48 seconds is all it took for UFC women's bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes to make the first successful defense of her title, destroying former champion Ronda Rousey in the first round of their UFC 207 main event showdown at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Nunes dominated from the start, beating Rousey to the punch with her superior striking. The champion wasted no time in jumping on the challenger, rocking her big with shots that had Rousey staggering around the cage, prompting the referee to mercifully stop the fight. Relive the action in FightHype's round-by-round results!
Nunes immediately lands a 1-2. Another right from Nunes rocks the head of Rousey. Rousey retreats. Nunes coming forward. Another right lands for Nunes. And another. Again. Rousey is hurt bad and is on shaky legs. Nunes lands another left hook and a right. Another left and Rousey wobbles back. Nunes jumps on her and lets her hands go. Big right and a left for Nunes. Another 1-2 from Nunes and a big right against the cage has Rousey flailing around bad. That's it. The referee jumps in and calls a halt to the fight. Wow! Nunes absolutely destroyed Rousey.
THE WINNER BY TKO AT 48 SECONDS OF ROUND 1...AMANDA NUNES
- Cody Garbrandt def. Dominick Cruz via Unanimous Decision
- T.J. Dillashaw def. John Lineker via Unanimous Decision
- Dong Hyun Kim def. Tarec Saffiedine via Split Decision
- Ray Borg def. Louis Smolka via Unanimous Decision
- Neil Magny def. Johny Hendricks via Unanimous Decision
- Antonio Carlos Jr. def. Marvin Vettori via Unanimous Decision
- Alex Garcia def. Mike Pyle via KO in Round One
- Niko Price def. Brandon Thatch via Submission (arm-triangle choke) in Round One
- Tim Means NC Alex Oliveira (illegal knees)
[ Follow Ben Thompson on Twitter @fighthype ]