in the United States.

He did not reveal yet the identity of the promoter, but boasts that the latter has connections to both camps.

Prince Amir has the backing of UAE President Khalifa Bin Zayed AL Nahyan, whose vision is to make Dubai the premiere entertainment and tourism destination, not only in the Middle East, but globally.

He does not see any problem raising the prize money, or the handle of Top Rank Promotions of Bob Arum, where Pacquiao has an existing contract.

Reports have indicated that Mayweather is unwilling to work with Arum.

While admitting there could be slight problems in dealing with Mayweather, Prince Amir remains optimistic this could be ironed out.

Prince Amir and Golden Cage Events and Promotions were behind the huge success of the recently concluded Global Fighting Championships, held also in Dubai.

They are currently going through a financial study, reviewing the pay-per-view, and other TV rights in holding the Pacquiao-Mayweather mega-fight.

For years, Dubai has become a sports paradise for huge events in the field of golf, tennis and even horse racing. Prince Amir believes the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight could be the clincher.

He is set to leave for the United States in the next two to three weeks to finalize the negotiations.
Plah
C'mon lol, who's this "promoter with connections to both camps"?

laugh.gif
mgrover
Didnt this crap get reported timeeeeeee ago. Then Khan was going to do it and it never happened. Till this happens and is successful for a fighter I cant see it as viable option. I mean Macau is more proven than Dubai
AZWildCat
macu or dubia wont happen for to many reasons
mrchitown

This was an entertaining read
Jovi
Middle Eastern "Prince" money is no joke, When you THAT rich it really it isn't a problem to raise some chump change, even for the biggest fight in history.

Idk about the story, but its interesting, because the only way it can happen other than Floyd putting money in Arum's pocket is that Both sides work with a 3rd party.
It shouldn't be a 50-50 split, for many reasons but it should be both of their biggest paydays. Pac making around 10-25 mill*. Mayweather probably making 50 mill or more. Everyone makes alot of Money, Everyone is happy.

*I think we made it straight that Pac's highest payday so far was like 6 or 10 mill right?

Serious Question: Does Arum do Business with Al haymon..... If so that would be the only "Promoter" i could think of with connections to both camps
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 10 2014, 11:30 PM) *

This was an entertaining read

laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jovi @ Jun 11 2014, 06:02 PM) *
Middle Eastern "Prince" money is no joke, When you THAT rich it really it isn't a problem to raise some chump change, even for the biggest fight in history.

Idk about the story, but its interesting, because the only way it can happen other than Floyd putting money in Arum's pocket is that Both sides work with a 3rd party.
It shouldn't be a 50-50 split, for many reasons but it should be both of their biggest paydays. Pac making around 10-25 mill*. Mayweather probably making 50 mill or more. Everyone makes alot of Money, Everyone is happy.

*I think we made it straight that Pac's highest payday so far was like 6 or 10 mill right?

Serious Question: Does Arum do Business with Al haymon..... If so that would be the only "Promoter" i could think of with connections to both camps

I don't give a damn what money this alleged person has financially, like MG said, this was reported a while ago and nothing happened. Nothing at all, and the other fights they were rumored to be interested in, nothing materialized. It is interesting but I find it more fluff then actual substance....it said he's set to leave for the US to finalize negotiations..this that Mike Lowry bullshit lmao

Your right a prince got cake but why overspend like that? The fight between these two ain't even that relevant anymore. It lost soooo much steam. Mayweather putting money in Arum's pocket??? Nothing to see here lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 11 2014, 06:13 PM) *
laugh.gif

It was key words like connections to both camps, leaving to finalize negotiations...man foh, they couldn't even finalize when Schaefer went THERE to make the Khan fight lol...I will forever maintain that if these 2 do actually step in the ring, it'll be in that new arena the MGM is builidng. Remember I told you I toured the property. I could see Mayweather and Pacquiao in May 2016 to break ground on the building

One thing the article doesn't mention is the taxes each would have to pay. We all know the good ol U.S. of A. is gon take a big protion out of Floyd's purse if he made that fight in Dubai. For that reason alone I couldn't see this being a legitimate option. Dubai may get an actual boxing event, but it won't be this fight
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 11 2014, 10:49 PM) *
It was key words like connections to both camps, leaving to finalize negotiations...man foh, they couldn't even finalize when Schaefer went THERE to make the Khan fight lol...I will forever maintain that if these 2 do actually step in the ring, it'll be in that new arena the MGM is builidng. Remember I told you I toured the property. I could see Mayweather and Pacquiao in May 2016 to break ground on the building

One thing the article doesn't mention is the taxes each would have to pay. We all know the good ol U.S. of A. is gon take a big protion out of Floyd's purse if he made that fight in Dubai. For that reason alone I couldn't see this being a legitimate option. Dubai may get an actual boxing event, but it won't be this fight

Tell me about it. I remember Schaefer was out in Dubai for a good two weeks...came back with nothing but empty promises for Khan, terrible. I remember back in 2012, there was this guy involved in the music industry, that was sending a million texts saying that he had connections, and that he can give both guys $20M upfront...an blah blah blah....nothing materialized.

It's always somebody who's trying to fund this fight and also have all of these connections to both camps. It's like being that nerd at the cool table, trying to bag the baddest chick in school...there are more turn downs than accepted offers. Lol.

I remember that Tommy Smalls dude...what a financially illiterate scumbag...he tried to pull Floyd away from Haymon and make his own money on the side. What a douche...epic fail. Lol
klonopinz
nobody wants to hang out in the middle east, its that simple. that place is a shithole, its like a diamond on a turd
mgrover
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jun 12 2014, 05:43 PM) *
nobody wants to hang out in the middle east, its that simple. that place is a shithole, its like a diamond on a turd

you say that but look at Dubai itself, while the middle east is a mess, Dubai is sexy as fuck laugh.gif
TheCritics
while Dubai is official, why is there even a need for Mayweather to fight there? why is that even important?

let Top Rematchnk focus on the mini baccarat players laundering money in Macau while boxing flourishes here in the states
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 12 2014, 09:57 AM) *
Tell me about it. I remember Schaefer was out in Dubai for a good two weeks...came back with nothing but empty promises for Khan, terrible. I remember back in 2012, there was this guy involved in the music industry, that was sending a million texts saying that he had connections, and that he can give both guys $20M upfront...an blah blah blah....nothing materialized.

It's always somebody who's trying to fund this fight and also have all of these connections to both camps. It's like being that nerd at the cool table, trying to bag the baddest chick in school...there are more turn downs than accepted offers. Lol.

I remember that Tommy Smalls dude...what a financially illiterate scumbag...he tried to pull Floyd away from Haymon and make his own money on the side. What a douche...epic fail. Lol

I remember that as well, there was a lot of enthusiasm from Schaefer and Khan that it would get made and then he came back to the states and really never mentioned it again....the guy who was supposedly in the music industry..didn't Ben do an article on that?

It's always somebody "allegedly" trying to fund the fight. Somebody who always thinks they have the secret to get the fight made and then months later we like "wonder what ever happened to mr. connections to both camps and those negotiations"

That guy is an embarrassment. He turned on his friend for crumbs and got exposed. I wonder if he's still hanging around 50? And that whole thing about getting Mayweather away from Haymon I think was orchestrated by Arum. I think he was gassing 50 up. Immediately after Floyd and 50 stopped hanging around eachother, you see 50 with Arum and Pacquiao consistnetly. Now 50 ain't got too much of a stable with SMS and backpeddaling saying he didn't want to be a promoter
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 12 2014, 09:30 PM) *
I remember that as well, there was a lot of enthusiasm from Schaefer and Khan that it would get made and then he came back to the states and really never mentioned it again....the guy who was supposedly in the music industry..didn't Ben do an article on that?

It's always somebody "allegedly" trying to fund the fight. Somebody who always thinks they have the secret to get the fight made and then months later we like "wonder what ever happened to mr. connections to both camps and those negotiations"

That guy is an embarrassment. He turned on his friend for crumbs and got exposed. I wonder if he's still hanging around 50? And that whole thing about getting Mayweather away from Haymon I think was orchestrated by Arum. I think he was gassing 50 up. Immediately after Floyd and 50 stopped hanging around eachother, you see 50 with Arum and Pacquiao consistnetly. Now 50 ain't got too much of a stable with SMS and backpeddaling saying he didn't want to be a promoter

Yes he did do an article on that..posted the text messages and all. It was all a huge mess and hard for me to grasp at one point...

It does get old though...guys act like they have that Willy Wonka golden ticket, but as you said, we wait for months and end up not hearing shit, lol. That Smalls dude was a certified scrub, and ANYBODY that even feeds into his plans, are just as deluded as he is. I mean, he made it seem like it would be so easy to pull Floyd away and "make a fight", smh.

I do remember that, but if I remember correctly, 50 was already scratching Bob's back while Floyd was away, and as you mentioned, 50 clinged onto Bob quick after he and Floyd fell out. I wonder what Bob's relationship is with 50 at this moment...
mgrover
even Arums come out an said this is bull, i mean thats gotta tell you something lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 13 2014, 08:50 AM) *
even Arums come out an said this is bull, i mean thats gotta tell you something lol

That was funny, I really liked the part where arum said the last guy who said he was a prince from Dubai wasn't even a prince, he was born in Brooklyn, New York laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 12 2014, 09:34 PM) *
Yes he did do an article on that..posted the text messages and all. It was all a huge mess and hard for me to grasp at one point...

It does get old though...guys act like they have that Willy Wonka golden ticket, but as you said, we wait for months and end up not hearing shit, lol. That Smalls dude was a certified scrub, and ANYBODY that even feeds into his plans, are just as deluded as he is. I mean, he made it seem like it would be so easy to pull Floyd away and "make a fight", smh.

I do remember that, but if I remember correctly, 50 was already scratching Bob's back while Floyd was away, and as you mentioned, 50 clinged onto Bob quick after he and Floyd fell out. I wonder what Bob's relationship is with 50 at this moment...

Ok, I knew that was the one I was thinking about. Damn scam artists

He did and I never even heard of that guy before he got put on blast for trying to be shady. After it didn't work out the way he would've liked he high tailed it over to 50's side and hasn't been seen since

And it doesn't seem like there is really much of anything going on between 50 and Arum now. Could this be a glimpse at what the future relationship between Oscar and Arum will be like?....and Gamboa has said that other promoters are making it difficult for 50 to promote. Could be true, I think he might've been referring to Schaefer and Haymon
HyyerBlaze
Why was Floyd willing to work with Manny few years ago...but not now?hmmmmm
MAHDI
----Taliban, Isis... they will tear some shit up if the biggest fight made takes place there. Enough of this talk..
mgrover
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jun 14 2014, 07:10 AM) *

i always asked that but was told random shit
TheCritics
why would any professional fighter be scared (as some buffoons are indicating) of fighting Manny Pacquiao? makes no damn sense whatsoever, now if I were advising Mayweather, I would have had him beat Pac pre JMM emphatic KO but thats me

my issue with the whole Pactard Nation is why was it always ok for JMM to have to leave GBP in order to land another Pac fight (payday, controversial decision, etc) and SSM to unload his GBP shares to get a Pac fight?

but look the other way like Arum is this Godlike figure when Pac could've became a free agent for ONE DAMN FIGHT
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jun 14 2014, 02:10 AM) *

OOOOOOOOOOHHH!!! You're not supposed to ask those questions here!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jun 14 2014, 02:10 AM) *

Nobody can even answer why Manny (or his team) didn't wanna do random testing. To this day, nobody seems to wanna answer that. Had he agreed, then the fight would've happened yeeeears ago.
mrchitown
QUOTE (TheCritics @ Jun 15 2014, 11:51 AM) *
why would any professional fighter be scared (as some buffoons are indicating) of fighting Manny Pacquiao? makes no damn sense whatsoever, now if I were advising Mayweather, I would have had him beat Pac pre JMM emphatic KO but thats me

my issue with the whole Pactard Nation is why was it always ok for JMM to have to leave GBP in order to land another Pac fight (payday, controversial decision, etc) and SSM to unload his GBP shares to get a Pac fight?

but look the other way like Arum is this Godlike figure when Pac could've became a free agent for ONE DAMN FIGHT

I'd be surprised if you got an answer to this
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 16 2014, 08:54 PM) *
Nobody can even answer why Manny (or his team) didn't wanna do random testing. To this day, nobody seems to wanna answer that. Had he agreed, then the fight would've happened yeeeears ago.

I think it was a lot of posturing, if you were training Pac would you concede anything in the negotiations?? I mean realistically, if Mayweather wanted to think Pac is on drugs on fight night great, it'll add fuel to the buzz that Pac is the next coming of Christ but more badass. The test was a Pac having to prove himself to Mayweather that he was clean, to nobody else, and clearly nobody should submit themselves to Mayweather. Funnily enough all the athletes that have been caught in recent times was the urine sample. Then confirmed with blood...
TheCritics
typical spin... nothing to hide? no need for cutoffs of any sort let alone refusals of any kind
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 16 2014, 02:54 PM) *

He's agreed to them now yes?But now Arum is the issue even tho it "wasn't" the issue back then.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jun 16 2014, 11:16 PM) *
He's agreed to them now yes?But now Arum is the issue even tho it "wasn't" the issue back then.

Dont try to make sense up in here... It will only get then into a feeding frenzy.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 16 2014, 07:49 PM) *
I think it was a lot of posturing, if you were training Pac would you concede anything in the negotiations?? I mean realistically, if Mayweather wanted to think Pac is on drugs on fight night great, it'll add fuel to the buzz that Pac is the next coming of Christ but more badass. The test was a Pac having to prove himself to Mayweather that he was clean, to nobody else, and clearly nobody should submit themselves to Mayweather. Funnily enough all the athletes that have been caught in recent times was the urine sample. Then confirmed with blood...

So what about the $10M per lb, if Floyd came in overweight? Ridiculous, or nah? Negotiations is nothing but a fancy word for "concede", so I don't get your drift here.
I get your point about the urine sample being detected first, but c'mon now, how can people praise the fact that Peterson got caught BEFORE the Khan rematch, but those same people wanted Floyd to "just fight" Manny, and wait til after the fight for the results. Irony?

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jun 16 2014, 11:16 PM) *

Well answer this, had Floyd not agreed to testing if Pac's team asked for it, then what would you have thought? Floyd was hiding something? Floyd shouldn't have to "concede" to Pac's demands? I mean look at it...Floyd hasn't lost a fight yet...don't you think that people would've made a huge deal out of him refusing testing, especially after Pac stopped looking superhuman, and Floyd is still beating bigger guys? I'll wait...
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 17 2014, 12:44 AM) *
Dont try to make sense up in here... It will only get then into a feeding frenzy.

Everything's open for discussion around here, but that's your opinion.
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 17 2014, 08:59 AM) *
Well answer this, had Floyd not agreed to testing if Pac's team asked for it, then what would you have thought? Floyd was hiding something? Floyd shouldn't have to "concede" to Pac's demands? I mean look at it...Floyd hasn't lost a fight yet...don't you think that people would've made a huge deal out of him refusing testing, especially after Pac stopped looking superhuman, and Floyd is still beating bigger guys? I'll wait...

I guess I wouldn't be mad at Pac not taking the fight..but I'm also not mad at Floyd not taking the fight when PAC wouldn't agree to testing.

BUT now that PAC has stated he would do testing...Floyd ignores this and said the reason the fight hasn't happened was Bob Arum...EVEN THOUGH PAC was still under TR when all the testing was an issue.Which is why so many people blame Floyd for this fight not happening.

HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 16 2014, 11:44 PM) *

Lol yeah...PAC fans and Floyd fans really are the same person .

Which is why boxing is better when you only root for the boxer you're betting on.
Cshel86
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jun 17 2014, 12:27 PM) *
I guess I wouldn't be mad at Pac not taking the fight..but I'm also not mad at Floyd not taking the fight when PAC wouldn't agree to testing.

BUT now that PAC has stated he would do testing...Floyd ignores this and said the reason the fight hasn't happened was Bob Arum...EVEN THOUGH PAC was still under TR when all the testing was an issue.Which is why so many people blame Floyd for this fight not happening.

It's just an ugly situation across the board, and I hope this fight finally dies for good.

Then and now are two different things...well, not in this case. How do you think the testing situation spiraled out of control in the first place? I was cool with both team going back and forth about cutoff dates, though I wholeheartedly disagree with cutoff dates...it still beats the hell out of defamation lawsuits and an all-out halt to the fight. That probably didn't make that much sense, but I think most of us have grown to hate defamation suits, since those were filed. Lol

Manny will ALWAYS be under the TR banner, no matter how many times we're fooled into thinking that he's gonna be a free agent. So, the same conditions that stood back then, I'm sure still stand now. Manny started doing random testing...through the athletic commissions...what a waste.

If most people would look at facts instead of running off of emotions, most of the guys that Floyd tested with, stopped testing well before the actual fight date, I'm talking at least 7-10 days. Most would ask, "If that's the case, then why wouldn't Floyd ask Manny for testing settle for a 10 day cutoff date?". Then, the initial question needs to be asked AGAIN..."Why did Manny's team even ask for a cutoff date to begin with?"
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 17 2014, 12:29 PM) *
It's just an ugly situation across the board, and I hope this fight finally dies for good.

Then and now are two different things...well, not in this case. How do you think the testing situation spiraled out of control in the first place? I was cool with both team going back and forth about cutoff dates, though I wholeheartedly disagree with cutoff dates...it still beats the hell out of defamation lawsuits and an all-out halt to the fight. That probably didn't make that much sense, but I think most of us have grown to hate defamation suits, since those were filed. Lol

Manny will ALWAYS be under the TR banner, no matter how many times we're fooled into thinking that he's gonna be a free agent. So, the same conditions that stood back then, I'm sure still stand now. Manny started doing random testing...through the athletic commissions...what a waste.

If most people would look at facts instead of running off of emotions, most of the guys that Floyd tested with, stopped testing well before the actual fight date, I'm talking at least 7-10 days. Most would ask, "If that's the case, then why wouldn't Floyd ask Manny for testing settle for a 10 day cutoff date?". Then, the initial question needs to be asked AGAIN..."Why did Manny's team even ask for a cutoff date to begin with?"

I've been there for a few yrs now. It lost excitement for me before the last Marquez fight. I just think at a certain point it's time to move on to something else. This has been going on since 2009, it's time to let it die.....and Manny and his crew ain't agree to testing until he got world starred by Marquez. Suddenly, they'll do anything to make the fight, including testing with no cutoff date lmao
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 17 2014, 10:02 AM) *
Everything's open for discussion around here, but that's your opinion.

You know I know that... I ain't never had a problem with you. I'm sure if I said something you didnt like, you'd speak to me like a man and not hurl insults like some others do when their nerves get a little singed.
TheCritics
these dumbass Pac balloon lovers absolutely are useless to society... kinda like low information trailer trash rednecks who vote republican against their own interests

The DEVILISH SNAKE just said he's willing to make Mayweather-Pac in 2016 which would be at the END of his new contract and you FumbDucks somehow missed that?

just let this fight die... damn

go support Top Rematchnk with their Mayweather-Maidana claims of poor matchmaking then parrot Pac-Algieri as must see
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.